Confirmed with Link: Corey Perry Signs 1 yr 4 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Hawks don't need to be 'transparent' with this right now. IF it is something regarding assault, the right thing to do would be to separate him from the organization until an investigation is completed. We only know that he's away from the team, so that's a good start if that is what this is all about.

Hawks didn't f*** up by having Aldrich do what he did in 2010. How were they to know he'd sexually assault players? They f***ed up when management was told about it, and completely ignored the complaint until after the season finished.

But really, who the hell knows what it is. Could be as simple as Perry having words with someone and management is taking a stand. Could be substance abuse. Could be a number of things, but keeping their distance from him right now is likely the correct call.
Here's an idea: How about waiting for the truth to come out?....... for once!

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Corey Perry currently

IMG_0025.gif

Reactions: Geoist

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
LOL ... you have a funny way of going about it....

You had it right when you said: "But really, who the hell knows what it is".
Thank you for explaining why I have a 'funny way of going about it'.

My post wasn't theorizing jack shit. I brought up the possibility of it being assault only because of what has happened in the past. I even bolded and capitalized the word IF to further suggest as much.

Fact is nobody here knows shit right now. But having him separated from the team is at least something that should have happened with Aldrich, so the organization has at least learned how to better deal with incidences regarding their players and staff.

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
So sick of everyone assuming the worst. It’s personal matters and I wish the best to him whatever happened doesn’t affect any of our lives so leave it be. I feel bad for you Blackhawks fans the way 2023 is the Karen’s of the world aren’t going to be happy unless the league takes the team out of Chicago all over something that happened over 10 years ago and nobody involved within the organization back then is even there anymore.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
He has a little son. I really hope he isn’t f***ing his life up with whatever it is. Regardless of the hockey impact. If it’s what I think it is, I don’t know how grown men can be that irresponsible when they have a wife and child depending on them.

Wait until specifics, it’s really none of our business, and if we never get any details that’s fine with me. I wish more people would just accept the public statements basically saying “leave us alone with this, it’s private”

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
I don't think this would be as big of a deal if Perry was playing for any other team. People would take the agent's statement at face value and we'd move on until anything was released.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

My post wasn't theorizing jack shit. I brought up the possibility of it being assault only because of what has happened in the past. I even bolded and capitalized the word IF to further suggest as much.

Fact is nobody here knows shit right now. But having him separated from the team is at least something that should have happened with Aldrich, so the organization has at least learned how to better deal with incidences regarding their players and staff.
Yet, you bring it up again. STFU.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I don't think this would be as big of a deal if Perry was playing for any other team. People would take the agent's statement at face value and we'd move on until anything was released.
I’m not checking the main boards for this sort of thing anymore. Are they seriously suggesting the Hawks are covering up another sexual assault scandal or something like that???

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
The big problem with "keeping this in house" is that it leads to wild speculation.
Im on the fence about this. As a business they hold liabilities as fiduciaries to protect their organization and employees, but is it better to keep it at the source or to let it spiral to derivative speculation and the court of public opinion in following?

Just like with beach initially, the rumor that spread within the organization was that he engaged in a sexual favors or something around fostered a beneficial homosexual relationship that led to jealousy or resentment from other players in training camp.

And like when public went off the rails with Crawford and his crack house following the team announcing his rehabilitation program, it could be said amongst the considerations like violating HIPPAA and beyond nuanced marketing/PR, they might need to protect both the organization and employees from liability in being known or holding an identity as a sexual assault victim or addict.

Sounds apologist, and my history providing perspective arguing against public/mob opinion doesn’t help, so I should add what happened was a tragedy and everyone involved should be held responsible... by being completely clear with what happened to the public. Haha

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Yet, you bring it up again. STFU.
No.

I'm not saying he did anything like that. I don't f***ing know. I'm saying that, no matter what the situation is, the team is doing the right thing by keeping him away from the team at this point while they figure things out. It's the first step of what should've happened in 2010 and we should be glad the team is handling things, whatever the f*** they are, better now.

Reactions: Blackhawksfirecoach

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Im on the fence about this. As a business they hold liabilities as fiduciaries to protect their organization and employees, but is it better to keep it at the source or to let it spiral to derivative speculation and the court of public opinion in following?

Just like with beach initially, the rumor that spread within the organization was that he engaged in a sexual favors or something around fostered a beneficial homosexual relationship that led to jealousy or resentment from other players in training camp.

And like when public went off the rails with Crawford and his crack house following the team announcing his rehabilitation program, it could be said amongst the considerations like violating HIPPAA and beyond nuanced marketing/PR, they might need to protect both the organization and employees from liability in being known or holding an identity as a sexual assault victim or addict.

Sounds apologist, and my history providing perspective arguing against public/mob opinion doesn’t help, so I should add what happened was a tragedy and everyone involved should be held responsible... by being completely clear with what happened to the public. Haha
I'm sure if they thought they wouldn't be opening themselves to major liability they would have leaked this to every hockey reporter in the country by now. Probably a good reason for the secrecy even (or especially) with how bad it looks for the org

Reactions: Malaka

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I'm sure if they thought they wouldn't be opening themselves to major liability they would have leaked this to every hockey reporter in the country by now. Probably a good reason for the secrecy even (or especially) with how bad it looks for the org
Or they could be helping a guy in a tough spot out of a situation and not looking to submarine the reputation of an organization looking to repair said reputation.

Perry did nothing wrong until it's known Perry did something wrong. Nobody here should give a damn about any vultures taking pot shots.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Or they could be helping a guy in a tough spot out of a situation and not looking to submarine the reputation of an organization looking to repair said reputation.

Perry did nothing wrong until it's known Perry did something wrong. Nobody here should give a damn about any vultures taking pot shots.
Respectfully, there are far less conspicuous ways to help a guy in a tough spot. Emphasizing that it's an organizational decision and refusing to elaborate does not suggest an amicable arrangement to me.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Respectfully, there are far less conspicuous ways to help a guy in a tough spot. Emphasizing that it's an organizational decision and refusing to elaborate does not suggest an amicable arrangement to me.
Shades of grey is my argument. I'm an addict with eighteen months of sobriety. I'm also a union steward. Not a legal professional. Also not an addiction counselor.

I assure you I know more about most of those things than many. I'll go into detail tomorrow tomorrow if you feel the need for the multitude of possibilities outside of this that exist.

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019

Have they learned or is it just that games aren't as important now, for both month and standings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia