Connor McDavid should be 2020 Masterton winner. No doubt.

Willy89

Dec 5, 2016
Ontario
Lol Mcdavid has 76 points coming back from this while Johns has a whopping 1 game played. If you don't recognize the giant ocean between the 2 players and why Mcdavid should win this award I don't know how to drive common sense into ya.
Ian Laperriere won the Masterton without playing a single game the year he won it so...

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Dude gets injured in the last game of the season, has the whole summer for recovery and doesn't affect him in anyway.

If that was any other player it would be a non story.
Yes, in hindsight, the brilliance of McDavid makes it seem like a 'non-story'. It shouldn't be though. At the time, the whole hockey world was holding their breath, waiting for great news on his future.

He could've easily given up during those rehab sessions. It's hard for me to go too in-depth without knowing if you've watched the documentary.

He could've easily opted for the surgery route, and skipped a season like most players would do, but he rehabbed it. Some professionals said that is unheard of, he is crazy. Well. McDavid is crazy determined and his love for hockey has never been more prevalent than after watching this documentary.

I can't see the NHL without a Connor McDavid to be honest. That would be so cruel. I'm so happy the way he's performed this year.

He's had ups and a few downs in the season, but what he's on pace for this season is amazing considering how last season ended for him and his team.

Reactions: Mc5RingsAndABeer

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Not even going to disagree. He should just be given it now honestly. How he’s even walking normally is crazy.

How the f*** do you screw up your knee that bad and are the best player the next season still? Absurd.

Reactions: ujju2

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Yep.

I’m just glad that there isn’t a player with a personal tragedy this year. Something like what Anderson went through.
I am sure a situation I’m unaware of will get posted in 3...2...
The Canucks had two players alone go through personal tragedies. I guess everyone should win it then.

Luminiferous

Oct 11, 2018
Anyone but Nylander, the leagues first embarresing nomination. McDavid would be a great winner.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
giphy.gif

Did the media make a movie about Taylor Feduns recovery from that horrific fracture to his femur ? No and why would they ? He was and still is a fringe NHL player . The only reason this movie even exists is one of the darlings of the hockey media is involved . Don't get me wrong McDavid is a great player but don't think for second this movie would be made for "lesser" Oiler players. Don't even think Draisaitl would get that treatment .

This isn't a knock on McDavid but on the hype machine .

Or is this just an imaginary video I am watching?

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
Outside the Vezina, Jack Adams and Norris, as NHL fans of McDavid we could potentially see him walk away with every other award this season.

This is why all fans in the league love and adore this player whether or not they cheer for another team as well. He’s so special and we are so fortunate to get to watch this wunderkind who is literally 2-3X as good as anyone else in the league.

Not to mention he is just such an amazing human being. Some guys get it all, a phenom in ice and probably the best human off the ice pro sports has seen. I think we all agree, seeing McDavid lift his first Cup will be so special.

SwaggySpungo

Oct 18, 2018
I’m sure it’s a great doc, but I don’t want to watch anything involving knee injuries. I’m too squeamish.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
McDavid should win not just because he bounced back, but that he bounced back better and is arguably the league MVP this season

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Or is this just an imaginary video I am watching?

And did the run on national media during a big event ? I don't remember that. The McDavid thing is main news on big hockey media sites and thats because he's McDavid. I mean good for him but because he's McDavid he gets more attention than other guys bouncing back from worse injuries .

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Lefreniere should get the masterton. Couldnt walk by himself, and 3 days later he was playing again, leading Canada to gold.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Not even a debate.

Anyone who just watched that will have zero argument.

If McDavid doesn’t win the Masterton, then the entire award is meaningless and invalidated.

No one knew really how bad the injury actually was, that recovery was crazy.

Most of the awards are invalid.

member 290103

Nah . Some random propaganda piece about McDavids recovery by the canadian hype media doesn't mean **** to me. It probably convinces the media but come on. The guy didn't even miss a game . Plenty of less known players go through hard if not harder recovery from even worse injuries . What they don't have is the media making PR movies for them.

This. The whole story is ridiculous.

Reactions: 63 others

11Messier

Jul 3, 2010
Edmonton
It seems like people are confusing the injury with what is involved to rehab it. A brain injury may be worse and he may or may not have had more pain. If rest is all he could do (even if it was more painful). It wasn’t a choice for him. We have no way of determining if he was dedicated to rest or he just gave up and rested. (If that makes sense and its not his fault)

in McDavids case he was able to take different routes. He could have just got the surgery, rested, then trained and see you in 2 years being a mediocre player making 100 million. He chose the hardest one and dedicated all his time to make it appear nothing even happened at the beginning of the next season. There is a tangible dedication that is present that is unknown in Johns case (again not his fault, just the nature of the injury)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad