GDT: COL @ VAN: Grudge Match (10:30p ET)

Stallone or DeNiro?

• Stallone

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • DeNiro

Votes: 44 62.0%

• Total voters

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I just found a woman who went through early onset menopause in her early 30s. Solved the whole issue for me with no knife. :nod:
I got divorced after 26 years, and now am an enthusiastic participant in non monogamy.

The knife was necessary.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I got divorced after 26 years, and now am an enthusiastic participant in non monogamy.

The knife was necessary.

This is one reason why I went to Mexico.. Not everyone is upfront about that.

I've always thought.. Imagine if you had four wives, and somehow they were all on it in successive weeks.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I used to work as a the Ring Steward for the AQHA when I first moved up here. There was this judge that we flew up to judge one of the shows. His ranch, he raised quarter horses as well, was in Conroe, TX (his four ex-wives and kids all lived on it, and he lived on a small boat in Galveston.)

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
After a truly putrid first 30 the Avs buckled down and played well.

I thought the additional all looked solid, but still a bit out of sorts. I think Duhaime has been my favorite and I hope by some miracle they can land him on an LOC deal.

Mitts made a couple unbelievable plays and then just passed the puck to no one, if we can find a player or two to gel with him I think the second line starts to click. I could see Lehkonen or Parise working well with him and getting to the right spots so score.
Duhaime is a keeper. Very impressed with his hockey sense.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
3 games back, 3 goals, 5 points, 2 GWG's in front of the net in OT.

Pretty easy to see why Val is so important to this team. They just don't have a power forward or net front presence anything like him.

If Nate wasn't having such an incredible season, Val would be the MVP of the team this year.

avalanche_country

Mar 3, 2004
Denver, CO
IMO, TML fans give EDM fans a run for most pathetic fans.

Minnesota Wild fans are not far behind
Wild fans have mostly shut up since we won the cup two years ago.

They are funny though, their team has won only 1 division title and made it out of the 2nd round once and that was 21 years ago.

They are consistently mediocre though, good enough to make playoffs and that’s it. They need a couple tanking seasons but that won’t help keep 97.

If they don’t hit pay dirt in the 5th round on Kaprizov…….

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Just saw the highlights again. Toews looked so deflated after that 3rd goal. It much be so frustrating to see your goalie continuously let in a goal in such a big moment
I have been an acolyte of St. Patrick who always said..."Let me see the puck, it's my job to stop it.."

Or translated from the french...... "get the f*** out of the way a**hole!

Nothing more frustrating for a defenseman when the goalie should have made the save yet, didn't.

They are funny though, their team has won only 1 division title and made it out of the 2nd round once and that was 21 years ago.

They are consistently mediocre though, good enough to make playoffs and that’s it. They need a couple tanking seasons but that won’t help keep 97.

It's the conceit and arrogance that bothers me. They think they know the game better than anyone else. Because they are from Minnesota ...

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

These things crack me up a bit... and I mean nothing against you @avalanche_country just funny how perspectives change with one thing. Because the Avs won the Cup, all of the other failures are glossed over. Outside 2022, the last time the Avs made it out of the 2nd round was 2002.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I just realised that Canucks tried to "troll" the Avs by playing All the Small Things when they were up 3-0.
giphy-5.gif

Oh man I forgot about that, thanks for reminding me. They got too cocky doing it in the 2nd. Avs always played it late in the 3rd with the game wrapped up.

BTW, I don't think they've played that song once this year at Ball Arena.

I'm guessing somebody thought they could cash in after last year, not realizing who they were dealing with, and priced themselves out.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
I feel bad for JT, but man I just haven't seen an angle where I really see head contact. Granted I'm mostly on mobile. I can't believe there is a thread for it.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Where at in Mexico? Very interested in this.

Somewhere in the Yucatan peninsula.. Could be closer to Mérida or Cancun in the end. There are direct flights into Cancun from Detroit, and it's very reasonable.

What's more tricky is the car rental. Although I'm pretty sure I found a reliable place to rent from that doesn't mess with you. They also use local plates so the cops cannot immediately spot that it's a tourist/rental. I went for two weeks, and drove all over. Fell in love with Mexico, and the women lol.

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
I'm a Canadian currently living in Mexico, and have been lucky enough to see a large part of the country. DM me if you have any specific curiosities. It's a wonderful country for the most part.
I may, I grew up and still live 70 miles from Mexico, but Northern Mexico is kind of a shithole, more interested in the Yucatan Peninsula!

• Love
Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
My wife is Mexican, but from Denver, Co. I'm from Tucson, AZ but I am considering spending part time in Mexico soonish?

It sucks for the people living there that wages are so depressed, but it's insane how far your money goes in some place that beautiful.

Thinking maybe about renovating a place in Playa Del Carmen.

I tried to make friends and contacts while I was there, and I'm working on the language.

Florida got too expensive, and the hurricanes have put insurance prices through the roof.

Then the food en Mexico..

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I may, I grew up and still live 70 miles from Mexico, but Northern Mexico is kind of a shithole, more interested in the Yucatan Peninsula!

I grew up partially in California, and had experienced the same. The Yucatan is absolutely beautiful. No everything isn't in perfect shape, but I never felt unsafe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad