Connor McDavid should be 2020 Masterton winner. No doubt.

Nemesis Prime

Jun 29, 2010
London, ON
The fact of the matter is McDavid didn't miss any time, or had his career derailed and is making some triumphant return.

McDavid being McDavid, but coming off an injury. It would be pretty sad and what diminish the point of the award.

member 290103

That much is obvious
His career was 100% in jeopardy. A player like him would go from generational to somewhere around an above average first-line player IMO

if he missed no games and returned without missing a beat it was not career threatening. Stop.

Reactions: 63 others

11Messier

Jul 3, 2010
Edmonton
Oh i see, so the award should go to who’s out the longest and not for the effort they take to get back as soon as possible. You are okay to give it to McDavid if he followed the long rehab the doctors wanted to do rather than the hard risky path he took to not miss a game.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If giving an award based on time (Guess its easy then, just pick the longest time out) or who had the most serious injury but may have done nothing other than rest to get better is your thing, then great. To me you give an award to someone that goes above and beyond the norm to come back as soon as possible. To each their own guess.

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
Looks like it’s gonna be a hellevua year for McDavid:

Hart
Art Ross
Lindsay
1st AST
Masterton

member 290103

It was though.

If a bullet misses your head by a couple inches did you almost die?

He was incredibly lucky to have his PCL heal without surgery.

You are buying the nonsense attempt to advance this story of a harrowing journey back to the NHL...it’s complete horseshit. I don’t enjoy horseshit.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
You are buying the nonsense attempt to advance this story of a harrowing journey back to the NHL...it’s complete horse****. I don’t enjoy horse****.
He literally tore his PCL. That has ended careers before. If he had gotten surgery it would've fundamentally changed his stride and required 2 years (in his prime) for full recovery.

It's fine to vote for someone else but McDavid is certainly in the discussion.

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
Just watched it and all’s I can say is wow. What a summer, so much doubt hard to believe he’s here leading the league. Unreal dedication. Probably the most dedicated guy. Hockey really is his life. Very sid and Stamkos like. Will be interesting to see how many art rosses and 100 point seasons this kid can rack up.

member 290103

He literally tore his PCL. That has ended careers before. If he had gotten surgery it would've fundamentally changed his stride and required 2 years (in his prime) for full recovery.

It's fine to vote for someone else but McDavid is certainly in the discussion.

No. He isn’t. If he missed a whole year and there was serious concern he may never play again and he rehabbed or had multiple surgeries...then yes.

By advancing this absurd agenda you are insulting players with real career concerns that have endured dark times and overcome severe obstacles.

McPropaganda didn’t even miss one f***ing game. Stop.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
No. He isn’t. If he missed a whole year and there was serious concern he may never play again and he rehabbed or had multiple surgeries...then yes.

By advancing this absurd agenda you are insulting players with real career concerns that have endured dark times and overcome severe obstacles.

McPropaganda didn’t even miss one ****ing game. Stop.

He didn't miss a game because he rehabbed for 10 hours a day, 7 days a week for 5 months...

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Looks like it’s gonna be a hellevua year for McDavid:

Hart
Art Ross
Lindsay
1st AST
Masterton

Nah I still think Mackinnon has the edge for the Hart. Dude has almost twice as many points as the next guy on his team. More EVP than McDavid. Better Plus minus. His team has a better record as well. And he's only 4pts behind him.

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
Nah I still think Mackinnon has the edge for the Hart. Dude has almost twice as many points as the next guy on his team. More EVP than McDavid. Better Plus minus. His team has a better record as well. And he's only 4pts behind him.

Couldn’t agree more. But the Hart trophy traditionally goes to the Art Ross winner (when team makes the playoffs)

Reactions: Darren McCord

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Should be Tkachuk. Got jumped and his head smashed in by a lunatic but fought through the trauma and was ready to play the next day, not 6 months "between games". Would also be a good gesture showing the league is cognizant of head injuries as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad