Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
When you give complex multilayered data to a simple mind you get a simple conclusion. For example what if a person suffered from severe anxiety and OCD and took their life during this pandemic? Not because of the lock down rules but because there was a deadly virus spreading through the world? A simple mind would see this suicide and then think hey it's because of the lockdown rules because that simple mind needs to justify his/her simple and incorrect narrative. Prior to the pandemic suicides among people under the age of 25 were up 60% over a ten year period, were there any locks downs then? No? Some people say social media is the root cause for so many suicides among the younger generation. Perhaps that generation has more times on their hands, therefore more opportunity to get bullied online?

When I was in my early teens, two kids who were in my social circle killed themselves in a short period of time. One hung himself the other shot himself. I think we can both agree suicide comes from a person who is suffering from some sort of mental illness or mental distress. I do feel for those that are suffering from a mental illness and I pray they get the profession help they require before going down that road. It's not the lockdowns that are causing suicides, its the lack of coping skills or mental illness that is driving this.

So Flu = Covid-19 in your opinion?

I get your point, but it's a little too one-sided. I think the truth is closer to the middle. I work in the school system and we lost a student to suicide last April. She did not do well at all with the teletherapy format. She refused to click on to join therapy sessions (mind you, those sessions were pretty disorganized too). She also lost access to her external therapy group due to shutdowns. At school, she was very compliant when offered intervention. At home, she became disengaged. We may have been able to intervene at the school.

m1ker

Apr 11, 2014
This thread is more quiet since hockey started.
Speaking of hockey. Why is nhl allowed to be opened but small businesses can’t? These idiots supporting the lockdown have no idea how f***ed up this is. I call them idiots because these are the people who are happy with nothing. You want the government to take care of you. You want to pirate NHL games or torrent movies. Wait until your forced to pay for everything and your left with the very minimum. Just wait. You think these USA corporations will bail you out? They have their own country to deal with.

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto
Speaking of hockey. Why is nhl allowed to be opened but small businesses can’t? These idiots supporting the lockdown have no idea how f***ed up this is. I call them idiots because these are the people who are happy with nothing. You want the government to take care of you. You want to pirate NHL games or torrent movies. Wait until your forced to pay for everything and your left with the very minimum. Just wait. You think these USA corporations will bail you out? They have their own country to deal with.
lay off the booze it's only 6pm

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

I don't profess to know the answer but I'm guessing there are many reasons. I'm guessing in part because of morale? Pretty sure most people are at the end of their wits with doing nothing for a year and sports provide a small distraction. In part because its a US based business?

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto
Italy banning masks for school children
Where are you seeing that? I've only seen the opposite, that is compulsory for kids aged 6+

Edit: nevermind, I found what you're referring to and it's not a ban. Just fake news getting shared by a bunch of people who can't read Italian about a recent court case

Last edited:

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
27 games rescheduled so far, wondering how worse it will get and will the schedule need to be extended to get the games in??

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Where are you seeing that? I've only seen the opposite, that is compulsory for kids aged 6+

Edit: nevermind, I found what you're referring to and it's not a ban. Just fake news getting shared by a bunch of people who can't read Italian about a recent court case

Are you really surprised it was not true? It's bad enough that you have to live through this pandemic but then you have to wade through all the lies and mistruths that are intentionally spread. There should be consequences for people who willfully spread fake news.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
This thread is going to be another gong show I’m thinking. Two sides with guns pointed at each other,refusing to back down ha. Go talk some hockey. Best a news link thread with good info links.
I agree -- thank heavens we have the option:

uH3CmoZ.png

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
After watching the SB halftime show, I tend to agree that the US Canadian border should have temporally been closed for all travel......

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Im somewhat old and I thought it was a great half time show.
One of the HS kids that was watching at our house quipped - “I’m Not sure which was worse, the Chiefs O line, not a real Dr Jill and her patient’s incoherent ramblings, or the Weekend’s half-time show”.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad