GWT: CL Match Day 1

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
I have seen a couple of replays now, but I still have no idea what Ronaldo got the red card for.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Now that I saw it, I think Juve might have a case for an appeal.

All BT Sports studio guys played with Ronaldo at United and they all said he can get a bit nippy(?) or something. :laugh:

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Young Boys unlucky to be losing. Great finish by Pogba and a terrible penalty call. So far, Fred is making me miss Anderson.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Ronaldo got carded because he pulled the opposition player's hair. Ronaldo being Ronaldo couldn't control himself and his ego. I'd say what he did constitutes violent conduct. It may be a minor instance of it, but still technically violent conduct.

Guess which one of these was a yellow and which was a red. :laugh:

:facepalm: That top video is clearly altered.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
As the overwhelming majority of those who posted an opinion on it, I also think that’ll get overturned and he’ll get no further suspension.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Ronaldo got carded because he pulled the opposition player's hair. Ronaldo being Ronaldo couldn't control himself and his ego. I'd say what he did constitutes violent conduct. It may be a minor instance of it, but still technically violent conduct.

:facepalm: That top video is clearly altered.

No, it's not.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
Isco with a free kick goal that looked as effortless as Messi's yesterday. Madrid needed that considering the excellent chances they created early on weren't coming so easily anymore.

Great free kick but gotta wonder why they put a midget in prime position in the wall..

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Great free kick but gotta wonder why they put a midget in prime position in the wall..

Yeah, a better wall might have stopped that. Still pretty effortless take. I think Madrid looked like winning all along, but their chances weren't as good as the half wore on and with Ramos on a yellow you never know what might happen. Still even with 10 men I could see them winning this.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
OK, City might win this game, for all I care, the point will stand.

Where are all the posters yesterday talking trash about L1?
Saying PSG couldn't win because they were not facing good enough opposition?
Weren't used to teams that were pressing them (like Lyon is pressing City in midfield)?
Saying draws and reffing are excuses but rather than low level "farmers" league was the reason for PSG's failure to win the CL?
Also saying EPL bottom teams were so far better than L1 bottom teams it was not comparable.
And also that yesterday's result means Liverpool is a better team than PSG and thus drew conclusions from one single game.

Now, Lyon finished so far from PSG last year it was not even funny.
This year, they've struggled, grabbed a late tie in Caen last weekend.
Caen was more dangerous to Lyon than City today.
If you get the chance, get a look at the Guingamp/PSG game. Guingamp is last in the league with 0 point. In the first half, Guingamp dominated PSG. Like Liverpool couldn't do yesterday. PSG won because of individual brilliance from Mbappe, that's all.

Of course, teams don't play the same way in Europe. But this should teach a lesson to all these posters commenting on a league they're not even watching (even though I know it won't).

EDIT : Forgot the soon to be dominant Serie A team so vastly superior to the french top 4 teams.

Reactions: Gecklund

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
He did barely pull some hair, but the extent of what he did shouldn't be worth a red card. Still he is 33 and should know better than to pull hair like a little girl.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
He did barely pull some hair, but the extent of what he did shouldn't be worth a red card. Still he is 33 and should know better than to pull hair like a little girl.

Like I said, if he did that's technically violent conduct. One can argue the degree, but it's by definition violent conduct.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad