Columbus Thread VI (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
There is a meetup at the agora besides Nationwide Arena from about thirteen hours from now for the gold celebrations.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
There is? Is there some announcement other than your post? Did you send out a bunch of PM's?

Edit:OK I see you have one in the non-Jackets hockey thread too.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Well, I am officially no longer buying beers at Huntington Park. For a triple A baseball park, their beers are more expensive then beers at the Nat for Jackets games. Not only did they raise the price for some of the craft beers, they are served in smaller cups. Also cans are now 16 ounces rather then the 24 ounce size.

Now I only buy maybe 2 beers anyway, it is just the point. With my "fan bucks" for being a STH, it even makes the beers at the Nat cheaper.

Not only that, "Buck-a-bone" night in only two seasons became "buck fifty-a-bone. I haven't noticed pork prices going up. From what I have been told, it isn't because the vendors have initiated the price hikes, it's the Clippers.

Anyway, in the big scheme of things, this isn't life altering, I just wanted to vent. If you don't drink, or eat at the games, it is still a great deal. And parking is still reasonable.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Well, I am officially no longer buying beers at Huntington Park. For a triple A baseball park, their beers are more expensive then beers at the Nat for Jackets games. Not only did they raise the price for some of the craft beers, they are served in smaller cups. Also cans are now 16 ounces rather then the 24 ounce size.

Now I only buy maybe 2 beers anyway, it is just the point. With my "fan bucks" for being a STH, it even makes the beers at the Nat cheaper.

Not only that, "Buck-a-bone" night in only two seasons became "buck fifty-a-bone. I haven't noticed pork prices going up. From what I have been told, it isn't because the vendors have initiated the price hikes, it's the Clippers.

Anyway, in the big scheme of things, this isn't life altering, I just wanted to vent. If you don't drink, or eat at the games, it is still a great deal. And parking is still reasonable.

Rib prices are the same as the restaurants (City Barbeque) I believe. Vendors pay 20-25% commission for every item they sell. They kept buck a bone for an extra year at park after the restaurants raised prices.
If you notice Roosters left this year. Most of the local vendors don't make money. It's done to try to break even.

I make most Monday night games - just can't beat dime a dog night. Keep in mind that just started every Monday night a couple years ago - use to be just first Monday.

Again I hate ballpark prices - I hope the thing with the Atlanta Falcons works (google it they are rolling back prices) but wanted to point out it's not the vendors making money, it's the Clippers and major concession.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Rib prices are the same as the restaurants (City Barbeque) I believe. Vendors pay 20-25% commission for every item they sell. They kept buck a bone for an extra year at park after the restaurants raised prices.
If you notice Roosters left this year. Most of the local vendors don't make money. It's done to try to break even.

I make most Monday night games - just can't beat dime a dog night. Keep in mind that just started every Monday night a couple years ago - use to be just first Monday.

Again I hate ballpark prices - I hope the thing with the Atlanta Falcons works (google it they are rolling back prices) but wanted to point out it's not the vendors making money, it's the Clippers and major concession.

I did see that Roosters left. Yuengling is no longer sold there since they do not make a 16oz can. So when Huntington Park went from 24oz to 16oz cans, Yuengling could not comply. If you like light beer, or fruity beers, Huntington Park is the place for you.

My bigger point is that they have prices similar to top tier pro leagues. I realize that they need to make their money somewhere, but I don't think they need to charge major league prices.

Anyway, I will be hitting the happy hours at the bars in the Arena District from now on before the game.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
3 legged mare (little farther away) does 20% off before and after if you show them your ticket.
Boston's does have a happy hour (but I think it $1 off and app specials).
Most of places on Park Street have a happy hour (again slightly further away).
Betty's right outside the stadium has really cheap prices. Dark inside and smells like smoke at times but if you want cheap prices that's the place.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Don't they have some sort of $2/beer nights every so often?

Not anymore. Used to be 1-2-3 Fridays. $1 bones, $2 12oz domestics, and $3 12oz crafts.

Then it was $2 sliders (City BBQ), and the beers.

Now it is $5 for 14oz beers. Not sure about the sliders. Unless it is raining, I will find out tomorrow.

glees68

Penn State
Dec 20, 2008
Pittsburgh
Hey y'all, I am attending the rescheduled AC/DC concert on 9/4. I'm sitting in 216 row E. Now my question is, while looking on Ticketmaster, it shows a white gap between the first two rows and E, F, and etc. What is the white gap? haha I don't wanna be behind a wall or something.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Is the Draft Party worth making the trip down from Cleveland for?

This year it's BYOC. fans need to bring their own chair for the "plaza party." Seems like little effort from the organization, but fan events really regressed in quality last year, so I guess I'm not totally surprised.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Didn't they let people on the floor for an event last year? Was the attendance just not worth the effort/money to repeat?

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Didn't they let people on the floor for an event last year? Was the attendance just not worth the effort/money to repeat?

It was scheduled for outside, but weather moved it in. Usually it's inside. This year and last they moved to a party on the plaza thing.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Hi all, what are the best places for poutine? I'll be in Columbus quite often in the next year.

Also, if you know where the best gastropubs in the area are, that'd be great too. Thanks all!

Last edited:

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
I don't know why Yuengling isn't at Huntington Park. They do make a 16 oz. can. I saw an ad at a gas station up here in Cleveland for 2 16 oz. Yuengling cans for $2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad