GDT: COL @ VAN: Grudge Match (10:30p ET)

Stallone or DeNiro?

• Stallone

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • DeNiro

Votes: 44 62.0%

• Total voters

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
For me it's a carry-over of the gallows' humor from the dark days that has just run amok.

Yeah the dark days around definitely created a pretty distinct type of... humor? I dunno if humor is even the right way to describe it. It's like an evolved form of shit posting.

But yeah, it feels like posters that have been here since the early 2010s have a pretty good grasp of the nonsense we get on with because a lot of it came from those years.

I get that most of it is in good fun and tongue in cheek humor, but it gets a bit overwhelming sometimes because its every single game in a constant stream. Sometimes things are more effective in smaller doses.

IMO, it depends on the thread in the forum, and how seriously and personally certain posters take things.

I personally enjoy good passionate debate. I think one key is to not get too wrapped up in the individual with whom one is debating, and just focus on the topic at hand. I've been here a long damn time, and I've had some real knock-down-drag-outs with @Pierce Hawthorne, @henchman21, @RockLobster, and a number of others. But that doesn't mean for a second that I have any personal animus towards any of them. Disagreements happen in discussions. After awhile, the heated nature of the debate at hand inevitably subsides, and the conclusion I typically come to is that I really enjoy reading those peoples' opinions, and in truth, I've learned a lot from their posts in here. Doesn't mean that I agree with 100% of what they say, but I do respect that they know their shit, and they have a right to their opinion(s).

On the thread front - to me, the in-game GDTs are hard to read sometimes. Before- or after-game is much better, but during the game itself? Sometimes the GDTs read like a bad bi-polar therapy session. I avoid them.

(...as I post this in a GDT) :laugh:

GDTs especially during games should be like Vegas... It didn't happen. If you're not drunk and emotional you are probably asleep (maybe after too much).

Also @The Kingslayer , and his leadership in our pessimism is directly responsible for the Cup win.

Fact, get used to it, it's life..

Look here....

I was told, explicitly, by the Dr that "we'll prep the area, numb it a bit and then there will be two snips, some tying, and you'll feel some strong tugging, but it shouldn't be worse than that..."

Motherf***er lied to me. I went in expecting some sort of topical cream applied, like what I believe happened when I had a cavity filled in (they applied a cream to my gums to numb it, and then used a shot to finish the numbing, but I didn't feel the shot, just a strong tugging on my mouth/gums).

That *did not* happen. I f***ing felt the shot to my nutsack, and then felt him cutting in. I told him that, and he was surprised. So they upped the numbing agent on the otherside for when they had to do that side.

The aftermath, yes, I did have to go and make sure there wasn't some infection going on.

That said--you should do it.

I made it as far as the intake, and never went back. Two reasons.. I've seen the horrifying results after with soldiers I was in charge of.. and the "rumor" it can kill your sex drive is way more true than they let on.

Nope, never, next..

• Love
Reactions: The Kingslayer

MoreLikeTurdCrapley

Jun 30, 2019
Lighten up, my man. 9/10ths of what we say around here is conscious hyperbole and gallows humor.

Yeah the dark days around definitely created a pretty distinct type of... humor? I dunno if humor is even the right way to describe it. It's like an evolved form of shit posting.

But yeah, it feels like posters that have been here since the early 2010s have a pretty good grasp of the nonsense we get on with because a lot of it came from those years.
I get it. I really do. Ive been active here since 2019 (the timestamp is incorrect ), and I was a lurker for roughly 15 years before that. I get the gallows humor and sarcasm.

But I live in southern CA so I use these boards to talk Avs with other Avs fans. Not too many around me. The negativity around here is at an all time high. Like @forsbergavs32 said, its constant and overwhelming at times, which is crazy to me considering Avs won the Cup only 2 years ago.

Anyway, rant over. Cheers.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
They are....

And I was f***ing LIED TO with regard to how much I'd feel during my procedure.
Could be even worse. Know a guy who had to have his redone after it allegedly reversed itself (but fairly likely they just somehow screwed up the first time) and had to go in for a year to make sure the second one really did work

Edit: He’s literally in medical case studies now - can only imagine the comments EJ could throw out about the guys fertility when he managed to get his wife pregnant years after his vasectomy

Reactions: CobraAcesS

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
grandpa-abe-exit.gif

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
I'm working on one with the tubes tied at 33... If I could select this on the dating app, life would be less scary.
That would really limit your dating pool. Tubal ligations are really uncommon unless the woman already has 2+ kids and they’re doing it during a c-section. It’s a major surgery and doctors are largely averse to doing it unless the woman already has kids

Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
That would really limit your dating pool. Tubal ligations are really uncommon unless the woman already has 2+ kids and they’re doing it during a c-section. It’s a major surgery and doctors are largely averse to doing it unless the woman already has kids

I'm aware, at this point in my life a single woman without kids might be more rare though. Also a serious red flag 90% of the time. 🤣

Last edited:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
No suspension for Manson which is not surprising even though Canucks fans around me had you believe its the worst thing to ever happen at Rogers Arena

He pulled up, just not quite enough to get out of the penalty.

If he does not.. The old "What's the last thing that goes through a bugs mind before it hits the windshield" sentiment applies.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
He pulled up, just not quite enough to get out of the penalty.

If he does not.. The old "What's the last thing that goes through a bugs mind before it hits the windshield" sentiment applies.
I agree. He absolutely pulled up, but he also absolutely initiated contact with the head. You could tell he didn't mean to hit him as hard as he did when he immediately looked down to see how bad it was and then he immediately looked around for the officials because he knew it was going to be called the second it happened.

I wouldn't have argued if he got a game or two for it. I would've grumbled that others just as bad or worse get let go, but that's just life in the NHL. It's not what they call that pisses you off, it's the stuff they let slide that determines outcomes of games.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I agree. He absolutely pulled up, but he also absolutely initiated contact with the head. You could tell he didn't mean to hit him as hard as he did when he immediately looked down to see how bad it was and then he immediately looked around for the officials because he knew it was going to be called the second it happened.

I wouldn't have argued if he got a game or two for it. I would've grumbled that others just as bad or worse get let go, but that's just life in the NHL. It's not what they call that pisses you off, it's the stuff they let slide that determines outcomes of games.

True..

Hopefully lesson learned without a loss to the team, but he's an on the edge player.

Landy's suspensions over the years (at least one) were something I felt were let go around that time frame.

If there is one thing to agree on it's the NHLs inconsistencies.

Then you sit half the season for being linked to gambling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad