GWT: CL Match Day 1

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Like I said, if he did that's technically violent conduct. One can argue the degree, but it's by definition violent conduct.

It's the confusing childishness of it that gets me. Most everyone else that wanted to pull hair would grab a whole handful.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Good thing Sane wasn't selected to the german team. They might have been through the group stage otherwise.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
It's the confusing childishness of it that gets me. Most everyone else that wanted to pull hair would grab a whole handful.

Well to be fair there wasn't much hair to pull at. Still this is nothing new from him. He's actively got away with punching players in the past and he does all other sorts of nonsense. It's clearly the sort of person he is too. I mean who actually says something like this about their son:

"He says he will be better than I, but I think it will be difficult."

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Like I said, if he did that's technically violent conduct.

Touching someone's head isn't automatically violent conduct. What Ronaldo did is a prime example of a situation where you touch a head without committing violence. If you're really harsh you show him the yellow cars, but the red is laughable.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Touching someone's head isn't automatically violent conduct. What Ronaldo did is a prime example of a situation where you touch a head without committing violence. If you're really harsh you show him the yellow cars, but the red is laughable.

Did you not watch the videos posted by @TheLeastOfTheBunch or are you just using revisionism when you say "touching someone's head"? For starters, he didn't just touch his head. Second, like I said, by definition it's violence. Look up what the word violence means.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Damn, you can't miss that again. Lyon should have scored a 3rd a long time ago. This will come back to haunt them.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
WTF is that? Ederson heads the ball out of the box, Ndombele jumps between the goalie and the ball, and Ederson puts him on the ground.
No foul... :huh:
One minute before, Silva tackled a Lyon player from behind, ref played the advantage (there wasn't any really) and didn't give a card.

Sigh....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad