Valencia v Juventus
Benifica v Bayern
Plzen v CSKA Moscow
Man City v Lyon
Young Boys v Man United

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
French teams are going to crash this week.
Monaco is looking like shit right now. And they have an extremely long list of injuries, including their top 3 strikers and their most creative midfielder.
Lyon is looking awful as well. City will toy with them. Defensively, they look awful.

PSG is not looking ready either. Tuchel hasn't been able to have a full squad yet and has changed tacs many times without finding the right formula yet. They'll be better in february, for sure, but won't look very good until then IMO. No Verratti, Alves and Kurzawa meaning Marqui could start in midfield, and Bernat (1 competitive game this year) and Meunier will defend Mane and Salah. LOL.
I'd rather start youngster Nsoki, but I don't believe Tuchel will dare to.

3 losses is my bet. 1 blowout (Lyon) and good clear loss (Monaco) and one 2 or 1 goal loss (PSG).

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm nervous about the game against PSG. I think Liverpool should win but there's enough talent in that attack that if they are as wasteful as they've been so far this season it could end up coming back to haunt them. I'm not really sure how TAA is going to handle Neymar either which is the match-up I'm most wary about. Salah needs to bring his level up for this game, and hopefully Mane doesn't have one of his off games.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Delaney and Alcacer are out injured for tomorrow's game. I'm wondering if that gives a window for Goetze to return or if Favre once again puts Reus at CAM. Reus doesn't belong at that position. I guess we'll see what happens. Pulisic is fit again, but there's no need to rush him back into the lineup.

We aren't playing great, but I think we still should beat Brugge on the road. Our defense has been stout so far this season. The offense has been bad, but thats what you get when you set the team up like Favre has been doing.

Likely lineup:

---------------------Buerki------------------------
Piszczek----Akanji------Diallo-----Schmelzer
------------Witsel-------Dahoud---------------
-------------------Reus---------------------------
Wolf------------Philipp-----------------Sancho

I wouldn't be shocked if Goetze or Weigl gets a start, but I'm not expecting it. Pulisic could be rushed back into the lineup, but I also don't expect it. The rest will probably remain like that. Backline and goalie has been unchanged all season and has done well. I don't think Favre will change it for the first UCL game.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It's unknown if Firmino will play after getting clawed in the eye.

I think he should wear goggles like Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, but I don't know if this is a real option.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Between the horrible draw. the awful start to the season and DAZN ruining CL soccer in Canada I had no idea CL started this week.

Spurs were already in tough with a healthy squad but really have no shot to get even a draw now with the injuries.

There was no way to predict that depth would be an issue for Spurs and they really could have used soccer having some sort of time frame in the off-season where you could add guys to your team so you weren't so reliant on the same 11 guys all the time. But what can you do maybe in the future EPL teams will have that ability and Spurs could then ensure they weren't screwing their fans over with zero depth.

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
What a defeatist... you are playing Inter Milan not some elite club. They have their fair share of injuries their captain and best player didn't start on the weekend and the prime signing is injured as well. Factor in the fact they have been abysmal to start the season, if you going in with that sort of mentality as Tottenham you might as well fold the club.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
What a defeatist... you are playing Inter Milan not some elite club. They have their fair share of injuries their captain and best player didn't start on the weekend and the prime signing is injured as well. Factor in the fact they have been abysmal to start the season, if you going in with that sort of mentality as Tottenham you might as well fold the club.

Tottenham couldn't beat a pathetic Watford team that most U-6 teams in my small city in Canada could easily handle and that was with a healthy squad. They just lost to a meh Liverpool team at "home" as well.

Now they are going to go to Inter with Vorm in net and no Alli and beat Inter? No chance.

Inter may not be elite but neither is Tottenham, not even close. And Poch and Levy already decided to fold the season before it even started so no surprise that after seeing how god awful they have been to start the season that fans are following suit.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
lol... Spurs fans, you are a better team than Inter. Just because you've lost a couple games domestically doesn't mean you're not a good side. Unless Spalletti comes up with some genius tactical plan (doubt it), you guys should be able to impose your will on the match.

I'm not saying a win is guaranteed at the San Siro , but getting at least a draw is certainly a reasonable expectation. If you score the 1st goal , Inter will collapse, because Spalletti has no idea how to handle adversity and his players feel that.

And if you want to look at domestic form and be critical , it should be Inter's that's criticized. They've been dreadful. But, as we all know, the CL can be completely different than the league, so I wouldn't put a ton of stock into domestic form.

That said, Spurs have the better squad and the better manager, in my honest opinion.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Barca v PSV (2-0)
Inter v Spurs (1-2)
Brugge v Dortmund (1-1)
Schalke v Porto (0-0)
Monaco v Atletico Madrid (2-2)
Liverpool v PSG (1-1)
Red Star v Napoli (1-2)
Galatasaray v Lokomotiv (1-0)

Wednesday
Ajax v AEK (2-0)
Shakhtar v Hoffenheim (0-0)
Real Madrid v Roma (1-0)
Valencia v Juventus (1-1)
Benifica v Bayern (2-3)
Plzen v CSKA Moscow (0-1)
Man City v Lyon (2-1)
Young Boys v Man United (1-2)

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Tottenham couldn't beat a pathetic Watford team that most U-6 teams in my small city in Canada could easily handle and that was with a healthy squad. They just lost to a meh Liverpool team at "home" as well.

Now they are going to go to Inter with Vorm in net and no Alli and beat Inter? No chance.

Inter may not be elite but neither is Tottenham, not even close. And Poch and Levy already decided to fold the season before it even started so no surprise that after seeing how god awful they have been to start the season that fans are following suit.
So much hyperbole, how can anyone take you serious?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Turns out Tuchel really has balls since he's starting youngster Nsoki tonight over Bernat.
Good choice but risky obviously. 3 pro games.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
CL not on cable in Canada anymore, that sucks. I am not paying 20$ a month for DAZN when I cannot watch the games live as I am at work AND already pay 10$ a month on BeIN to watch RMCF.

On an unrelated note, same thing happened to Center Ice on Videotron. I have to buy the damn streaming service to watch the Pens.

I could go all illegal and use reddit, but meh.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
CL not on cable in Canada anymore, that sucks. I am not paying 20$ a month for DAZN when I cannot watch the games live as I am at work AND already pay 10$ a month on BeIN to watch RMCF.

I would be willing to pay in the quality wasn’t so awful.

$20 to watch scrambled video and buffering issues isn’t close to worth it.

I guess UEFA only cares about the most money and not the fans, especially in Canada, but going with DAZN was such a horrible decision and an absolute kick in the balls for soccer fans in Canada. I hope that crappy company goes out of business before the EPL rights come up.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
I've had zero issues with DAZN so far. Their Serie A coverage is a MASSIVE improvement over the 2 games a week BeIN showed and the non-HD garbage that RAI fed us in Canada.

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton

On an unrelated note, same thing happened to Center Ice on Videotron. I have to buy the damn streaming service to watch the Pens.

I could go all illegal and use reddit, but meh.
DAZN has BeIN feeds, which means you can watch all of the La Liga games on their platform.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
DAZN are horrible.

I would never go back... I complained so many times about their streaming and they don't care.

Timeless Winter

SaveD the Crew
Oct 13, 2006
Cleveland, Ohio
Wow, so I can't watch Champions league, Serie A, or most EPL games unless I shell out $200 bucks a month for 3 different apps?? Bullshit.

Way to kill soccer viewership in the US.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->