Columbus Thread VI (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

neek21

Sep 8, 2012
I saw they have moved the appreciation night to Monday when it's typically been the last home game...I have tickets for the Chicago game with my quarter season package, but prices are thru the roof on Stubhub for it on the market...I'm sure the National Anthem will be drowned out by the Chicago fans, and I'm sure whenever they score it will seem like the game is in the United Center...kind of goes hand in hand with the season the CBJ has produced....

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
CBJ really trying hard to sell tickets these last two home games. Offering discounted tickets ($15 upper, $30 lower/club) for "friends" of existing STHs. I'm sure the STHs who got "locked in" to their prices are really happy.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
CBJ really trying hard to sell tickets these last two home games. Offering discounted tickets ($15 upper, $30 lower/club) for "friends" of existing STHs. I'm sure the STHs who got "locked in" to their prices are really happy.

The $15/$30 seats are only for tonite's game. Saturday is already practically sold out (singles only). Blackhawk's fans have bought up the arena. Pretty sure there will be at least 10,000 of them, probably more as the 8,000 or so Season Ticket Holders probably unload their tickets to avoid the humiliation of an away game atmosphere in NWA.

I'm a Day 1 PSL holder and I took advantage of the offer for tonite. I bought 2 tickets. I wish we had an awesome team that people wanted to pay good money to see, but we don't. CBJ aren't the first company to discount their product due to lack of demand.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
If I was a STH, I'd be pissed that I had to pay $80 or $100 (or whatever it is) to attend this game when in fact, if I had just not been a "valued" STH I could have attended for much cheaper.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
i agree...if you're going to do something like that, then reimburse the STH the difference in a gift card or something to use at the arena...that sorta thanks would go a longer way...

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
If I was a STH, I'd be pissed that I had to pay $80 or $100 (or whatever it is) to attend this game when in fact, if I had just not been a "valued" STH I could have attended for much cheaper.

But...you couldn't have attended "much cheaper"....you had to be a STH to get the deal for extras at the discounted price. Maybe I'm seeing it wrong, but I see it as "Buy first ticket(s) at your regular STH price and get the next 10 for $15/$30.

If a store offers Buy One, get the next one at 50% off...do you get pissed because the first item wasn't 50% off?

I am a STH and think there's a lot more idiotic things that this organization has done than this ticket promotion.

Last edited:

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
But...you couldn't have attended "much cheaper"....you had to be a STH to get the deal for extras at the discounted price.

I know plenty of STHs. Didn't need to be one myself to get them at the reduced price.

They're diluting their product (the on-ice results aren't helping either). Have heard from many STHs who have been upset at reduced prices, ticket giveaways, etc. for non-STHs. What are their benefits as STHs?

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
I know plenty of STHs. Didn't need to be one myself to get them at the reduced price.

They're diluting their product (the on-ice results aren't helping either). Have heard from many STHs who have been upset at reduced prices, ticket giveaways, etc. for non-STHs. What are their benefits as STHs?

I always felt that the greatest benefits was sitting in the same seat for every game. The other stuff - zoo, meetings, tours, etc. - didn't mean much to me. I liked being a supporter from day one, too.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I scored two free tickets in 104 Row R for the Rangers game from Huntington just for following them on twitter. They were stopping random people at the Carolina home game and giving away free tickets for following them on twitter/etc.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I put my mom's tickets for tonights game on ticketbastard exchange, section 202, row h, seats 1 and 2, face is 78 and they are up for 60 apiece

edit: And they're gone in 15 minutes

Last edited:

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013

it's not nearly as bad as it use to be.

Use to be the CBJ would sell tickets to Nationwide Insurance for minimal costs for them to give away to keep seats filled. They probably still do but just I don't hear about it as much.
Don't forget back in the day when IDWT would have each player signed as a FA have their own "seats" for charity - so they would each "buy" 20 seats for each game for the players charity to give away.
So discounting for a couple games doesn't bother especially if it's last minute.

The one promo I like is STH get to buy discounted tickets around the holidays and I love to buy 20-30 of those and give away to employees as holiday presents.

Again the CBJ are better off having butts in seats, even if discounted. It has to be done the correct way but having 11k on a weekday night does no one any good. Obviously as mentioned winning would cure that, unfortunately when you have our management winning is praying for a hot goaltender, not so much having a good team assembled.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
As someone whose family used to have STH's and who's been out of the Columbus area for 2 years now, nothing has changed quite like the parking situation,

It took me an hour to leave Saturday. How do you guys deal with that on 41 nights a week?

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
As someone whose family used to have STH's and who's been out of the Columbus area for 2 years now, nothing has changed quite like the parking situation,

It took me an hour to leave Saturday. How do you guys deal with that on 41 nights a week?

Vine street garage. Go out the bottom takes your to 71 it's like a 5 min wait in the garage for me tops.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3lD4G3rrk7bcjMyOE43SE8xMVk

For those that that love poker and the CBJ there is a charity benefit tomorrow featuring silent auction items such as a Johansen and Foligno signed all star banner and more tomorrow in Dublin. It is at the Shark Tank Poker club on Bethel. You don't have to play poker to bid on the items. You can just stop in and place your bid sometime during the event. You may even call the Shark Tank and leave a bid, I'm not sure about that. Interested? Call and see if they'll take bids that way. This event is in the memory of Kevin Coughlin, a big CBJ fan and season-ticket holder who passed away last year following complications from surgery. You may recognize him when you see the photos on the poster. All proceeds go to help animals with medical needs at the Humane Society shelter. It's a great cause, and there might be some interesting items up for bidS!

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Thanks for posting that, Derby. I remember him, but never knew his last name. Saddened to hear of his passing.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007

(7 minute walk home) ;)

Vine street garage. Go out the bottom takes your to 71 it's like a 5 min wait in the garage for me tops.

took me 5 minutes to get out of the Vine lot and onto 315

I am on the freeway in 5 minutes from the Front St garage.

Park for free on Neil Ave by the Giant Eagle and have your option of 71 or 315 directly in front of you :)

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
I'm off from work this week so yesterday I drove around downtown and got to walk by the arena for the first time. I guess they show replays of past games and blast the audio throughout the surrounding area. It was a Monday, so it was pretty dead, but I look forward to attending a few games, definitely when Ottawa is in town.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Going to ballet tomorrow to see Beauty and the Beast, then some Buckeye Pho, then off to Mapfre to see the crew vs Montreal. Sunday will be recharge day.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Sorry...ballet was Sleeping Beauty! My gf keeps track of these things I just buy the tickets. Ballet was good (original sleeping beauty story is much different than the Disney version) but technically sub-standard from what I was expecting for $80/seat. I was still glad to support and it was better than anything I saw in Syracuse. Looking forward to finding another theatric event my gf would like seeing as how she goes to the sporting events w/ me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia