Confirmed with Link: Columbus to host Detroit on 03/01/25 at Ohio Stadium in NHL Stadium Series Game

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I'm happy for those who are happy about getting the game.

I grew up playing on open air ice rinks right off Lake Michigan in suburban Chicago. I prefer my hockey to be inside with no wind in an arena at about 65 degrees. Total wimp, I know.

Should be a great event for the organization and the City of Columbus.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I'm sure us having a top 3 pick that went to Michigan as well as having two other main pieces as well as possible 4th (and don't forget Blanks) all having ties was just way too much for the NHL to pass up on. That's a marketing layup.
Again I’ll say if they market this game as an extension of a college football rivalry I will rage. I admit at 58 that won’t be as significant as if I was half that age, but the point stands.

Oh, I’ll go to the game.

Reactions: Cowumbus

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Again I’ll say if they market this game as an extension of a college football rivalry I will rage. I admit at 58 that won’t be as significant as if I was half that age, but the point stands.

Oh, I’ll go to the game.

I am going to wear a Buckeye hat and my Muck Fichigan tshirt. Unless Jarmo is still here. Then I might wear a paper bag on my head and a custom made Juck Farmo tshirt.

I hope they have an OSU history prof come out and talk about the Toledo War between periods.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I am going to wear a Buckeye hat and my Muck Fichigan tshirt. Unless Jarmo is still here. Then I might wear a paper bag on my head and a custom made Juck Farmo tshirt.

I hope they have an OSU history prof come out and talk about the Toledo War between periods.
And I’ll be all there’s another one of those f***ing assholes who doesn’t know dick about Adam Fantilli, Kent Johnson or Zach Werenski.

I mean, I know you do but I won’t know it’s you.

Reactions: koteka

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

Oh, I’ll go to the game.
I get why you feel that way, but hockey is still a growing sport in Columbus and they need to take every advantage possible to continue growing the game and that includes OSU and CBJ working together.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
I’ll be there. I’ll be the one bitching about the chili chant and the playing of Hang On Sloopy during every break…..:laugh:

probably from the top of C deck wearing my christmas tree logo hat….

Reactions: Cowumbus

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Seeing that Philly and Jersey players entered the stadium dressed in garb of characters from that city (Rocky and The Sopranos), I look forward to the guys rolling up in Columbus Zoo or Jack Hanna uniforms next season.

• Haha
Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

Halfboard

Nov 30, 2005
Seeing that Philly and Jersey players entered the stadium dressed in garb of characters from that city (Rocky and The Sopranos), I look forward to the guys rolling up in Columbus Zoo or Jack Hanna uniforms next season.
Or as First Energy execs?:laugh:

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Or as First Energy execs?:laugh:
Nah, Hanna is famous from the late night talk shows he did with the bringing of animals on the set and whatnot and the Zoo has had employees on that Secrets of the Zoo show that's been on for five years...if it wasn't popular it wouldn't have lasted that long and made spinoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad