Confirmed with Link: Corey Perry Signs 1 yr 4 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

scorehawks

Feb 13, 2021
Everyone breathe. At least Davidson has a plan and continues to stick with it. He's got my vote.
As for Domi, if indeed he comes to here, 4 x $6mil?

Reactions: tioelcomoto

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I'm good with this. Perry will help protect Bedard on the ice. As we all know, he's willing to be a donkey to opponents.

Perry, Foligno, and Taylor are greats fits for a young impressionable team ... especially with 2 Harts and the former letters on their shoulders. Perhaps Perry can teach a young 3rd / 4th line forward a thing or two. We can use another Shaw. LOL.

The Bailey option was never happening. Supposedly, the Islanders got assurances that the Blackhawks would buyout Bailey if the trade went through. Too much respect for Bailey to stick him at a place he didn't want be. I'm sure Bailey's agent was happy. They are also the agency for Perry ... although $4mn is a nice payout. Regardless, the 1 year deal means nothing to our cap going forward.

ReLyT

Fantasy Canadian Hockey League Commissioner
Jul 28, 2005
London, Ontario
fantasysimhockey.com
My obvious London Knights fandom bias aside. I love this, and the two other vets added as well.

Perry - has won absolutely everything and everywhere.
Hall - experience as a #1 pick and the pressures that come with it
Foligno - all reports say he's a fantastic leader and always a locker room favourite.

Yes please! Put that around our phenom so he can soak all that in. We know he's that type too so were setting him up for great things.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
I think it's funny as hell that Perry is the first and so far the only player to be on three straight Stanley Cup Finals losing teams (DAL/MON/TB).

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
My obvious London Knights fandom bias aside. I love this, and the two other vets added as well.

Perry - has won absolutely everything and everywhere.
Hall - experience as a #1 pick and the pressures that come with it
Foligno - all reports say he's a fantastic leader and always a locker room favourite.

Yes please! Put that around our phenom so he can soak all that in. We know he's that type too so were setting him up for great things.
They all wore the "A" or "C" in their NHL career as well.

I'm actually pleasantly surprised how good Corey Perry's been for the last 2 years. I thought he was washed. He's actually okay ... not $4mn okay ... but definitely still an okay NHL player.

Taylor, Perry, Foligno cost $14mn in total. It's a premium, but Richardson is all about culture. It's quite obvious what type of players he wants his younger players to emulate. He certainly won't tolerate another ABC Line.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Won't tolerate ABC line slander. Also saw something I didn't know that Kyle Calder was a Regina Pat like Bedard. This team has come so far, to when I was done being a Hawks fan following closely when Calder was traded.

Hope nobody is bitter and upset when the great Blackhawks Corey Perry and Nick Folingo are traded away

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
In the "something has to give" category - with Perry signing there are now 12 forwards under contract on the Hawks NHL roster ... and that doesn't include Kurashev who got his QO from the Hawks. It also doesn't include Reichel - still listed on the Rockford roster and Bedard.

Total = 15 forwards. What move(s) will the Hawks make?

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Won't tolerate ABC line slander. Also saw something I didn't know that Kyle Calder was a Regina Pat like Bedard. This team has come so far, to when I was done being a Hawks fan following closely when Calder was traded.

Hope nobody is bitter and upset when the great Blackhawks Corey Perry and Nick Folingo are traded away
I fully expect Foligno and Perry to be sent off to contenders at the TDL ... if they perform. We can retain 2 more contracts (1 still on the books is McCabe). 50% retention is $2mn per cap hit. Bailey was a buyout so it doesn't count against our retention limit - 3 at one time.

Reactions: Muffinalt

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
In the "something has to give" category - with Perry signing there are now 12 forwards under contract on the Hawks NHL roster ... and that doesn't include Kurashev who got his QO from the Hawks. It also doesn't include Reichel - still listed on the Rockford roster and Bedard.

Total = 15 forwards. What move(s) will the Hawks make?
Several of those are not everyday player guys or players who will be in Rockford. One, is Guttman looked good but is he gonna be healthy to start the year? or in the NHL? He may bounce up and down.
Katchouk, Reese Johnson, Entwistle, Blackwell, and even Folingo aren't sure play every game types to begin with. I'm sure most of those first ones would pass the waivers to start the season if need be anyway.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
LOL, trying really hard to justify this signing but..

Perry at Chicago while getting paid 4 million

this-is-fine-this-is-fine-meme.gif

Chelios

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
I love what Davidson is doing here. The reason he let Kane and Toews go is that because of their standing in the organization, it would have been really hard for new leaders to step up and lead this franchise forward. By signing guys like Foligno and Perry, we are getting the same type of veteran leadership and experience, without the franchise icon weight or the expectation of them being here long term. Should be the best of both worlds where the young guys learn from these veterans, but aren’t stifled by them.

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
The danger is all these drastically over value vet signings is we won't have enough retention spots to TDL flip them. We only have 2 left and all of Foligno, Perry, and Tyler Johnson will need retention to get moved to a cup contender (as most will be capped out especially when you consider they will have likely made bigger TDL moves than any of these Hawks which will be the 2nd or 3rd TDL add). Given the ages, I guess we are playing the odds all 3 won't be healthy at the TDL or we keep one to "lead" the entire season.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
I love what Davidson is doing here. The reason he let Kane and Toews go is that because of their standing in the organization, it would have been really hard for new leaders to step up and lead this franchise forward. By signing guys like Foligno and Perry, we are getting the same type of veteran leadership and experience, without the franchise icon weight or the expectation of them being here long term. Should be the best of both worlds where the young guys learn from these veterans, but aren’t stifled by them.
I appreciate the sentiment but I can’t mention Corey Perry and Toews in the same sentence when it comes to leadership. Perry is a veteran yes, not sure I want him giving any advice to Bedard on how to conduct himself. Foligno, yes. Perry, he can go **** off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad