Confirmed with Link: Corey Perry Signs 1 yr 4 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
The Hawks are gonna be so loaded with young talent in about 2 years time it’s gonna be AMAZING relishing in all the salty tears. U think it’s bad now just wait till we really start to stockpile those top end prospects. People gonna be BEGGING for any little thing to go wrong just so they have a reason to express their butthurt feelings. Can’t wait.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'm not one of these people that hates the Hawks over the Beach scandal.

I think though they've handled this Perry situation terribly. There's all this controversy over everything they do. What they should be doing is being honest about what happened with Perry. If it's embarrassing to Perry or the organization, it's better to be honest and build back some trust than a slow drip of rumors and crazy off the wall stuff. It feeds into the lack of trust many have towards the Hawks, and I say that as someone who is pretty agnostic to the team. If you're Bedard, you should be furious that they're protecting Perry so much that his family is getting dragged into this unnecessarily. Obviously they can't control these rumors being spread, but you have to expect it's not going to go exactly as you expect when you are a major sports franchise and try to control the dissemination of news.

That is, unless it is true. Unlikely, but they feed into all the conspiracy theories by not coming out and saying what happened. If it's something deeply sensitive, you can be more specific without giving away all the details. The generic "personal matter" press release isn't going to silence everyone who is making a lot over this situation.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

I think though they've handled this Perry situation terribly. There's all this controversy over everything they do. What they should be doing is being honest about what happened with Perry. If it's embarrassing to Perry or the organization, it's better to be honest and build back some trust than a slow drip of rumors and crazy off the wall stuff. It feeds into the lack of trust many have towards the Hawks, and I say that as someone who is pretty agnostic to the team. If you're Bedard, you should be furious that they're protecting Perry so much that his family is getting dragged into this unnecessarily. Obviously they can't control these rumors being spread, but you have to expect it's not going to go exactly as you expect when you are a major sports franchise and try to control the dissemination of news.

That is, unless it is true. Unlikely, but they feed into all the conspiracy theories by not coming out and saying what happened.
Unless they're protecting Perry? If it's none of the public's business, then it's none of the public's business. End of story. At least for most.

The Beach situation and this should not be correlated in any way.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013

That is, unless it is true. Unlikely, but they feed into all the conspiracy theories by not coming out and saying what happened. If it's something deeply sensitive, you can be more specific without giving away all the details. The generic "personal matter" press release isn't going to silence everyone who is making a lot over this situation.

“you can be more specific without giving away details”

….can you though?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Unless they're protecting Perry? If it's none of the public's business, then it's none of the public's business. End of story. At least for most.

The Beach situation and this should not be correlated in any way.
I think they probably are protecting him, but the question is whether it's worth protecting him in the face of all the speculation out there.

It depends what it is. There are things it could be where I think you want to protect him at all costs, but unless it's one of the most personal things that the fans have no business knowing about, I don't think you sacrifice Bedard's family being dragged into it for what it ends up being. I'm sure it'll come out eventually, and we can all decide whether it was worth it or not.

I would also say that I don't think the Beach situation and this are correlated, but you have to know what you are dealing with. Many are going to correlate the two. If this was the Stars, no one is talking about this as much, and all of us know that's true.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_7177.gif

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
“you can be more specific without giving away details”

….can you though?
I think you can, although hypothetically it depends what the situation is.

Are you probably going to share more details than he wants shared? Yeah, but isn't the whole situation already embarrassing? I'm sure it's embarrassing to Perry, Perry's family, Bedard, and Bedard's family that this rumor is out there.

I don't know what happened, so speculating, but I think almost anything you can be more specific without sharing the exact details.

Reactions: Stories

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I think they probably are protecting him, but the question is whether it's worth protecting him in the face of all the speculation out there.

It depends what it is. There are things it could be where I think you want to protect him at all costs, but unless it's one of the most personal things that the fans have no business knowing about, I don't think you sacrifice Bedard's family being dragged into it for what it ends up being. I'm sure it'll come out eventually, and we can all decide whether it was worth it or not.

I would also say that I don't think the Beach situation and this are correlated, but you have to know what you are dealing with. Many are going to correlate the two. If this was the Stars, no one is talking about this as much, and all of us know that's true.

If they have the intelligence of a rock.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I think you can, although hypothetically it depends what the situation is.

Are you probably going to share more details than he wants shared? Yeah, but isn't the whole situation already embarrassing? I'm sure it's embarrassing to Perry, Perry's family, Bedard, and Bedard's family that this rumor is out there.

I don't know what happened, so speculating, but I think almost anything you can be more specific without sharing the exact details.
That's a lot of words to say nothing.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Hawks don't need to air out a player's dirty laundry because the internet is filled with morons who'll believe anything they read.

Whatever is happening, the team is obviously dealing with it. Dealing with it doesn't require alerting the public. It means keeping him away from the team, and if it's a legal matter, keeping in contact with lawyers and/or law enforcement.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
That is always the hockey goto rumor to make up stuff. It's dumb low hanging fruit for fools.

Remember when people said that about Kim Johnsson, but no, he just had a concussion that was severe and stopped playing.

Last edited:

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
It takes more than just an active imagination to connect what happened with Aldrich/Beach to whatever is going on with Corey Perry right now. Literally none of the individuals are the same. There's some boredom/active malice involved to try and connect two situations over 13 years apart like that.

The notion that the public has some greater right to have their curious bloodlust fulfilled regarding what's going on with Perry due to what occurred to Beach doesn't even make a lick of sense.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
It takes more than just an active imagination to connect what happened with Aldrich/Beach to whatever is going on with Corey Perry right now. Literally none of the individuals are the same. There's some boredom/active malice involved to try and connect two situations over 13 years apart like that.

The notion that the public has some greater right to have their curious bloodlust fulfilled regarding what's going on with Perry due to what occurred to Beach doesn't even make a lick of sense.

People are dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad