Confirmed with Link: Corey Perry Signs 1 yr 4 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Beyond leadership from the room changing, I really don't think K&T would of been moved on from had the Aldrich events never happened. I think the clean break was a bigger key for the team

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Beyond leadership from the room changing, I really don't think K&T would of been moved on from had the Aldrich events never happened. I think the clean break was a bigger key for the team
Exactly. It wasn't a hockey decision IMO. They'd be condoning T&K alleged wrongdoing and since they have to rebrand from this whole scandal it's not something they can do.

Toews and Kane's presence on the team wouldn't have hampered any changing of the guard. The Cup era has been over since at least 2018. Aside from maybe Bedard deferring to Kane too much I can't think of any hockey reason not to have him here. Toews is gassed but could've been a fine 4C and Captain if he was healthy enough to play.

I get why they'll never be Blackhawks again but I find the reasoning dumb. People want to act like those two knew exactly what happened and were calling Beach slurs the whole time.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Beyond leadership from the room changing, I really don't think K&T would have been moved on from had the Aldrich events never happened. I think the clean break was a bigger key for the team
That’s a pretty cool theory backed by imagination only, how do you people come up with this crap? Kane was 21yo in 2010 ffs when they won the cup, and Toews was 22, you are really putting blame on 2 kids regardless if one was a captain? This move had absolutely nothing with what you claim, this is another ridiculous wild theory that would get pushed here and people will start to believe it, just stop mate.

Reactions: Muffinalt

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Strome showed up to every single optional skate and is a certified rink rat

He didn't lack work ethic
If I'm not mistaken, Strome's biggest detriment was his skating. At his age, it wasn't going to improve much further. if you gave Strome AA's skating, you'd have a perennial all star.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I don't know. I think mgmt. and the coaches wanted a clean break from a locker room standpoint. As long as Toews and Kane were around, it was always going to be their locker room. This move was probably just as much for Davidson and Richardson as it was for Bedard and the younger players.

Trust me ... I wanted Kane back. We know how much he's matured over the years and his passion/love for hockey (playing 24/7) is a positive influence for younger players. However, as long as Kane was around, it was always going to be his team and locker room. That's tough on any organization that wants to start over.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_7140.png

Reactions: d rake

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
Can we speculate wildly on these boards? Because I want to.
I don’t think so. However, what are things that would cause this situation? Especially since there is nothing in other media as well. No police reports or any rumors at all. I have no idea of what would even result in something like this.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
To me there is an obvious answer. It’s a weird situation. What kind of situations would the Blackhawks be extra sensitive to right now?

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Yall thinking it's some sort of assault or misconduct, but really it's just the latest step in a long series of steps thought out by Davidson as revenge for all of Perry's past shenanigans against the Hawks.

• Haha
Reactions: Malaka

Blackhawksfirecoach

Oct 20, 2021
the lack of law enforcement involvement and "attending to personal matters" make me think substance abuse.

if it were an assault situation, one would hope that our front office has learned a thing or two about transparency..

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
the lack of law enforcement involvement and "attending to personal matters" make me think substance abuse.

if it were an assault situation, one would hope that our front office has learned a thing or two about transparency..
The club made the decision... so certainly not a self-referral if substance abuse.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I don’t even think it’s anything crazy serious. I think the hawks have to have a hair trigger on ANYTHING in that realm.

It could also just be him being difficult. Did he get taken off the PP or was that after?

His agent says he stepped away for personal reasons, but the hawks say it is an organizational decision 👀

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Hawks don't need to be 'transparent' with this right now. IF it is something regarding assault, the right thing to do would be to separate him from the organization until an investigation is completed. We only know that he's away from the team, so that's a good start if that is what this is all about.

Hawks didn't f*** up by having Aldrich do what he did in 2010. How were they to know he'd sexually assault players? They f***ed up when management was told about it, and completely ignored the complaint until after the season finished.

But really, who the hell knows what it is. Could be as simple as Perry having words with someone and management is taking a stand. Could be substance abuse. Could be a number of things, but keeping their distance from him right now is likely the correct call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad