Confirmed with Link: Columbus to host Detroit on 03/01/25 at Ohio Stadium in NHL Stadium Series Game

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I'm seeing the Devils rolling with their Sopranos sweatsuits and the Flyers showing up dressed like Rocky and I feel like the CBJ have 2 options to show up next year.

1. The obvious OSU football uniform that everyone expects and will make me want to cringe.
2. The team arrives dressed like Christoper Columbus.
1708214650366.png

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I personally think the OSU/Michigan idea is awesome, but I’m a hard core Buckeye. And I get that they want it to be their own thing rather than being OSU’s “little brother” sort of thing.

Idk. A scarlet and grey jersey would be pretty sick. It’s a gimmick, yes, but they’re only going to wear them once so might as well be gimmicky.

Reactions: Viqsi

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Lori Schmidt 1
Rest of Columbus sports media 0
That's true for just about any day of the week.

Seeing that Philly and Jersey players entered the stadium dressed in garb of characters from that city (Rocky and The Sopranos), I look forward to the guys rolling up in Columbus Zoo or Jack Hanna uniforms next season.
How about Victoria's Secret models?

Reactions: koteka

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I personally think the OSU/Michigan idea is awesome, but I’m a hard core Buckeye. And I get that they want it to be their own thing rather than being OSU’s “little brother” sort of thing.

Idk. A scarlet and grey jersey would be pretty sick. It’s a gimmick, yes, but they’re only going to wear them once so might as well be gimmicky.
Is it reasonable to ask the UM guys to wear what would amount to an OSU knock-off?

Reactions: Derby

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Is it reasonable to ask the UM guys to wear what would amount to an OSU knock-off?
It’s uncomfortable, sure. I know I would hate wearing maze and blue.

But in the end it’s a spectacle. They’re there to win a hockey game. If I was in their shoes but had to wear Michigan shit, I would just wear my OSU stuff underneath or something like that.

But it really doesn’t matter. It’s already reported neither team had any interest in the OSU/Michigan theme. Which I understand.

Reactions: Viqsi

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I just hope they can make enough merchandise. I really want one of those NJ Devils Stadium Series jerseys but they apparently didn't make enough because they are impossible to get while the other 3 teams have plenty available.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Those sweaters are fire….
Yeah, they restocked a few. my size isn't there so I must have missed out but they are quoting June delivery on the ones they are selling right now. it's ridiculous. I was hoping to order a customized Luke Hughes version when they went on sale didn't happen. I was in a work meeting when they went on sale and they were picked over on the NHL shop an hour later.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
It’s uncomfortable, sure. I know I would hate wearing maze and blue.

But in the end it’s a spectacle. They’re there to win a hockey game. If I was in their shoes but had to wear Michigan shit, I would just wear my OSU stuff underneath or something like that.

But it really doesn’t matter. It’s already reported neither team had any interest in the OSU/Michigan theme. Which I understand.
Vomit. No thanks. Why can't they go with Chill inspired retro gear?

They already did it with the first reverse retro jerseys.

View attachment 821550

How much does anyone want to bet intermission entertainment is one of O.A.R., Twenty One Pilots, or CAAMP?
21 Pilots would probably be the betting favorite..

This is a valid point.

Exactly. There. Problem solved...and by Hedger of all people.

I just hope they can make enough merchandise. I really want one of those NJ Devils Stadium Series jerseys but they apparently didn't make enough because they are impossible to get while the other 3 teams have plenty available.
Probably because NJ's was the best of the bunch. Isles got the worst of it IMO, though the Flyers jersey isn't far behind.

Reactions: Cowumbus

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Vomit. No thanks. Why can't they go with Chill inspired retro gear?
I think they could do a small Chill nod but the grand majority of the hockey world has no clue who the Columbus Chill was.

It could be interesting if they found a way to incorporate all of the previous Columbus pro teams but that is a lot to ask.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00