Post-Game Talk: Could've been worse. Leafs go down 3-1 in the game and the series.

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Marner isn't the problem.

Pasta looks like a poor mans Marner right now yet his team is up 3-1.

We have no goalie, no mobility, shot or passing from the backend and...I mean, Jarnkrok? Our bottom 6 is still full of power puff style play.

I'm not blaming Tre for the backend. Our trajectory lead us to this issue and it's hard to fix. Mobile D (that are actually good at their job) are premium.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Ever wonder why you never see Elliotte and Pierre in the same place at the same time?

mystery.png

Reactions: AllHeartNoSkill

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
f***ing moron Keefe of course waits until the series is basically over to throw in Woll. I’m not even confident in Woll but Samsonov was f***ing trash in Game 3 and yet his dumbass goes back to him.

Not entirely Samsonov’s fault but I can’t take ANYMORE of this crap.

Reactions: yubbers

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
1. Nothing is changing with Shanahan still here.
2. Everything Treliving touched went from bad to worse with the Flames.
3. Keefe gets outcoached every year and twice at home.
4. Tavares is an anchor with both his contract and soft captain.
5. Marner makes 11m and good for 1 goal per playoff series.
6. Last year was the outlier not the norm for Samsonov.

The blueprint can't be more clear of what need to be done.

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
Pasta looks like a poor mans Marner right now yet his team is up 3-1.

There is a case study to be had here.

The systematic abuse to the plan of this roster throughout the years is peaking.

Tre has a lot of work ahead of him. Hopefully our superstars don't age out before we dig ourselves out of this mess

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Correct. They have full control of where they get traded to. And they technically could choose not to be traded at all. But in reality no player ever makes that choice. Ever. We need to stop acting like players and their contracts are unmovable. We traded David f***ing Clarkson.
One thing Burkie said that always stuck with me: if I wanted to, I could trade every one of them today.

Reactions: seventieslord

shaner82

Apr 18, 2017
This season was the least games I ever watched, and this is the reason why. You can call me negative, you can say whatever you want, but its clearer then ever we aren't going anywhere with this team barring a miracle.

I remember Kucherov insulting Montreal after beating Vegas in the ECF saying "that was their cup", well as pathetic as it is, 1 first round win was ours...
Yeah, this season was the least I've ever watched. This team just sucks the fun out of hockey. They're so unlikeable. If there's not a major shakeup, I don't see myself watching next year. There's no point. I'm done with this core 4 experiment. It failed many, many years ago.

Reactions: hockeyes

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
Dubas screwed us completely. Same with Shanahan by even hiring Dubas in the first place.

Fire - Keefe, Shanahan
Trade - Marner, Liljegren
No resign - Tavares (strip the C), Samsonov

Tell JT you are only coming back for league min. You are longer the captain though no matter what. See if he would accept a trade

leafers

Oct 2, 2006
What are the chances of Cooper getting fired if they get eliminated in the first round again?
Best coach in the league and I bet he would win the cup his first year here.

Last edited:
Reactions: seventieslord

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
When the going gets tough, the elite stars disappear, happens to this core every fricken year……..
Well at least Shanahan has his excuses all lined up, sore ankles, headaches, and upset tummies......no way they had a chance

Reactions: ToneDog

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Prior to the playoffs, a lot of us said the Leafs match up better against Boston.

We never learn. When it comes to playoffs, we don't match up well with anyone. Not even a junior team.
Some of knew…. lol, oh well playoffs a week or 2 of pain no big deal.. It was a great season a lot of good nights.

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
Keefe is right, it’s not the effort. Bruins have been the better coached team dictating their game. Leafs can’t figure it out. What that means is the way we play, the way we execute isn’t working. So we need a different system, style of play entirely.

Bye bye Keefe. Let’s bring in a real coach and ditch the dead weight. Guys, we have had so many players in and out of this team, turning people over and over isn’t working, regardless of how much they make.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
I can't forgive Mitch for this.

Willy and AM34 are both clearly sick/injured.

Mitch has no excuse. He has the talent to put this team on his shoulders and win this series and he's just completely crapped the bed. Shame on him.

I don't want to see him in a Leafs uniform after this.
I’m not happy either, but he *is* coming off a high ankle sprain. Can’t pretend it’s not real.

Reactions: Roo and francis246

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA

No other coach in this league would come out and say something that pathetic. Does he think we’re all blind?

His p***yness matches what we see on the ice no surprise there

You know that Woll is going to win the next two games just to raise hopes.

I would be extremely surprised but it would be oh so Leafy too to blow another Game 7

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
We brought in career underachievers who have (SAN JOSE did it first) had great regular seasons and always choked in the playoffs.

Great mentor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad