Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Well, Fauci for one recently went from saying things could be back to normal in the States as early as April, to suggesting that mask wearing could carry on into 2022. Reduced capacity in stadia could start to be seen in the fall of 2021, to now saying by summer we could see full stadia again. Not to mention silly notions like wearing a mask when getting intimate with your spouse, which was further extended to wearing a mask at all times in your house.

Dr. Bogoch has had some similar missteps on both social media and on the news that you sit there and say to yourself, "You just said something completely different a couple days ago."

And all this bemoaning of the provincial government changing their tune on a daily basis in what is a rapidly changing, fluid situation, then I think the doctors (including Dr. Tam) deserve their fair share of criticism as well. In my opinion at least.
No one knows what is really going on here ... so how can anyone whether you are a doc or not really say much credible ... we don't even know why symptoms are different for everyone who gets this virus ... i have heard well it is because some people get larger portions of it when it enters their body ... and virus variants are all somewhat different some tougher some weaker ... maybe 2 masks are better than 1 mask ... i listened to risto last night about his symptoms and i thought well maybe us big men get different symptoms from smaller guys ... why do some get flu and other chest pain ... why do some get bad cold and others asymptomatic ... some get headaches and other muscle aches ... some people recover in a few days others it takes months and some pass away ... da whole thing really is not well understood ... that is reality of what is going on ... it will take years before da whole thing is really understood ... bottom line try to stay 10 feet apart from everyone else except your family and likely you will be good but you could just get bad luck and touch something while outside which someone who had COVD just touched and you are screwed

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
What happened to the Canadian citizen that refused to take the test when he arrived at the airport?

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
They need to be reviewing now and should already have orders in pending approval.

I believe ... someone probably already answered this ... that Health Canada has been reviewing documents as they've become available, so it isn't like they area starting from scratch.

I know with the AstraZenaca the issues are their mistakes they made during their trials.

I don't know if J&J did a better job with their trials, perhaps it will be approved before AZ?
AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson vaccines — where is Canada at on approvals?
]
Johnson & Johnson

It was expected AstraZeneca would be the third vaccine approved in Canada, but it now appears Johnson & Johnson could be moving ahead in line.
The one-dose shot also appears less effective than the mRNA vaccines — 66 per cent in a large global trial — but experts say it can still play an important role, as it offers strong protection against severe illness.
This week, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration underlined those findings, saying the vaccine does, in fact, appear to be safe and effective. It paves the way for a final U.S. decision on issuing emergency use authorization (EUA) as early as the weekend.
Pending authorization, the U.S. expects to roll out three to four million doses next week.
READ MORE: Johnson & Johnson one-shot vaccine is safe, prevents COVID-19, U.S. FDA says
Canada has been somewhat in lockstep with the U.S. on COVID-19 vaccine approvals. Pfizer and Moderna are approved in both countries.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
What happened to the Canadian citizen that refused to take the test when he arrived at the airport?

"The"? The Sun reported this morning (last night?) that lots of people are just leaving and ignoring the quarantine requirements. Please and health officials are both saying it's not their job to police it.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
They do I posted a link earlier in the thread, We have secured 400 million doses. Geography lesson, there are less than 40 million people in this country.
10 for 1 sale and yet Trudeau might end up with just 40,000 doses.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
At one time schools would teach people the skills they needed to live a successful life, reading, writing and math. Our schools systems are built around a 100 year old "need". Our school system should be teaching kids from Grade 1, how to manage your money, my grand dad taught me 40 years ago, with the exception of a house or a car, if you can't pay for it with cash, you can't afford it, be a saver. They should have Computer Science as a course from grade 1.

These economic hardships stem from lack of education, many people don't know how to manage money, they don't know the difference between cash flow and a savings account. Many live hand to mouth and pay cheque to pay cheque... that is a recipe for disaster. How many people have 6 months of salary saved in their savings for a rainy day? How many put 10% of their net away every pay? How many delay that big purchase till they have the money saved or do they want that instant gratification of buying something and just toss it on a 22% interest credit card?

Very well said, and couldn't agree more.

Our society / education system is not built for people making sound financial decisions.

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
I agree but I think there's also the whole dynamic of how you always compare yourself to your neighbours. If me and my neighbours all lived in mud huts, I'd be happy with a mud hut and I'd try to have the best mud hut on the street. When you live on the Bridle Path, it's exactly the same dynamic except your neighbours are also on the Bridle Path.

Therein lies the problem. I can't begin to tell you how many people have Real Estate they can't afford, not to mention the inability to budget accordingly and don't understand money. Everyone knows the stories of some of the wealthiest individuals with the least amount of material things. Ego and lack of education/knowledge is the killer here.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
"The"? The Sun reported this morning (last night?) that lots of people are just leaving and ignoring the quarantine requirements. Please and health officials are both saying it's not their job to police it.
Yup. This guy definitely had something to do with it :laugh:

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Which should be their legal right.

The art teacher is trying to scare people out of taking a vacation.

Is there is something wrong in being a teacher? All of a sudden you feel people should look down on teachers now? I know you like to cast aspersions but teachers are on your hit list now? Weird....

If you are talking about JT, he's been MP/PM longer than he was a teacher, I'm sure you knew that though. Why wouldn't you say as the Leader of the 4th most influential country in the world, a leader who has improved Canada's place in the world as a world power, the leader of the most influential country in the Western hemisphere, rightfully a few spots ahead of the quickly weakening US, the leader of the country who has has the least amount of covid-19 deaths in North America per 100k , statistically quantifiably the best Covid-19 mitigation plan in North America, the PM is asking his citizens to act in a responsible manner? That guy?

All I can say is thank god we didn't have a sociopathic narcissist grifter con man leading this country , one could only imagine how much damage a man like that would do. I mean we are talking probably 500,000 dead, crashed economy, like I mean worse than the great depression. Thankfully no country had to suffer under the leadership of someone that incompetent. Right? AMIRITE? You know that old saying , those who live in glass houses...

We could have an corrupt autocrat, like in your country, that jails opposition parties, poisons leaders of the opposition when thy take trips to Siberia, sends hit squads to other countries like England to assassinates people. A "leader" who changes parliamentary rules to make himself leader for life. A leader who uses public funds as his own personal bank account, amirite comrade?

JT is not perfect but it could be worse, much much worse. I'm sure if you ask any American or Russian they would concur.

America plummets down list of countries with the most 'soft power' | Daily Mail Online

39765822-9300041-image-a-77_1614268180521.jpg

Last edited:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Is there is something wrong in being a teacher? All of a sudden you feel people should look down on teachers now? I know you like to cast aspersions but teachers are on your hit list now? Weird....

If you are talking about JT, he's been MP/PM longer than he was a teacher, I'm sure you knew that though. Why wouldn't you say as the Leader of the 4th most influential country in the world, a leader who has improved Canada's place in the world as a world power, the leader of the most influential country in the Western hemisphere, rightfully a few spots ahead of the quickly weakening US, the leader of the country who has has the least amount of covid-19 deaths in North America per 100k , statistically quantifiably the best Covid-19 mitigation plan in North America, the PM is asking his citizens to act in a responsible manner? That guy?

All I can say is thank god we didn't have a sociopathic narcissist grifter con man leading this country , one could only imagine how much damage a man like that would do. I mean we are talking probably 500,000 dead, crashed economy, like I mean worse than the great depression. Thankfully no country had to suffer under the leadership of someone that incompetent. Right? AMIRITE? You know that old saying , those who live in glass houses...

JT is not perfect but it could be worse, much much worse. I'm sure if you ask any American they would concur.

America plummets down list of countries with the most 'soft power' | Daily Mail Online

They guy dictating the rules up there is a drama teacher.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

Math and French too, he has a BA, a B. Ed and is working on his Master's. OK so he is educated and has a history sharing that knowledge with students, your point is? He's been a MP/PM for a combination of 13 years.

The US had a failed real-estate developer as their leader for the last 4 years, your point is?

If we can glean anything from previous jobs before you become PM or Prez, and accomplishments once you become country leader, we can absolutely say, the teacher experiment, glowing success story, give us more teachers. Celebrity TV people, ouch, epic failure of the magnitude words can't describe, never, ever have a reality personality as Prez again,....

Last edited:

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Is he 100% right?

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure the government can restrict Charter rights during a national emergency. I think the hotel quarantine is hamfisted the way they implemented it but something had to be done. There are *still* flights arriving with infected passengers and anyone that's selfish enough to get on a flight with covid symptoms can't be trusted to self isolate.

And then there's the mask. He's almost certainly lying about having a medical condition. Wearing a mask is so stupid easy and even if it only helps a little, I don't see the big deal. It's the least of my worries.

Reactions: Kurtz

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017

*Part time* drama teacher who quietly left mid-semester from the school he was teaching at, with a graphic artist as his health minister and a failed journalist that ran her magazine into the ground and whom majored in Russian/Slavic studies as his finance minister. So what's your point :)

Reactions: Confucius

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
That’s the guy. What happened, did he just walk away without being forced into quarantine ?

My earlier point was that apparently, lots of people are doing this and just walking out and so far, nothing's being done about it. The Peel cops say they don't have the manpower to deal with so many air travelers and the health officials are mum so far. All they'd have to do is make an example out of a few people and most would fall in line.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Math and French too, he has a BA, a B. Ed and is working on his Master's. OK so he is educated and has a history sharing that knowledge with students, your point is? He's been a MP/PM for a combination of 13 years.

The US had a failed real-estate developer as their leader for the last 4 years, your point is?

If we can glean anything from previous jobs before you become PM or Prez, and accomplishments once you become country leader, we can absolutely say, the teacher experiment, glowing success story, give us more teachers. Celebrity TV people, ouch, epic failure of the magnitude words can't describe, never, ever have a reality personality as Prez again,....

Are you justifying bad behaviour by accusing others of bad behaviour?

Last edited:

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix

We could have an corrupt autocrat, like in your country, that jails opposition parties, poisons leaders of the opposition when thy take trips to Siberia, sends hit squads to other countries like England to assassinates people. A "leader" who changes parliamentary rules to make himself leader for life. A leader who uses public funds as his own personal bank account, amirite comrade?

JT is not perfect but it could be worse, much much worse. I'm sure if you ask any American or Russian they would concur.

How anyone can defend Trudeau is beyond me. At least the leaders of these other counties you speak of are not hiding the fact they are corrupt. Trudeau is a silver spoon, con man, thief. He tries to hide it, but has been caught several times, and he is financially ruining this country.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
*Part time* drama teacher who quietly left mid-semester from the school he was teaching at, with a graphic artist as his health minister and a failed journalist that ran her magazine into the ground and whom majored in Russian/Slavic studies as his finance minister. So what's your point :)

Part-time? Even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->