Columbus Thread VI (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

neek21

Sep 8, 2012
Shouldn't it be about time for season ticket renewals to be sent out?

First time I'm really on fence with renewing. Been there since season 1, but likely will be leaving Arena District in next year. Additionally I sold most of my tickets this year (been to 6 games, and twice I sat in corporate boxes).

Who knows let's hope for flat ticket prices. I know they sent out surveys on what the STH wanted - to me I like the bonus card for paying early and fan bucks additional discounts. But above and beyond that only thing I care about is winning. Don't care about fan events or going to hear some front office guy talk.

I agree...give me good, hard discounts that the regular single game ticket holder doesn't get; the early bird deal is another good thing....autographed pucks, jerseys, lunch with the GM or a player, 'exclusive' season ticket holder events, those things do NOTHING for me...and yes, winning is the bottom line for sure!

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I did a 1/4 season pack for '13-'14 and '14-'15, but did not renew this season. I have been to one game, but have been offered countless times by friends who can't even give them away. Stubhub seats can go for like $10 most weeknights.

joshjoshjosh

ಠ_ಠ
Feb 15, 2010
Guam
Shouldn't it be about time for season ticket renewals to be sent out?

First time I'm really on fence with renewing. Been there since season 1, but likely will be leaving Arena District in next year. Additionally I sold most of my tickets this year (been to 6 games, and twice I sat in corporate boxes).

Who knows let's hope for flat ticket prices. I know they sent out surveys on what the STH wanted - to me I like the bonus card for paying early and fan bucks additional discounts. But above and beyond that only thing I care about is winning. Don't care about fan events or going to hear some front office guy talk.

Did you get the e-mail today? If you renew before 4/29 the price doesn't change. Which implies they will go up, which is funny in a laugh-so-I-don't-cry sort of way

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Did you get the e-mail today? If you renew before 4/29 the price doesn't change. Which implies they will go up, which is funny in a laugh-so-I-don't-cry sort of way

I didn't see an e-mail yet, but saw Business First had a story on it. But yeah I thought it had to be about that time to get the info/packet.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Looked at the renewal information today. Love that they are now deciding to leverage USA/CAN tickets as an incentive for STH Renewal, after currently saying ticket information would be available to 15-16 STH in January and then never releasing anything. It will be tough, but I think I'm going to give them up for 16-17.

jag72

Jun 9, 2011
I also noticed that they state that you get your same seats for the US Canada game. Looked at my renewal and I am actually in different seats for that game. I sure hope that doesn't mean they will be relocating my seats this year. That will may be a deal breaker for me if they move our seats.

joshjoshjosh

ಠ_ಠ
Feb 15, 2010
Guam
I also noticed that they state that you get your same seats for the US Canada game. Looked at my renewal and I am actually in different seats for that game. I sure hope that doesn't mean they will be relocating my seats this year. That will may be a deal breaker for me if they move our seats.

My seats are specified on the invoice

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
They say price freeze but $$ seem to have gone up paid 214/game for my 4 tix in 120 for 15/16. invoice says 270/gm for 16/17 am I crazy?

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
They say price freeze but $$ seem to have gone up paid 214/game for my 4 tix in 120 for 15/16. invoice says 270/gm for 16/17 am I crazy?

I just looked at mine and price went up $170 over last year but upon inspection that was the cost of US-Canada game.

Is that going to be hot ticket for that game?

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Talked to a full STH that sits in one of the 'Center Ice' sections in the upper bowl, 2nd row from the top.

Her tickets are going up 108% .. pretty crazy if you ask me.

jacketsnc33

Nov 24, 2007
Why sign up for season tickets when you can purchase tickets to nearly every home game for less than face value on the secondary market?

No disrespect intended to those who do. I commend you loyal, since day-one season ticket holders, just curious of your reasoning.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Why sign up for season tickets when you can purchase tickets to nearly every home game for less than face value on the secondary market?

No disrespect intended to those who do. I commend you loyal, since day-one season ticket holders, just curious of your reasoning.

In a lot of cases that's correct.

But I tracked mine this year:
-Besides the few games I went to (5 at this point)
-I sold 8 to a friend of mine at my cost
-I sold 2 to work (one a guy from out of town is a big fan so company bought them, other I needed to be out of town so company bought them and did something with them)
-I've literally sold every other game on Ticket Master board at above face except for 3 preseason games that I got $49.50 each (tickets costs $67ish).
-Granted most games I'm selling right at $67-70 but opening night sold for $100, finale sold for $200 (why anyone pays that much I have no idea, I threw a price on them and someone bought them), most weekend games are $80.
-Literally had 1 game (2/25/16) that I couldn't sell, I tried lowering my price below face day of game but I was invited into a corporate box so honestly didn't care enough to further lower the price.

So yes I think most tickets hurt - but I'm close to the ice, isle seats and right across the isle the tickets are $20 more than mine which helps as people are shopping.
And even I'm considering not coming back!

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217

That's what I've done the past two years. I do envy the signings and events they have the STH though. (I collect a lot of gear/team stuff)

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
I've actually been considering a six-game plan for the last few years. My two major hang-ups:

They don't announce the promotional schedule far enough in advance for me to pick my six games intelligently (I realize I have outed myself as a Clevelander to the five people on this board who didn't already know by even caring about the promotional schedule) and adding additional games via individual game tickets can be difficult logistically as I can usually make one game a month (six or seven depending on whether April works out - it didn't this year).

The cheapest price range (upper attack once) is not available, thus making the prospect of paying for six games in one fell swoop (or a series of a few payments) even pricier.

cbjfan

Jul 4, 2002
Visit site
Talked to a full STH that sits in one of the 'Center Ice' sections in the upper bowl, 2nd row from the top.

Something about this does not make sense. I am a full STH, Upper Bowl, Center Ice and 1st row. I renewed yesterday for the exact same amount as last year. No price increase.

jag72

Jun 9, 2011

I am pretty much in the same boat. If I want my same seats this next season my prices go from $1640/pair to $3600/pair. No way I am going to renew for an extra $2000.

From what my rep told me, they are getting rid of the top two row promotion that they started 5 years ago.

This is when my section (204) is normally 1/4 filled for the majority of the games.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Something about this does not make sense. I am a full STH, Upper Bowl, Center Ice and 1st row. I renewed yesterday for the exact same amount as last year. No price increase.

Yeah, probably because the top two rows in "center ice" are a completely different price point when getting season tickets. I believe they may be getting rid of that top two rows classification hence the huge increase? Dunno... Like I said it's just a STH I ran into.

cbjfan

Jul 4, 2002
Visit site
Yeah, probably because the top two rows in "center ice" are a completely different price point when getting season tickets. I believe they may be getting rid of that top two rows classification hence the huge increase? Dunno... Like I said it's just a STH I ran into.

Yes, that is crazy and certainly not worth a doubling of the price. At the new price, those seats also would probably not be very easy to sell.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I am pretty much in the same boat. If I want my same seats this next season my prices go from $1640/pair to $3600/pair. No way I am going to renew for an extra $2000.

From what my rep told me, they are getting rid of the top two row promotion that they started 5 years ago.

This is when my section (204) is normally 1/4 filled for the majority of the games.

Sound smart on their part :sarcasm:

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
I continue to be a STH because I like supporting hockey in Columbus. I believe one of these days they'll get it right and it will all be worth it.

*sigh*

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Not renewing. Pretty nice to have that money back in my pocket. I will just buy the games I want to go to. I don't mind paying a premium for the better games

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
I continue to be a STH because I like supporting hockey in Columbus. I believe one of these days they'll get it right and it will all be worth it.

*sigh*

That's where I would be, SG, had we not moved out of town. My seats now have been passed on to my young cousins, who not only love hockey, but play, as well. One is a Nucks fan, but she's forgiven!

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
How tough is it to find opening night tickets? I've never gone and I'm considering getting 3 tickets for the 2016/17 home opener.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
How tough is it to find opening night tickets? I've never gone and I'm considering getting 3 tickets for the 2016/17 home opener.

Largely depends on opponent and day of week.

If it's Chicago/Detroit (other team that brings in fans) then could be challenging. But I wouldn't think it would be too tough, likely Season Ticket sales will be down so should be plenty avail to public is my guess.

Oh and I decided to renew again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad