Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Looks like starting Monday rest of province over 60 can get AZ vaccine, just announced today, not much info yet.
Says Pharmacy or Doctors office.
Strange, I know people who have signed up and got it within days. I wonder if we are just fantastic at giving out the shots or maybe there aren't many takers.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Hello everybody. I haven't been following the news lately, and I was very surprised that the wave 3 in Europe has lead to more nation wide lockdowns.

Now they say the emergency measures for Ontario will be extended to April 20. Wasn't it this time last year we did the same thing?

The reason for the third wave is the mutations, giving us the more contagious and probably more virulent U.K. variant, or B.1.1.7 is causing this third wave. (The word virulent means it is better at killing.)

Apparently, there is a LA variant from the west coast, that is going bonkers.

People are numb, including the reporters, who most of them do not understand what they report, they just do what they are told. Does not matter, not many people listen to them anyways.

The vaccine is the only hope.

How many people will actually take it, is unknown.

(I cannot believe I actually wrote those two lines above. Read it again! LOL!)

:help:

Last edited:
Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
But they never eased restrictions in Peel. Travel has always been allowed for some unknown reason. Lockdowns would not prevent this, especially in a high density apartment where most people probably don’t wear a mask or don’t acknowledge social distancing

Say the owners of the residence had someone wipe down the entry door pulls, they wiped down the elevator buttons, they insisted on people wearing masks in common areas. Say the people in the building had pocket sized Purell hand sanitizers in their pockets/purses that they used each time they touched a door knob. Say social distancing was made mandatory in those buildings, would these measures work/help?

At the end of the day, prevention starts with you, because you are the only person you can influence to be 100% sure you are not the problem. The problem as I said before is people, those that feel they are too important to be inconvenienced by following simple sensible protocols. People who put the profit motive before the safety of their neighbor. People who are too dumb to realize this is not just the common cold. People who are too conspiracy minded to see that they are the problem. People that think because they read an article by a newspaper reporter are more knowledgeable on the subject than people who have spent their lives studying viruses. People need to stop being selfish assholes and consider that their actions could affect many other people. We are either in this together or we will fail separately. You can't have a united community if everyone is off doing what ever they think is the most convenient thing for them.

Last edited:

kb

Aug 28, 2009
The Covid 'cases' (note: case does not mean illness or active infection, but may include some) are 'rising' because Canada actually went against the WHO's memo about the PCR tests returning too many false positives with using a PCR cycle threshold over 30, and their recommendation that anything detected at 30 and above should have a secondary verification before they call it a Covid case. Canada and the media has steadfastly ignored this.

In Canada, the minimum PCR cycle threshold used was 38, but most are in the 40's.

So here we are again, using 'cases' from illogically high PCR cycle threshold to further more lockdowns and narratives for Canadians. Has anyone, anywhere asked why? Especially from a MSM outlet?

Don't believe me.....here is an MSM article for those who only believe what they read from major media outlets.

Your Coronavirus Test Is Positive. Maybe It Shouldn’t Be.

Again, this is rather iron-clad proof that it's not about any virus, and not about science. Why is it so dangerous to speak about using appropriate scientific thresholds and true case verification like every other illness/disease in history to give the world an accurate indication of how serious (or not) Covid really is?

Anyone who says that we need to "stop the spread of a virus" should not be taken seriously. The way to end a pandemic is via exposure, and that's the only way this will end - the sooner the better - is to get to herd immunity.

Hospitals and ICU are not being overrun with Covid right now, there are a normal seasonal spikes - just like those that existed pre-Covid...imagine that. Low ICU availability is NOT a valid reason to lockdown a nation or province, and is not indicative of anything in and of itself. In several areas there are hospitals with a higher numbers of respiratory infections from mask wearing and side effects from the jab than the Covid patients. Think about that for a moment. Those respiratory infections come as a result of mask wearing for any sustained period of time.

Again, it needs to be pointed out that the side of a surgical mask box at the outset of the Corona outbreak clearly stated that "THIS PRODUCT IS NOT A RESPIRATOR AND WILL NOT PROVIDE ANY PROTECTION AGAINST COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) OR OTHER VIRUSES OR CONTAMINANTS." This is still 100% true today, even if that warning may or may not be on the box. Yet people ignore the label on the side of the box because the TV tells them to ignore it and just wear it for the good of the earth - and then try to shame others even with the proof right on the side of the box.

"First, do no harm" part of the hippocratic oath has been thrown right out the window this pandemic - to the detriment of all who are reading this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cypruss

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Guess you don’t know what fascism is.
He absolutely does....but perhaps you don't?

fas·cism | \ ˈfa-ˌshi-zəm also ˈfa-ˌsi- \

- a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition.

What about any of this isn't true??

Last edited:
Reactions: ThrowDemTongs

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto
He absolutely does....but perhaps you don't?

fas·cism | \ ˈfa-ˌshi-zəm also ˈfa-ˌsi- \

- a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition.

What about any of this isn't true??
Literally, without exaggeration, all of it?

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Are seatbelts fascism?

Everyone had to get vaccines in elementary school, and were not allowed to come to school if they didn’t take it. This is literally nothing different.

Reactions: Pink Mist

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
Anyone want to watch another Dr. Duc Vuong video?

I thought the one he did in early February was outstanding, but this one is even better.

NSFW

My issue with this guy is, why act condescending toward people that may be skeptical and/or have questions about something they have limited knowledge of? Mocking people is not an effective strategy if your goal is to persuade them. This is basic human psychology. But I guess it depends on his goals. Could just be to entertain his subscribers and build a larger following. I’m not sure since this is the first I’m hearing of him.

Too many people have this ego driven self-righteous attitude that takes priority over effectively communicating their ideas to others.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Are seatbelts fascism?

Everyone had to get vaccines in elementary school, and were not allowed to come to school if they didn’t take it. This is literally nothing different.

Technically not true, as they can sign a waiver if they choose not to get vaccinated. There are lots of unvaccinated kids in my kids school

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Are seatbelts fascism?
Speed limits?
Traffic lights?
Signaling turns?
Cleaning snow off your windshield?

No different I see many who are exempt while driving.

I suppose there are so few accidents due to these exempt people that we should just not try and enforce any of these fascist activities.

Accident rate per violation is extremely low, and let's face it if you aren't smart enough or fast to get out of the way, or out of the intersection before getting hit it's just Darwin.
Booked for my shot in 11 days.

Reactions: MR4

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Technically not true, as they can sign a waiver if they choose not to get vaccinated. There are lots of unvaccinated kids in my kids school
Comparing seatbelts to mandatory vaccines is a textbook false equivalency fallacy. That type of nonsense isn't even worth responding to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad