Columbus Thread VI (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
I continue to be a STH because I like supporting hockey in Columbus. I believe one of these days they'll get it right and it will all be worth it.

*sigh*

Sounds like why I keep my Browns season tickets. I figure if they ever get good, I'll have seats.

Also, why I'm considering a six-game CBJ pack.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Anyone with lowers for the last game of the season, I am interested. A few friends from Canada (CBJ fans, of course) are coming and looking for tickets. PM me with details. Thanks.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Well, despite my wife's protestations, I re-upped for next season. But if these guys don't get us into the play-offs, or at least be in the mix all season, I don't think she will stand for throwing anymore money down that rat hole.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Well, despite my wife's protestations, I re-upped for next season. But if these guys don't get us into the play-offs, or at least be in the mix all season, I don't think she will stand for throwing anymore money down that rat hole.

You think playoffs are realistically in the cards for next season?

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013

Despite my reservations I did same thing.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Despite my reservations I did same thing.

I am as discouraged as a fan as I have been in the franchise's history right now (even skipped last Saturday's NJD game) but I never contemplated not re-upping. And no, I'm not independently wealthy. But I totally get why people might have had enough, or close to it.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
It has nothing to do with what my expectations are. It has everything to do with if they play well enough to make my wife happy! :laugh:

As a married guy I literally did this:

bf682c8695efc32cd7ad238a37d4c0fd.jpg

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio

Might I suggest that her protestations are a direct result of the mood you are in when they are out of it early, and not on the fact that they are out of it early?
Lol. And then I read your follow up post. Glad to hear you are in the boat! And hope your wife is happy next year - her happiness would make the rest of us happy too. It is all about her! :nod:

lilfedor

Feb 16, 2016
Cleveland, OH
Looking for Season Ticket Partner

I've been a season ticket holder for seven years and was just informed that my ticket 'partner' (who would buy a quarter season from me each year) is no longer interested in going to games (he's given up all hope.)

I live in Cleveland so the agreement I always had with my 'partner' was that he could pick out of any games M-TH so that I could continue to attend the games with my father. The only restriction is you cannot take the Chicago Blackhawks game as I sell those tickets to a family member each year.

My tickets are lower bowl, center ice, 2 seats off of the red line (looking to move to the aisle if they become available.) Here is a picture.

http://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/40498/Nationwide+Arena/section-115/row-U/seat-3/

Even if you're interested in one game or three games please let me know as every bit helps.

Thank you!

PS - Sorry for the advertisement / begging but I'm a young guy paying for these tickets so every game sold allows me to keep the seats for the following year!

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
Hey, all, I'm going to be in Columbus on Tuesday for the soccer match. Any food I should get before and/or after? Beer?

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
Hey, all, I'm going to be in Columbus on Tuesday for the soccer match. Any food I should get before and/or after? Beer?

That match on Tuesday just became a whole lot more important than it should be. #FireKlinsy

Plan on arriving to the fairgrounds early. The weather should be good and there will be a lot of tailgating. Parking can be a mess and if you try to get there just before game time.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Anyone with lowers for the last game of the season, I am interested. A few friends from Canada (CBJ fans, of course) are coming and looking for tickets. PM me with details. Thanks.

Not likely a good one to take out of towners to unless they're Hawks fans. I'm sure CBJ fans will be out numbered by a lot. Certainly hope so and that management is completely embarrassed by it. At least I got $105/ticket out of my uppers.

The CBJ know it's going to be bad. They moved fan appreciation night to the Rangers game. It's always been the last home game unless CBJ have a back to back to end season and have to catch a flight out to close on the road.

lilfedor

Feb 16, 2016
Cleveland, OH
Looking for CBJ Season Ticket Partner - Center Ice LB -

Red Line Lower Bowl - 115 - Row U - Seats 3/4 (will move to aisle if it becomes available)

http://aviewfrommyseat.com/photo/40498/Nationwide+Arena/section-115/row-U/seat-3/

I've been a season ticket holder for a couple years and have recently relocated back to Cleveland. I've had two 'quarter season' holders the past couple years who have thrown their hands in the air and given up on the union blue which has left me without any 'partners' for my tickets.

As I live in Cleveland I'd be looking to find someone who lives closer to the Columbus area and wouldn't mind taking a majority of the Monday - Thursday games.

I'm open to everything from 3 game 'packs' to quarter seasons to half season. VERY laid back and easy going and willing to work with you.

If you're interested reply back with an email address and I'll follow up.

Sorry for my shameless advertisement but I truly can't afford to continue to do this without partners.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
I have four tickets to the "tunnel of pride" for the last game of the season to give away. Cool experience high-fiving and cheering the players as they move from locker room to Zamboni entrance on Main ice.

You need to be there around 6 for sign ins at Ice Haus. PM me if you are interested. I can email them once they are on my account.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I don't have season tickets this season, but for all of you who do here is a question - how do you feel about the club offering discounted lower bowl tickets to the Appreciation Night game?

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
I don't have season tickets this season, but for all of you who do here is a question - how do you feel about the club offering discounted lower bowl tickets to the Appreciation Night game?

I think it's sad they have to move it from a night when we play Chicago.

It's sad that the discounted tickets are likely being snapped up by Rangers fans.

It's sad that STH's won't win the jersey's from the players.

But I do have the pride of being a Day One STH. So I have that going for me.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio

They're just trying to avoid the embarrassment of a half empty arena on Fan Appreciation Night because it's a Monday Night game. Which was after they moved Fan Appreciation Night from Saturday to avoid being embarrassed for their fans because NWA will be mostly packed with Chicago fans.

Of course, on that note, they didn't care enough to offer discounted tickets to season ticket holders for the Chicago game. They don't mind riding out the Chicago gravy train.

Anyway, as to Monday, I don't really care other than it means I might actually have to sit in my seats in the upper bowl if there aren't any self-guided upgrade seats available. I'd rather they be in the playoff hunt and not have to discount their tickets to get people to go, but here we are.......again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad