• Bradenathon Schneider

• Igargoile Shesterkin

Results are only viewable after voting.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Goaltending is mediocre, the team actually plays pretty good defense despite what people say. And I will admit Igor's good on high danger chances but gives up softies all the friggin time, it's infuriating. Also Igor is above average but not by a lot and Halak is below average for the most part despite playing better and being on a 6 game winning streak. Georgiev had similar streak last year and was awful.

You don't have the 3rd lowest GA in the league with Mediocre goaltending, once again, stop it.

7th in the league in GSAx via Evolving-Hockey for Igor at 15.75, Halak is 1.76 GSAx. Far from league average.

the biggest difference in Igor's game this year vs last year is PK.

He straight up carried it last year. He hasn't done that this year.

He's also sucked at home which is weird.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Goaltending is mediocre, the team actually plays pretty good defense despite what people say. And I will admit Igor's good on high danger chances but gives up softies all the friggin time, it's infuriating. Also Igor is above average but not by a lot and Halak is below average for the most part despite playing better and being on a 6 game winning streak. Georgiev had similar streak last year and was awful.
I stopped reading at Igor is above average but not by a lot.You have some unrealistic views about goalies

Reactions: NYROrtsFan

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
Give Igor the Carolina road game this weekend, he will sleep better Friday night in the hotel.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
"Our goaltending is bad!"

NHL scoring in 2023:
BB-1576-42.jpg

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Krav does have a flair for the dramatics, I think this season might all be a buildup to him coming out of nowhere in the playoffs to put on one of his signature dominant playoff performances and win the Conn Smythe

Remember when he was going to outscore both Laf and Kakko?

Laf has matched Krav's production this year in his last 6 games. Kakko has more points in his last 7 than Krav has all season lmao.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Shesterkin is 22-8 with a .918 save % and 2.45GA. Those are good numbers. It's hard to duplicate what he did last year. The 3rd goal he allowed was trash though.

He should have a save % of above .920 and I'd say closer to .925. I never expected him to have a .935 this season. Look at Sorokin he's consistent. Oh yeah, he has 5 shutouts while Shesterkin has 1.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
That would absolutely happen on here.

Message boards aren't built for celebrations- dancing, embracing, fireworks.

They work better for impartial discussions, but complaining is easier to put into words than praise sometimes.

Might explain the discrepancy in positive/negative posting

Kodiak

Feb 27, 2002
Ranger fan in Philly
The third pairing was horrendous and the fourth line is completely useless. Blais and Cuylle will hit when given the opportunity, but that’s about it. None of them are adding anything to the team. So let’s say it’s late in a game and you want to spell some of your forwards that are weaker defensively (Panarin and Lafreniere) to protect the lead. How would you do that with this fourth line? They are all worse defensively than our worst forwards in the top nine.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Message boards aren't built for celebrations- dancing, embracing, fireworks.

They work better for impartial discussions, but complaining is easier to put into words than praise sometimes.

Might explain the discrepancy in positive/negative posting
Some criticism is warranted but some of this board is bat shit crazy with what they complain about. This is a very good team that is 18-4-3 over the least 2 months and have beat plenty of playoff teams in that stretch. That's pretty damn good.

Remember when he was going to outscore both Laf and Kakko?

Laf has matched Krav's production this year in his last 6 games. Kakko has more points in his last 7 than Krav has all season lmao.
I bet him on that but I forgot what the bet was for.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
The third pairing was horrendous and the fourth line is completely useless. Blais and Cuylle will hit when given the opportunity, but that’s about it. None of them are adding anything to the team. So let’s say it’s late in a game and you want to spell some of your forwards that are weaker defensively (Panarin and Lafreniere) to protect the lead. How would you do that with this fourth line? They are all worse defensively than our worst forwards in the top nine.
The 3rd pairing and 4th line will look different in 3 weeks.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Sorokin's team is far worse than the Rangers. I'm not completely denying that though because we were all not happy with Halak early on even though some of the games he lost just because the team in front of him couldn't score.

He also lost 5 in a row from Late November to early December where he gave up 5,3,5 and 2 goals (twice, one of the games was on 20 shots.)

The 5 shutouts actually go against the consistency angle btw.

Yeah his team sucks defensively, but he hasn't been "so" much better.

He also wore the f*** down and sucked ass at the end of last year and I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen again this year.

markymarc1215

Jan 8, 2023
Southwest Florida
Another strong game and points for each Kid Line member. Chytil is just in the zone now and both KK and Laf are benefitting from Chytil's confidence as a driver of that line. KK is a different player this year and I am thrilled for him. Just needs to shoot the puck.

Next up, Jimmy Vesey surpasses Panarin's goal total! Coming soon.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Garland, Miller, Podkolzin.

The three players mentioned most in rumors with Vancouver in the past 2 seasons on the Roster building thread all get on the board tonight for the Canucks.

They have some issues to overcome but I think you can already see some of Tocchet coming through with that team. They didn’t give up. They keep fighting back. I think he will elevate the compete level on that club.

Big night for K’Andre. 3 helpers. Love to see it. Drury, having to get him to sign for less… He doesn’t love to see it.

Lafreniere stole Troubas goal. but if that’s what it takes to keep momentum then so be it!

Trocheck and Kreider got it going. Until Trocheck almost killed him. Get these guys a RW already. If the Rangers play the Devs, this line may be the most important role. Especially if Meier goes to the Devs And plays with Hughes. #16 owned the face off circle tonight. 75% on the night.

Kakko in the corners, digging pucks and making plays. Blows my mind this kid still gets heat.

Sorry Chytil, you were robbed by mr official tonight. Another really strong performance. 18Mons with with PP1, and he can be a PPG producer. With that said he need to work on those face offs. He was 1 for 8 against the Flames. Tonight he was 2 for 5.

Every game at some point I say to myself this Zibanejad Panarin combo just doesn’t really work. They they come out with a shift, score a goal and make me think they just need more time together.

Trouba follows up his amazing physical performance by getting himself 2 helpers Tonight. Keep it up Capt!

Did Cuylle get benched?

4th line needs help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad