GDT: COL @ VAN: Grudge Match (10:30p ET)

Stallone or DeNiro?

• Stallone

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • DeNiro

Votes: 44 62.0%

• Total voters

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
Well I slept like a baby and got my 8 hours in. With 3 little kids and a pregnant wife, I made the mercy choice of getting some rest.

Woke up to see if we even scored a single consolation goal and had to rub my eyes in disbelief when I saw Colorado highlighted in yellow as the winner.

Unreal. Kudos to you guys who powered through.
l0wuchjw4s031.png

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
To be fair, I would have lost it if one of the Avs players got that same call that Cole did for the 5v3. I'm sorry, but one-handed stick plays are not penalties for the majority of the time, especially that one.
Mack 100% sold that but Cole is a vet and should know better than to put his stick in a guys hands. Canucks fans whining about any team embellishing/diving after the Kesler/Burrows era is rich though

Hughes is having a better 2023-2024 season. Cale is the better player over their careers and when he’s on his game he’s clearly above Hughes. They get so incredibly bent out of shape like we’re just making things up when people state the fact that Cale hasn’t looked right all year

Reactions: CobraAcesS

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Well I slept like a baby and got my 8 hours in. With 3 little kids and a pregnant wife, I made the mercy choice of getting some rest.

Woke up to see if we even scored a single consolation goal and had to rub my eyes in disbelief when I saw Colorado highlighted in yellow as the winner.

Unreal. Kudos to you guys who powered through.

You know... vasectomies are a thing, right? :sarcasm:

AvStock

Mar 15, 2022
Maybe it’s because the Avs are in the west but honestly I find Oilers/Nucks fans to be 10 times worse than Maple Leafs fans.
Huh? The nucks fans are complementing Avs and saying how we deserved it. I don’t see much to complain about on their boards I actually came to like them scrolling through their thread

Reactions: lionsDen

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I don’t mind Habs fans, they stay in their little bubble so I never hear from them on HF or Twitter
They stay in their bubble because their team SUCKS (outside of that COVID-season run, and that was just a miracle run that they were expecting to end at anytime). If they actually become a decent team in the future, they are a pretty annoying bunch (albeit not nearly as annoying as Oil/Nucks).

Reactions: lionsDen

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
What keeps them in check is their lack of success in the playoffs. If that changes we probably won't like it.
It was a pretty annoying weekend when they knocked out Tampa. Thank God Florida ended that joy pretty quickly...

Reactions: GeoRox89

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
The Leafs fans at HF are actually somewhat reasonable, compared to Oil/Nucks/Habs
On here yes. In real life, the Leaf fan calling into radio shows and telling you about the team's misery in a lunchroom can be worse than what we endure in HF. Leaf fans in the T-Dot are some kind of special. I endured two years there and seriously the government should be giving out meds on street corners after games. A lot of those M-fers seem to think every regular season game is akin to a Super Bowl. "Bozak made that bad pass and we blew it because of him!! That asshole should never have made it to the NHL" was the type of crap you'd overhear at lunch. Spend a little there and you'd wish you'd just hear Mikko is too lazy for $9m comments.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
The number of times I sneak away during figure skating to watch hockey on one of the other pads(4 rinks at their skating club) makes my wife think I have chronic diarrhea.

Sucker!
Look here....

I was told, explicitly, by the Dr that "we'll prep the area, numb it a bit and then there will be two snips, some tying, and you'll feel some strong tugging, but it shouldn't be worse than that..."

Motherf***er lied to me. I went in expecting some sort of topical cream applied, like what I believe happened when I had a cavity filled in (they applied a cream to my gums to numb it, and then used a shot to finish the numbing, but I didn't feel the shot, just a strong tugging on my mouth/gums).

That *did not* happen. I f***ing felt the shot to my nutsack, and then felt him cutting in. I told him that, and he was surprised. So they upped the numbing agent on the otherside for when they had to do that side.

The aftermath, yes, I did have to go and make sure there wasn't some infection going on.

That said--you should do it.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
On here yes. In real life, the Leaf fan calling into radio shows and telling you about the team's misery in a lunchroom can be worse than what we endure in HF. Leaf fans in the T-Dot are some kind of special. I endured two years there and seriously the government should be giving out meds on street corners after games. A lot of those M-fers seem to think every regular season game is akin to a Super Bowl. "Bozak made that bad pass and we blew it because of him!! That asshole should never have made it to the NHL" was the type of crap you'd overhear at lunch. Spend a little there and you'd wish you'd just hear Mikko is too lazy for $9m comments.

I usually eat my lunch at the office listening to Leafs Lunch and other shows at midday. It's hilarious. A couple of wins and they're planning the parade. A couple of losses and it's fire and trade everybody under the sun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad