Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
It is a balance, if they aren't clean enough (usually aluminum) some other species can dig it up in 100,000 years when we're long gone.

I have my hybrid using 5 litres per 100, recycle, check country of origin for products, work for free .5 to 1 day per week for the people. But I'm not all in I still eat meat. If you eat meat you aren't all in. And really you shouldn't eat apples unless they've fallen on the own. ;-)

Yeah, I think people today know you don't use storm drains for toxic material.

Actually, here you can't even wash your car letting the water go down the drain.

Oh, I'm not all in at all. Just saying I think I'm better than probably 75% of the hypocrites shaming me because I ask questions about things that clearly don't make sense.

I guarantee you there are people that don't know the worst place you can put waste is in a storm drain. I've had the conversation with contractors many times. Most think it's better in the storm drain than a toilet where at least it gets treated. I live 300m from Lake Ontario. You pour your drywall mud soaked water bucket in a storm drain, you may as well walk down to the lake and pour it directly into water. Same with salt. Lawyers are ruining our world because of all the salt being spread around to avoid slips and falls and forcing people to just learn how to drive. Every Na+ and Cl- ion poured on our roads ends up in our waterways eventually. It's ridiculous. If we REALLY want to save the world, the government could do it right now by making slip and fall lawsuits illegal or introduce punishments for spurious slip and fall lawsuits. Always loved the fact Alberta uses sand instead. My many lost windshields never agreed.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
In the hierarchy of the US government who has more power the POTUS or the Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases? Who was the guy who was caught in over 60,000 lies over a 4 years period and is currently under multiple federal and state investigations for fraud, tax invasion and was impeached twice? Who is about to be charged for insurrection?

The US system is federal, that means states have a great deal of autonomy in how they deal with medical emergencies like pandemics

The federal government can help the states obtain medical equipment, PPE and vaccines and advise them on how they should behave but that is a decision made by state governors and legislatures

That's why you get such disparate results from state to state, where NY (the NE US in general) and California are and were raging dumpster fires and Florida and Texas had better results with a less authoritarian response

I don't know why you see the need to bring up the former president and things that have literally nothing to do with his COVID response (impeachment, tax evasion) and won't respond to Fauchi and his backtracking, evasions and outright lies

Just as an aside which president was it that oversaw the fastest vaccination development and rollout in human history again? and was administering 1M doses a day when he left office?

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Great to see this thread devolve into Bluelines’ personal political rants.

Thread got a lot more tolerable when I ignored him. I have no issue with someone having a different opinion. Stealth1 is a great example. We see it different but he never got alarmist or personal. Happy to have a discussion with someone like that. I hope I've come across the same for others that I'm sure think I'm out to lunch.

Last edited:

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Oh, I'm not all in at all. Just saying I think I'm better than probably 75% of the hypocrites shaming me because I ask questions about things that clearly don't make sense.

I guarantee you there are people that don't know the worst place you can put waste is in a storm drain. I've had the conversation with contractors many times. Most think it's better in the storm drain than a toilet where at least it gets treated. I live 300m from Lake Ontario. You pour your drywall mud soaked water bucket in a storm drain, you may as well walk down to the lake and pour it directly into water. Same with salt. Lawyers are ruining our world because of all the salt being spread around to avoid slips and falls and forcing people to just learn how to drive. Every Na+ and Cl- ion poured on our roads ends up in our waterways eventually. It's ridiculous. If we REALLY want to save the world, the government could do it right now by making slip and fall lawsuits illegal or introduce punishments for spurious slip and fall lawsuits. Always loved the fact Alberta uses sand instead. My many lost windshields never agreed.
I worked with a guy that acted like he was thrifty, he claimed he did his own oil changes. I asked what does he do with the old oil? There was an awkward silence and finally he says he stores it. Yeah sure.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I worked with a guy that acted like he was thrifty, he claimed he did his own oil changes. I asked what does he do with the old oil? There was an awkward silence and finally he says he stores it. Yeah sure.

Yup. And I really do store it until I have enough to take it to the hazardous waste depot at our local transfer station along with all of the used batteries, etc. I *highly* doubt most people do this. Then there are the hypocrites that have probably the same carbon footprint as me or close but act all sanctimonious about...oil or whatever. Finally there are those that purposely have no opinions, stay out of it and just don't want to know. I would bet I'm better than about 90% of our population environmentally but you know, I ask questions so I'm a heretic.

Reactions: Confucius

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Yup. And I really do store it until I have enough to take it to the hazardous waste depot at our local transfer station along with all of the used batteries, etc. I *highly* doubt most people do this. Then there are the hypocrites that have probably the same carbon footprint as me or close but act all sanctimonious about...oil or whatever. Finally there are those that purposely have no opinions, stay out of it and just don't want to know. I would bet I'm better than about 90% of our population environmentally but you know, I ask questions so I'm a heretic.
Most people have the lie low attitude..

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
It's pretty simple if you want to look for the answers without being biased one way or the other. In late January the CDC and WHO warned that the PCR test at anything over 30 cycles was likely to lead to false positives. Now the companies that have those testing machines updated their firmware or software to reduce the amount of cycles per test. Thus, the false positives were mostly eliminated from the equation. Why people in the media and government are baffled by the sudden drop in cases is hilarious. Doesn't anyone read the news?...especially from the CDC and WHO?

So we had over 4k cases a day in ontario in mid to late January...and magically the cases drop to just over 1k within a few weeks...and people think its because of a vaccine that barely got a chance to roll out. It's comical actually...and BTW...I called this exact scenario amongst my friends back in the fall when the election was done...I just assumed it would have been done sooner (lowering the PCR cycles) than late January.

Some states, prior to the WHO recommendation, required the testing lab to provide the CT value with the results and a DX from a medical provider to be considered an actual case versus a probable case..

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
In the hierarchy of the US government who has more power the POTUS or the Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases? Who was the guy who was caught in over 60,000 lies over a 4 years period and is currently under multiple federal and state investigations for fraud, tax invasion and was impeached twice? Who is about to be charged for insurrection?
The individual states have the power. The NIAID director and the coronavirus task force advise and give guidance.
If you recall the POTUS was chastised for even thinking he had total control over restrictions. Rightfully so.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
Some states, prior to the WHO recommendation, required the testing lab to provide the CT value with the results and a DX from a medical provider to be considered an actual case versus a probable case..

I know Florida was one of them...but people said they were lying about their numbers. I had one discussion with someone who flat out said that. I asked if they were fudging the hospitalization numbers too....no answer was forthcoming. People just don't want to see things sometimes...California was locked down for a year and was worse than FLA in almost every single metric ...yet they stayed locked down until a recall vote on Newsome was a serious concern for him..funny...I guess he didn't care about people when he was threatened with a recall.

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014

I also know that in order to call a case a case medically..you need to have a positive test AND exhibit symptoms...funny how they changed the way they counted cases and considered a positive test a case all of sudden.

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
I read domestic violence is up but all other crime is down, maybe for the public good we should just lockdown forever. Just stay home and it will be safer world for all. One life lost to crime is one too many just stay home.

2020 was the year that 'mitigate' became 'eliminate'...

Reactions: Confucius

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
This thread is going to be another gong show I’m thinking. Two sides with guns pointed at each other,refusing to back down ha. Go talk some hockey. Best a news link thread with good info links.

same old posters going around in circles.

i expect nothing less from XII

This thread has been toxic for quite some time.

Car_off_cliff_sign.JPG

Reactions: Pink Mist

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I know Florida was one of them...but people said they were lying about their numbers. I had one discussion with someone who flat out said that. I asked if they were fudging the hospitalization numbers too....no answer was forthcoming. People just don't want to see things sometimes...California was locked down for a year and was worse than FLA in almost every single metric ...yet they stayed locked down until a recall vote on Newsome was a serious concern for him..funny...I guess he didn't care about people when he was threatened with a recall.

Friend lives in Florida and says DeSantis definitely screws with the numbers.
They tried arresting the girl who would provide real numbers, and took her computers.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

If anything states have erred on the side of over reporting. Literally I’ve seen deaths counted 90 days after the date of death through a death certificate review. Obviously they’re not dying in the hospital.

The data is very clear who is at risk of serious illness, hospitalization and death.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Yes, not many driving around with pristine windshields here. There is a coating you can put on now that has made a difference for us. Might be Armorall, taken a few hits and survived.

Oh, and by sand you mean small gravel :(

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
2020 was the year that 'mitigate' became 'eliminate'...

The original shutdown last March was to prevent a collapse of the health care system.
Once they had a grasp of what they were dealing with each state was able to deal with the virus as they saw fit.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Yes, not many driving around with pristine windshields here. There is a coating you can put on now that has made a difference for us. Might be Armorall, taken a few hits and survived.

Oh, and by sand you mean small gravel :(

LOL, exactly. I don't know if I said it, I grew up in Lethbridge. I'm well aware. Of course people out there know better how to drive in the winter too...because they aren't protected by saline solution every time a few flakes drop.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Fat people with body mass index over 30 much more likely to be hospitalized and die of COVID as per UK and US study ... even vaccines are not as effective for these people ... great wake up call for all of us to LOSE weight ... and keep up your vitamin intake ... try it and get back to your age 20 fighting weight ... it is hard ... I have been at it for well over a year .... start with cutting out sugar and bread ... first 2 weeks are hardest until your body figures it out

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Fat people with body mass index over 30 much more likely to be hospitalized and die of COVID as per UK and US study ... even vaccines are not as effective for these people ... great wake up call for all of us to LOSE weight ... and keep up your vitamin intake ... try it and get back to your age 20 fighting weight ... it is hard ... I have been at it for well over a year .... start with cutting out sugar and bread ... first 2 weeks are hardest until your body figures it out
Cant wait for the CDC to make the recommendation to lose weight and eat better.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I have no use for this Levin guy but the Gov is right. Once again he used the data and implemented a science based plan to vaccinate.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

Cut out cows milk it encourages inflammation in the joints for some people. Bread, sugar, cows milk cut it all out of your diet. If it comes in a box , cut it out of your diet. basically avoid the center grocery isles and only buy from the outside wall at the grocery store, produce, seafood, meat, beer.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad