Confirmed with Link: Columbus to host Detroit on 03/01/25 at Ohio Stadium in NHL Stadium Series Game

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

If you can't watch or are too lazy to skip to it:

Gino: The league loves the spectacle of the outdoor games.And the planning is already underway for next year?

Dreger: I don't know if its specific to next year, but the NHL is constantly planning the bigger events and the Winter Classic is one of their marque events. I know the league officials were at Ohio State on the weekend and they were conducting a site survey of Ohio Stadium. It is one of the largest facilities in the US with the capacity of over 100k people. I know the CBJ are looking forward to this becoming official, and its not official yet. But its in the preliminary stages.

Last edited:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Any idea what the opposing team would be?

Edit: Minnesota? (because expansion sibling)
I'd love for it to be Detroit and we could start a home and home series

Yes I know it doesn't HAVE to be tied to OSU but it would be a fantastic way to get some OSU fans interested in the CBJ and would help bring the two organizations closer together.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
As much as I’d love for this to happen and would attend if it does, shouldn’t the nhl wait until…like..we’re competent on the ice?

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Can't wait for the Pens/Wings fans to invade from Hillard and Pataskala
Wait a minute I live in Pataskala and a STH. A number of people I know (from Pataskala) that attends game at NWA are not Pens/Wings fans.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
As much as I’d love for this to happen and would attend if it does, shouldn’t the nhl wait until…like..we’re competent on the ice?
It not like it'll get scheduled and done within a year I would imagine it's at least a year or two out if they are selected. By which point we should hopefully be somewhat competent.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I went to an outdoor game once, what a miserable way to actually watch a game. Great for Columbus and the CBJ if they finally get the big attraction but no chance I will be there.

Reactions: DougKnowsBest

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I went to an outdoor game once, what a miserable way to actually watch a game. Great for Columbus and the CBJ if they finally get the big attraction but no chance I will be there.
I have talked with my buddy/season ticket seat partner and we’ve sort of decided that, if this ever happens, we’ll probably decide to go just to have done it, depending on how much it’s gonna cost. Less about seeing the game and more about just having been there. Neither of us has been to one before.

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Gonna be funny when they finally pick Ohio Stadium, but schedule Pens vs. Red Wings.
Or they pick the CBJ vs Pens and over 70K in the Horseshoe are Pens fans for the day but live here and support the Blue Jackets except when they play the Pens.

Then those same people will take to X and complain the Horseshoe was invaded by Pens fans and blown out.

Careful what you wish getting embarrassed again on the National Stage.

Jackets Bob

Sep 28, 2017
Lewis Center, OH
I don't think Ohio Stadium can handle a winter event. Something with the the water pipes not insulated. If OSU were in the CFP and had a home game they would play it elsewhere because of this (Indianapolis?).

Michigan Magic

Nov 3, 2023
Hattiesburg
I don't think Ohio Stadium can handle a winter event. Something with the the water pipes not insulated. If OSU were in the CFP and had a home game they would play it elsewhere because of this (Indianapolis?).
Indy is a dome.
Cleveland never has a playoff game.
Cincinnati Reds stadium. Whatever its called now.
Columbus soccer stadium? How many does it seat?

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I don't think they would be having conversations if it wasn't possible. I remember hearing that too but I think OSU just didn't want to do it. The new athletics director is a huge hockey fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00