Confirmed with Link: Columbus to host Detroit on 03/01/25 at Ohio Stadium in NHL Stadium Series Game

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Worst idea: they walk out dressed like Guy Fieri

Best idea: they walk out dressed like World War I fighter pilots like Eddie Rickenbacker

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Did the UM band play at the Big House for the 2014 Winter Classic? I can't remember and can't find sources.
Don't know but keep in mind March 1 is way outside of marching band season. Most of OSU's spring performances are done by the Spring Athletic Band which is a class that just about anyone is allowed to join.

But let's be real, neither team wants this tied to OSU and Michigan so I highly doubt there will be any performances by any OSU musical ensembles.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
I wonder if this announcement will light a fire under the asses of some of the players.

Let's face it: This season is lost, and this team isn't good. It should be a given that there will be a fair amount of roster turnover between now and the time the Stadium Series game happens. Knowing that this is on the horizon as something to look forward to might motivate some people to work a little harder to stay here.

Maybe.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I wonder if this announcement will light a fire under the asses of some of the players.

Let's face it: This season is lost, and this team isn't good. It should be a given that there will be a fair amount of roster turnover between now and the time the Stadium Series game happens. Knowing that this is on the horizon as something to look forward to might motivate some people to work a little harder to stay here.

Maybe.
Maybe.

But I'd also hope wanting a Stanley Cup ranks higher on the career aspirations list than playing an outdoor game.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

Maybe.
I'd prefer that they didn't. If you didn't care enough to work hard before, we can't count on you to work hard when your job is not on the line.

That said, I don't think the problem is the guys not working hard. With the possible exception of Gaudreau, they work hard, they just don't have the talent to win.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Grats Jacket fans. I'm a transplant from Cleveland living in very southern Va. Became a Canes fan as soon as they moved from Hartford. The Stadium series game the Cane shad last year was awesome hope yours ends up the same. I will certainly watch.

That being said Jackets come out in sweater vests

OH

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

This will make it so much better than if they imagined that Columbus was noteworthy for any other reason than being the home to a major university. I will be wearing red to support my favorite hocky team. I also hope this means my dream of the OSU marching band being the between-periods entertainment comes true.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
This will make it so much better than if they imagined that Columbus was noteworthy for any other reason than being the home to a major university. I will be wearing red to support my favorite hocky team. I also hope this means my dream of the OSU marching band being the between-periods entertainment comes true.
I for one am looking forward to even more bellyaching about the very existence of the school that is in a very literal way responsible for my existence. It really adds to all the griping about JD still having a job, third period breakdowns, why trading/not trading Jenner is Obviously The Right Thing, and other enriching, not at all soul-draining topics.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I for one am looking forward to even more bellyaching about the very existence of the school that is in a very literal way responsible for my existence. It really adds to all the griping about JD still having a job, third period breakdowns, why trading/not trading Jenner is Obviously The Right Thing, and other enriching, not at all soul-draining topics.

You should ignore this place and get into high school hockey. Lots of intrigue this week as the defending state champion Olentangy Liberty have placed their coaching staff on leave and have their JV coaches coaching the team. Might help your Golden Bears get back to the Frozen Four. UA has momentum after winning the CBJ Cup.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I plan to do my fair share. I confess some of it is just to lean into my curmudgeonly-ness, but not all.

I mean, as you celebrate its literal responsibility for your existence (for which I’m also appreciative) what of anyone for whom there is no connection whatsoever? Is all I’m saying. And yet somehow I manage to call central Ohio home.

Reactions: Iron Balls McGinty

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
I plan to do my fair share. I confess some of it is just to lean into my curmudgeonly-ness, but not all.

I mean, as you celebrate its literal responsibility for your existence (for which I’m also appreciative) what of anyone for whom there is no connection whatsoever? Is all I’m saying. And yet somehow I manage to call central Ohio home.
I'm in Columbus because I worked for a fast casual restaurant chain that had a location across the street from campus and needed a manager there, so I got moved. My only other personal connection to the university other than dealing with the rude ass OSU alumni who can't hold their alcohol (no issue with the students, though they also couldn't hang compared to my Bobcats) is my grandfather getting his Masters there in the late 60s. I don't care about football. I have never cared about OSU. I'm very leery of the game having a full OSU theme.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad