Confirmed with Link: Columbus to host Detroit on 03/01/25 at Ohio Stadium in NHL Stadium Series Game

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
The more I think about this, the more ridiculous it is.

The NHL has played hockey in outdoor warm weather places on ice yet the reason we can't have one in Columbus played on ice is that it might get too cold for the facility.

Seems crazy when you say it out loud.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Why not just build a new Ohio Stadium? Make it able to handle winter events and wide enough to host a FIFA World Cup match someday.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

Uh...it's THN so I take it with a grain of salt. But i'll believe it when I see it.

Multiple sources have reached out to THN Columbus and told us that the Blue Jackets will be hosting a 2025 NHL Stadium Series game at Ohio Stadium. The team they would play is rumored to be the Detroit Red Wings.

Per the sources, the game would be held "on or around" March 1st, 2025. March 1st is on a Saturday. March in Columbus, Ohio can be a bit of a crap shoot as well. Could be warm, could be cold, could be snowy, but will probably just be cold and grey, and hopefully not raining.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Multiple sources have reached out to THN Columbus and told us that the Blue Jackets will be hosting a 2025 NHL Stadium Series game at Ohio Stadium. The team they would play is rumored to be the Detroit Red Wings.

Per the sources, the game would be held "on or around" March 1st, 2025. March 1st is on a Saturday. March in Columbus, Ohio can be a bit of a crap shoot as well. Could be warm, could be cold, could be snowy, but will probably just be cold and grey, and hopefully not raining

Reactions: CBJ goalie

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
My aunt got married during that blizzard on April 1st in the late 80s, that last sentence is spot on.

My MILs 50th birthday. We had a house full of food and no one could get there, except a couple family members who'd already come in from out of town. Like 6 of us ate like kings for a couple days until we needed to go out again.

Reactions: Jovavic

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Poor Portzline. So out of the loop. As is Hedger. Or maybe the Dispatch is just passing on rumors. We need real hockey reporters in this town.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I for one still don't believe it and am frankly inclined to view it as "too little, too late" in any case. It'd be nice if it actually does end up being a thing and still being significant, but frankly they're at least half a decade overdue and targeting the franchise at a probable low point.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I for one still don't believe it and am frankly inclined to view it as "too little, too late" in any case. It'd be nice if it actually does end up being a thing and still being significant, but frankly they're at least half a decade overdue and targeting the franchise at a probable low point.
I'm sure us having a top 3 pick that went to Michigan as well as having two other main pieces as well as possible 4th (and don't forget Blanks) all having ties was just way too much for the NHL to pass up on. That's a marketing layup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad