Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Part XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
My earlier point was that apparently, lots of people are doing this and just walking out and so far, nothing's being done about it. The Peel cops say they don't have the manpower to deal with so many air travelers and the health officials are mum so far. All they'd have to do is make an example out of a few people and most would fall in line.

Hard to take it seriously when you can just walk out of the airport and be on your way. What a joke

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
How anyone can defend Trudeau is beyond me. At least the leaders of these other counties you speak of are not hiding the fact they are corrupt. Trudeau is a silver spoon, con man, thief. He tries to hide it, but has been caught several times, and he is financially ruining this country.

Hey I can see past the sad little right wing conspiracies stories and see JT's leadership for what it really is, among the best in the world. the standard is for right wingers JT has to be perfect or he is garbage but for their leaders, oh just look the other way while we give this MP $100k to build a gazebo.

Right wingers say JT is the most corrupt politician in the world, in reality Canada in 2020 was ranked as the 11th LEAST corrupt country in the world, for reference USA is ranked 22nd.

Right wingers say JT's Covid-19 strategy is an un mitigate disaster, the truth , Canada has the lowest death rate for any country in North America and one of the lowest in the western hemisphere.

So while right wingers love to spew lies and deception, JT just continues to competently lead this country.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Hey I can see past the sad little right wing conspiracies stories and see JT's leadership for what it really is, among the best in the world. the standard is for right wingers JT has to be perfect or he is garbage but for their leaders, oh just look the other way while we give this MP $100k to build a gazebo.

Right wingers say JT is the most corrupt politician in the world, in reality Canada in 2020 was ranked as the 11th LEAST corrupt country in the world, for reference USA is ranked 22nd.

Right wingers say JT's Covid-19 strategy is an un mitigate disaster, the truth , Canada has the lowest death rate for any country in North America and one of the lowest in the western hemisphere.

So while right wingers love to spew lies and deception, JT just continues to competently lead this country.

Of course we have the lowest death rate in North America, is that something to be proud of? You realize Canada is massive and our population density is much lower than our competition.

Well, I’m not right wing for starters, but nice try. I like how they have rankings on most corrupt countries, lol, who’s keeping those stats? Trudeau has been caught with his hand in the cookie jar so many times, obviously not smart enough to not get caught.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cypruss

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto
*Part time* drama teacher who quietly left mid-semester from the school he was teaching at, with a graphic artist as his health minister and a failed journalist that ran her magazine into the ground and whom majored in Russian/Slavic studies as his finance minister. So what's your point :)

I'm the furthest thing from a Liberal party supporter but that's a very uncharitable reading of their careers. Health Minister Patty Hajdu was not just a graphic artist before becoming an MP, she worked for Thunder Bay's Public Health Unit in the field of harm reduction and was executive director for a homeless shelter in the city. And Finance Minister Chrystia Freeland was a highly respected journalist on Russian affairs for Financial Times, Reuters, and Globe and Mail.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Of course we have the lowest death rate in North America, is that something to be proud of? You realize Canada is massive and our population density is much lower than our competition.

Well, I’m not right wing for starters, but nice try. I like how they have rankings on most corrupt countries, lol, who’s keeping those stats? Trudeau has been caught with his hand in the cookie jar so many times, obviously not smart enough to not get caught.

The apologists all want to compare us to the US, a country that fared particularly poorly, to try to defend this government. But Canada has not done well compared to the world average.

Way more countries below us than above us in deaths per 100k:

COVID-19 pandemic death rates by country - Wikipedia

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto
The apologists all want to compare us to the US, a country that fared particularly poorly, to try to defend this government. But Canada has not done well compared to the world average.

Way more countries below us than above us in deaths per 100k:

COVID-19 pandemic death rates by country - Wikipedia

Well yes, both of those things are right. I can say that Canada has handled this better than the US while completely blundering the response compared to many other countries.

Now what? Have you changed your mind of restrictions? Because let me tell you why many of those countries have fared better... Do you realize why Vietnam, Thailand, Taiwan, New Zealand etc are at the bottom of the list and have had less than 100 covid deaths during the entirety of the pandemic?

Last edited:

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I don't think so. I'm pretty sure the government can restrict Charter rights during a national emergency. I think the hotel quarantine is hamfisted the way they implemented it but something had to be done. There are *still* flights arriving with infected passengers and anyone that's selfish enough to get on a flight with covid symptoms can't be trusted to self isolate.

And then there's the mask. He's almost certainly lying about having a medical condition. Wearing a mask is so stupid easy and even if it only helps a little, I don't see the big deal. It's the least of my worries.

If he's getting a ticket, and he's acknowledging that it isn't legal.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Years of life lost to COVID-19 in 81 countries

Figure 1 | Scientific Reports

Years of life lost to COVID-19 in 81 countries

Abstract

Understanding the mortality impact of COVID-19 requires not only counting the dead, but analyzing how premature the deaths are. We calculate years of life lost (YLL) across 81 countries due to COVID-19 attributable deaths, and also conduct an analysis based on estimated excess deaths. We find that over 20.5 million years of life have been lost to COVID-19 globally. As of January 6, 2021, YLL in heavily affected countries are 2–9 times the average seasonal influenza; three quarters of the YLL result from deaths in ages below 75 and almost a third from deaths below 55; and men have lost 45% more life years than women. The results confirm the large mortality impact of COVID-19 among the elderly. They also call for heightened awareness in devising policies that protect vulnerable demographics losing the largest number of life-years.
Introduction

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Sigh.

Cases starting to rise just as it looked like Peel and Toronto could get out of lockdown.

Can't wait for the explaination of why we have to stay in for another "2 weeks"
2 weeks is easier to digest, apparently we can't handle the truth.

Reactions: Jojalu

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

I realize our country is massive, I also realize that the vast majority of our population (approx 85% to 90%) lives about 150km from the US border on a small fraction of the land. Yukon, NWT and Nunavut are about 1/3rd the land mass of Canada but 0.3% of the population. Contrary to popular belief we have many cities that are as dense or denser than many major US cities. Ontario has 5 cities larger than Miami but all of these cities have a lower death rate per 100k than Miami... how come if population density is the only factor for deaths? Toronto is the 4th largest city (Can/US) but yet their death rate per 100k is lower than the next 10 US cities ranked by population... how come? I suppose you could give credit to the mitigation protocols in Canada but if you did that you'd have to give credit to Ford and Trudeau but we couldn't do that, blaming politicians for not having a perfect record seems to be a full time job for some.

You may not be right wing but you seem to be gobbling up their deception.

Corruption Perceptions Index 2020 for New Zealand - Transparency.org

Last edited:

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I'm the furthest thing from a Liberal party supporter but that's a very uncharitable reading of their careers. Health Minister Patty Hajdu was not just a graphic artist before becoming an MP, she worked for Thunder Bay's Public Health Unit in the field of harm reduction and was executive director for a homeless shelter in the city. And Finance Minister Chrystia Freeland was a highly respected journalist on Russian affairs for Financial Times, Reuters, and Globe and Mail.

It's par for the course, its either because of their lack of education on a topic or they are being intentionally misleading. The old KGB strategy to spread disinformation and stoke the flames of chaos, seems to be a reoccurring theme with three specific posters.

It's transparent and obvious what they are doing.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

I think JT is more left wing, or center. WN can easily do the right wing, left wing and center. Looked pretty good with center minded AM the other night on the left wing even though he took the face-off as center.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I think JT is more left wing, or center. WN can easily do the right wing, left wing and center. Looked pretty good with center minded AM the other night on the left wing even though he took the face-off as center.

LMAO...well played ULF.... now that was a witty response... LOL

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Sigh.

Cases starting to rise just as it looked like Peel and Toronto could get out of lockdown.

I’m not sure what they’ll say publicly but these measures are several months too late and it reeks of covering up a terrible mistake of not procuring vaccines by the Trudeau administration.

When you’re not vaccinating those vulnerable to hospitalization and you don’t have hospital resources to handle an increased census, what’s the option?

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I’m not sure what they’ll say publicly but these measures are several months too late and it reeks of covering up a terrible mistake of not procuring vaccines by the Trudeau administration.

When you’re not vaccinating those vulnerable to hospitalization and you don’t have hospital resources to handle an increased census, what’s the option?

You are really good at spreading chaos, bravo!

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Sigh.

People don't want to admit it but it was totally expected. Simple math. You got UK and SA variants across GTA now and it spreads they say at 5X rate of normal virus. You got all schools open again all big old buildings with terrible ventilation. What do you expect? Of course GTA was gonna get a 3rd wave OMG. Look we all have mental health issues and I feel bad for da kids but I feel a lot worse for da thousands who are dying prematurely.

Reactions: Jojalu

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
People don't want to admit it but it was totally expected. Simple math. You got UK and SA variants across GTA now and it spreads they say at 5X rate of normal virus. You got all schools open again all big old buildings with terrible ventilation. What do you expect? Of course GTA was gonna get a 3rd wave OMG. Look we all have mental health issues and I feel bad for da kids but I feel a lot worse for da thousands who are dying prematurely.
Bottom line is we botched da vaccine side of things from day 1 ... again no one likes da truth ... we shoulda started building OUR own LAB da second we found out in January 2020 this was gonna be a huge problem ... put da 1B down we got from da French when we sold Connaught and start to build up our own again ... so when a vaccine came out we would be prepared to license and start production yesterday ... but we waited until January 2021 to start building up our new LAB in Montreal ... 1 year too late ... and now we have a vaccine license with a manufacturer but no LAB ready ... it will be Nov/Dec 2021 before our LAB is ready and certified ... and Jan 2022 before we can start producing our own vaccines ... and guess what .. we will likely provide to da African nations for free because most of 1st world will have bought Pfizer/Moderna by then ...

Also we (Trudeau) picked da wrong provider ... we should have partnered with US on their Warp Speed plan and went in 10% out everything they did and got 10% of all production ... then we would be all vaccinated by end of spring/early summer 2021 ...

We need business people in charge of these things not politicians and generals ... complete miss on EVERY front

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto
It's par for the course, its either because of their lack of education on a topic or they are being intentionally misleading. The old KGB strategy to spread disinformation and stoke the flames of chaos, seems to be a reoccurring theme with three specific posters.

It's transparent and obvious what they are doing.

Yeah like its such an easy game to play. "Stephen Harper worked in a mail room before he became prime minister; Andrew Scheers was a waiter and couldn't even finish getting accredited for becoming an insurance broker" and so on and so on. Can easily play this game with the NDP too

Reactions: Bluelines

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Funny they keep saying we now have 4 approved, but it is really 3, although there are 2 sources for AZ.

62% which is similar to flu shots, but they have said it is more effective the longer the time is between injections.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Bottom line is we botched da vaccine side of things from day 1 ... again no one likes da truth ... we shoulda started building OUR own LAB da second we found out in January 2020 this was gonna be a huge problem ... put da 1B down we got from da French when we sold Connaught and start to build up our own again ... so when a vaccine came out we would be prepared to license and start production yesterday ... but we waited until January 2021 to start building up our new LAB in Montreal ... 1 year too late ... and now we have a vaccine license with a manufacturer but no LAB ready ... it will be Nov/Dec 2021 before our LAB is ready and certified ... and Jan 2022 before we can start producing our own vaccines ... and guess what .. we will likely provide to da African nations for free because most of 1st world will have bought Pfizer/Moderna by then ...

Also we (Trudeau) picked da wrong provider ... we should have partnered with US on their Warp Speed plan and went in 10% out everything they did and got 10% of all production ... then we would be all vaccinated by end of spring/early summer 2021 ...

We need business people in charge of these things not politicians and generals ... complete miss on EVERY front

There are no Canadian vaccines ready yet, although Canada helped develop the IIRC Moderna's vaccine.

Maybe tax payers will be willing to fund more vaccine development now and not complain about? :biglaugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille