Columbus Thread VI (All City/Arena Questions, Ticket Exchange, Meetups, etc in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
How long is your definition of 'walking distance'?

Considering it is supposed to be cold... pretty close :laugh:
A parking garage might not be a bad idea though. I have never been to Columbus at all, so I don't know what the city is like or what the layout around the arena is

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
A parking garage might not be a bad idea though. I have never been to Columbus at all, so I don't know what the city is like or what the layout around the arena is

You're going to love the city. Garage's are usually around 10 bucks.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014

Well, public transit is minimal so there are a TON of parking garages. You could find surface lots or garages within 5-10 minutes walking for $5-10 range. It'll go up to $15-$20 if you want to park right next to the arena.

The area near the Arena is filled with bars and restaurants. R Bar is the "hockey bar" that is just a couple minutes north (and east by a few feet) of the arena. Really...if you just start walking that area you'll find most places packed. Just depends on what you're looking for before/after the game.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Just got back to Rockford after the game last night. That was an awesome time. I didn't have time to explore the city because we did the drive there and back the same day.
But that little area you have around the arena is awesome. Parking was easy, and the arena experience was great as well.

Thanks, Columbus, for a great time. (Oh, and Saad scored, so that was nice haha)
I didn't get too many weird looks for sporting my Hawks jersey. Even a few "Go Hawks!" which I wasn't expecting. Probably helped that I was cheering for the home team ;)

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Just talked with my wife, and I think our family is coming down for the Feb 27th game vs. Florida Panthers.
It's a 3pm game.

There's 7 of us, so it should be fun. Any excuse for a road trip and a hockey game is good enough for our daughters.

Drive is just over 5 hrs, so it works out: leave first thing in the morning, get there early enough to tour the arena a bit, then leave after the game to be home before midnight.

Never been there before.
Gonna try to convince our daughters to wear all of my CBJ jerseys.

Feel free to introduce yourself....will let you know where we're sitting once I get the tickets.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Alright, after looking online for tickets for that Feb 27th game, thought I'd try here as well.
I need 7 tickets. Preferably together, but will take 5+2 near each other.
Budget is a factor, so looking for upper bowl seats.
After reading on past ticket threads here, some have suggested to just walk up on game day and get tickets from scalpers.
Thoughts?

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Alright, after looking online for tickets for that Feb 27th game, thought I'd try here as well.
I need 7 tickets. Preferably together, but will take 5+2 near each other.
Budget is a factor, so looking for upper bowl seats.
After reading on past ticket threads here, some have suggested to just walk up on game day and get tickets from scalpers.
Thoughts?

I would check with stub hub - their you can sell tickets under face value so more than likely to get a better deal than ticketmaster.
I hate scalpers.
I would also check with CBJ site just to see if they have any specials. Other option in Green Seats where you get their early on game day.

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Thanks for the reply....yeah, stubhub was the best priced option so far.
I am leery of scalpers, because they'll know I need 7 and may not be willing to play ball, so to speak.
I'd hate to have driven 5 hours for nothing.....'sorry kids, get back in the van', lol

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Thanks for the reply....yeah, stubhub was the best priced option so far.
I am leery of scalpers, because they'll know I need 7 and may not be willing to play ball, so to speak.
I'd hate to have driven 5 hours for nothing.....'sorry kids, get back in the van', lol

If you can get to the box office 2 hours before the game, then you'll be able to buy tickets for $10 for certain. The team sells 250 seats in the upper deck on the side (toward the Florida shoots twice side) each game two hours before faceoff. They're really decent seats and if you're on a budget, they sound like the perfect fit for you. I only go to week night games and I've been able to get these $10 seats easily every time this year and I generally show up right at game time. I would guess that even if you show up an hour before the game that there would be no problem getting them. $29 seats are the next price up at the box office. 7 tix together from scalpers might be an iffy proposition as well.

Have fun at the game!

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
If you can get to the box office 2 hours before the game, then you'll be able to buy tickets for $10 for certain. The team sells 250 seats in the upper deck on the side (toward the Florida shoots twice side) each game two hours before faceoff. They're really decent seats and if you're on a budget, they sound like the perfect fit for you. I only go to week night games and I've been able to get these $10 seats easily every time this year and I generally show up right at game time. I would guess that even if you show up an hour before the game that there would be no problem getting them. $29 seats are the next price up at the box office. 7 tix together from scalpers might be an iffy proposition as well.

Have fun at the game!

Wow, thanks for the tip!
I just looked these up, these are the Huntington Green Seats.

Do you think these will still be easily available on a Saturday afternoon game?
I read in another thread here that these tickets are scooped up by scalplers.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Wow, thanks for the tip!

https://seatgeek.com/panthers-at-bl...16-columbus-ohio-nationwide-arena/nhl/2666581

(Seats around $40 per here in the upper bowl).

There are a TON of seats available for 2/27 as of now, so I doubt too many of those Green Seats will be picked up early.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Wow, thanks for the tip!

I'm going to the game tonight and I'll get there no earlier than 20 minutes before the game and I'm almost 100% sure that I'll get them.

Like I said, I don't do weekend games generally. Saturday is the best attended night, but in this lost season, I'd doubt the scalpers would have much of a market in buying the green seats. If you get to the arena an hour beforehand, I'd doubt you'd have much of a problem getting them, but there's no guarantee.

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
Hey I'm probably coming out next week for the game against the Devils. Was there last year and thought the arena and the surrounding area was great. Only question we have is - is there a tarp/tent over the visiting tunnel that leads to the bench in the arena? Trying to figure out if we'd be able to high five some players on their way in/out. Thanks

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Hey I'm probably coming out next week for the game against the Devils. Was there last year and thought the arena and the surrounding area was great. Only question we have is - is there a tarp/tent over the visiting tunnel that leads to the bench in the arena? Trying to figure out if we'd be able to high five some players on their way in/out. Thanks

no I don't think so.. we don't have much of a terrorizing fanbase

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite

No tarp. High five away

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
My company offerring $60 mezzanine-level tix and the first 50 employees get to high-five the team on their way out onto the ice for March 4th vs the Oil. Think I'll go.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
My company offerring $60 mezzanine-level tix and the first 50 employees get to high-five the team on their way out onto the ice for March 4th vs the Oil. Think I'll go.

My company is lame. They never do anything like this.
/self employed.:D

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Shouldn't it be about time for season ticket renewals to be sent out?

First time I'm really on fence with renewing. Been there since season 1, but likely will be leaving Arena District in next year. Additionally I sold most of my tickets this year (been to 6 games, and twice I sat in corporate boxes).

Who knows let's hope for flat ticket prices. I know they sent out surveys on what the STH wanted - to me I like the bonus card for paying early and fan bucks additional discounts. But above and beyond that only thing I care about is winning. Don't care about fan events or going to hear some front office guy talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad