GWT: CL Match Day 1

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Ndombele is showing City what a great midfielder is.

Pep is already preparing a 150M bid for him this winter :D

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
City don't even miss Kevin de Bruyne tbh.
Lyon with a counter 4 on 3. Depay keeps the ball for himself and gets defended into a throwin... for City.

That is exactly why he won't ever be a top player.
True, I've never seen a top player ever throw away a good position before, or be selfish. So there is that.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
It's an absolute joke that VAR hasn't been implemented in the UCL. I can't think of any reason not to other than that it makes it harder to rig the competition for the Spanish teams.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Ronaldo had to do something to take the spotlight back from Douglas Costa. It was either that or scoring goals. Seeing that his form in front of goal isn't so great lately, he chose getting sent off.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Game is 1-0. They have a great chance for 2-0. His 3 teammates proposed him 3 excellent choices. He made the wrong one.

Top players make great choices. Depay keeps on making the same mistakes and he's not learning.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It's an absolute joke that VAR hasn't been implemented in the UCL. I can't think of any reason not to other than that it makes it harder to rig the competition for the Spanish teams.

UEFA wanted it but the organization of it wasn't ready. They announced they'll have it next season for the CL and in 2020-21 in the Europa League.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Wow, that's actually a tactical master class from Genesio here.
Team is extremely well organised, has had the better chances and is creating excellent chances out of turnovers.

2-0 now with a magic Fekir !

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Aouar is also having a great game.
Fekir, Aouar, Ndombele... and then very solid defending. Depay creating a turnover there. Nice.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Game is 1-0. They have a great chance for 2-0. His 3 teammates proposed him 3 excellent choices. He made the wrong one.

Top players make great choices. Depay keeps on making the same mistakes and he's not learning.
I mean...top players make terrible choices all the time. All you have to do is look at yesterday's Liverpool/PSG game as an example of that.

Memphis is coming off a 22 goal, 16 assist season with Lyon and is currently their most productive player this season. He must be progressing in some way.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Isco with a free kick goal that looked as effortless as Messi's yesterday. Madrid needed that considering the excellent chances they created early on weren't coming so easily anymore.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Wow, that's actually a tactical master class from Genesio here.
Team is extremely well organised, has had the better chances and is creating excellent chances out of turnovers.

2-0 now with a magic Fekir !

City is also awful when trying to regroup after losing the ball. Not going to say I thought Lyon would win but the Shakhtar and Liverpool games are a great blueprint for any team to follow.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
City is also awful when trying to regroup after losing the ball. Not going to say I thought Lyon would win but the Shakhtar and Liverpool games are a great blueprint for any team to follow.
The key is to dominate midfield, create turnovers, and have quick players that make great plays. They also need to defend well together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad