GDT: COL @ VAN: Grudge Match (10:30p ET)

Stallone or DeNiro?

• Stallone

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • DeNiro

Votes: 44 62.0%

• Total voters

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Well I slept like a baby and got my 8 hours in. With 3 little kids and a pregnant wife, I made the mercy choice of getting some rest.

Woke up to see if we even scored a single consolation goal and had to rub my eyes in disbelief when I saw Colorado highlighted in yellow as the winner.

Unreal. Kudos to you guys who powered through.

cccoltsicehockey

May 1, 2014
Charlotte, NC
This morning is rough but extremely happy I stayed up for last nights game.

The intensity after the first half of the first period was great. It would be nice if we could stop gifting early goals but in Nate's post game he stated something very true about the Cup winning season. They just seem to play at another level when they are coming from behind. It is very annoying as a fan to watch and has to be from a coaching perspective as well. They controlled most of that game once behind though and very very physical as well.

landstuhltaylor

Feb 2, 2009
Yeah the dark days around definitely created a pretty distinct type of... humor? I dunno if humor is even the right way to describe it. It's like an evolved form of shit posting.

But yeah, it feels like posters that have been here since the early 2010s have a pretty good grasp of the nonsense we get on with because a lot of it came from those years.

And yet somehow the board seems way more toxic than it ever was back then. I lurk a lot but often times I end up having to just close the browser and move on. As someone guilty of it way too much, sarcasm and negative humor is not a personality trait that should define your existence.

-aimed mostly at posters that are now on ignore and not you personally

Reactions: MoreLikeTurdCrapley

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Well I slept like a baby and got my 8 hours in. With 3 little kids and a pregnant wife, I made the mercy choice of getting some rest.

Woke up to see if we even scored a single consolation goal and had to rub my eyes in disbelief when I saw Colorado highlighted in yellow as the winner.

Unreal. Kudos to you guys who powered through.

Wow, goaltenders are indeed crazy.

:)

Shot attempts were 56-23???

We murdered those fools.

Similar to the Flames game the night before. Goaltender let up 2 goals on the first 2-3 shots, meh first period. Team just rolled them after that. In this game, the Avs kicked their shit in the 3rd period in the 2nd game of a back-to-back. Impressive effort.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Yup still the dumbest fanbase in the league.

Nathan "Preferable treatment" MacKinnon - 28 penalties drawn
Connor "Never gets any calls" McDavid - 37 penalties drawn

What they believe:
View attachment 835600

Reality:
View attachment 835601
The Avs are simultaneously only good because they're favoured by the refs. But such a wagon that they could have won with anyone instead of MacK (who isn't that good).

The same thing with Draisatl being the undisputed second best player in the league (and possibly all time) but somehow McDavid has no support.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Man what would we do without AI?
MacKinnon.gif

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I get that most of it is in good fun and tongue in cheek humor, but it gets a bit overwhelming sometimes because its every single game in a constant stream. Sometimes things are more effective in smaller doses.

IMO, it depends on the thread in the forum, and how seriously and personally certain posters take things.

I personally enjoy good passionate debate. I think one key is to not get too wrapped up in the individual with whom one is debating, and just focus on the topic at hand. I've been here a long damn time, and I've had some real knock-down-drag-outs with @Pierce Hawthorne, @henchman21, @RockLobster, and a number of others. But that doesn't mean for a second that I have any personal animus towards any of them. Disagreements happen in discussions. After awhile, the heated nature of the debate at hand inevitably subsides, and the conclusion I typically come to is that I really enjoy reading those peoples' opinions, and in truth, I've learned a lot from their posts in here. Doesn't mean that I agree with 100% of what they say, but I do respect that they know their shit, and they have a right to their opinion(s).

On the thread front - to me, the in-game GDTs are hard to read sometimes. Before- or after-game is much better, but during the game itself? Sometimes the GDTs read like a bad bi-polar therapy session. I avoid them.

(...as I post this in a GDT) :laugh:

Last edited:

Jazzguitar

Feb 25, 2012
Denver
This morning is rough but extremely happy I stayed up for last nights game.

The intensity after the first half of the first period was great. It would be nice if we could stop gifting early goals but in Nate's post game he stated something very true about the Cup winning season. They just seem to play at another level when they are coming from behind. It is very annoying as a fan to watch and has to be from a coaching perspective as well. They controlled most of that game once behind though and very very physical as well.
I love it for the betting odds though, just wish I was watching the game live last night (Casa Bonita was fun though haha). At 3-0 when they showed the odds at that point I said to my partner, "I wish we were watching live I would drop some money down on that with those odds". It was like -1146 for the Canucks to win at that point lol, would have just dropped like $10-$20 but even then it would have paid for date night 😂.

GeoRox89

Tricky Trees
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Canucks fans are still hilarious.

Some guy about Wood celebrating on the Colton goal - ‘He’s really selling that hard’
The cluster of Avs fans behind the net - ‘The goal????’

I don’t know what that looked like from anywhere else but I have no idea how the ref right there didn’t see it because you could tell what happened from there. Real impressive by the arena crew to not be able to show the replay until after they called it a goal

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Georgiev can suck a lemon BUT I'll give him credit where it's due: he made an absolutely massive save on Hoglander to keep the game tied at 3 with a minute left point blank.
Eh feels more like Hoglander shot it at him. He looked absolutely tiny in net on that play.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Some Canucks fans are unhappy with Mack and the refs. Of course.
To be fair, I would have lost it if one of the Avs players got that same call that Cole did for the 5v3. I'm sorry, but one-handed stick plays are not penalties for the majority of the time, especially that one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad