• Adamant Fox

• Ronald Lindgren

• Benjamin Harpur

• Bradenathon Schneider

• Igargoile Shesterkin

Results are only viewable after voting.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I think the score could have easily been 4-2 or 5-2.
The clumsy non-icing call that gave Vancouver a freebie and the empty net situation.
This was a pretty solid, if quiet, win.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Happy with the 2pts. They played well in spurts but it was a very low energy game. The kind of game I would have hated to have purchased tickets for.

Man that fourth line is so nerve wracking. They are not trustworthy. Blais is either being showcased or they are just praying things are going to magically click. His inability to pivot or turn quickly makes him very ineffective. He was mediocre defensively to begin with.

Jake L is a nightmare positionally, he shows aggression defending but otherwise makes managing the puck in all zones really challenging for teammates. He will basically block shots, maybe win some draws and seems likable but that’s it.

And Cuylle ain’t ready. He’s playing too tentatively at times. Still he’s the best part of that line.

Whatever physicality that line could have isn’t able to surface given how lacking it is in other ways.

Brodzinski, Kravtsov and Gauthier is easily an upgrade…for now.

Schneider is fighting it right now and Harpur is looking very poor suddenly.

Kreider limped off after his Zibby hug. I hope that isn’t a new lingering injury.

Not sure what’s up with Panarin but in addition to lacking that extra step he’s also consistently missing the net. But even worse, after he drew that penalty in the third, he completely ignored the bench as GG sent the kids out to start the Pp. He just wrapped up a very long shift and was like nope, I’m staying on for the PP. That really irked me. They went to commercial break and of course when play resumed the normal pp1 started. And of course that whole PP stunk. Both lines stunk. But that’s the kind of BS that can wear on team chemistry. Not only Panarin staying out and not even checking with the bench but GG just letting Panarin dictate what line ought to be out there. That’s one of those small selfish things that can wear on a team.

On the positive side, Panarin has made some terrific defensive plays with his stick in the last several weeks.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Happy with the 2pts. They played well in spurts but it was a very low energy game. The kind of game I would have hated to have purchased tickets for.

Man that fourth line is so nerve wracking. They are not trustworthy. Blais is either being showcased or they are just praying things are going to magically click. His inability to pivot or turn quickly makes him very ineffective. He was mediocre defensively to begin with.

Jake L is a nightmare positionally, he shows aggression defending but otherwise makes managing the puck in all zones really challenging for teammates. He will basically block shots, maybe win some draws and seems likable but that’s it.

And Cuylle ain’t ready. He’s playing too tentatively at times. Still he’s the best part of that line.

Whatever physicality that line could have isn’t able to surface given how lacking it is in other ways.

Brodzinski, Kravtsov and Gauthier is easily an upgrade…for now.

Schneider is fighting it right now and Harpur is looking very poor suddenly.

Kreider limped off after his Zibby hug. I hope that isn’t a new lingering injury.

Not sure what’s up with Panarin but in addition to lacking that extra step he’s also consistently missing the net. But even worse, after he drew that penalty in the third, he completely ignored the bench as GG sent the kids out to start the Pp. He just wrapped up a very long shift and was like nope, I’m staying on for the PP. That really irked me. They went to commercial break and of course when play resumed the normal pp1 started. And of course that whole PP stunk. Both lines stunk. But that’s the kind of BS that can wear on team chemistry. Not only Panarin staying out and not even checking with the bench but GG just letting Panarin dictate what line ought to be out there. That’s one of those small selfish things that can wear on a team.

On the positive side, Panarin has made some terrific defensive plays with his stick in the last several weeks.
That’s what I see with Blais too. He just doesn’t seem to have the confidence to make hard turns/cuts/pivots. I assume he physically can, but just won’t. I hope he can get that back soon. It must be hugely frustrating for him.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Most boring 4-3 game I ever attended.
Sorry man, it didn‘t look any more exciting on TV, lol.

Message boards aren't built for celebrations- dancing, embracing, fireworks.

They work better for impartial discussions, but complaining is easier to put into words than praise sometimes.

Might explain the discrepancy in positive/negative posting

Forums are going to have negativity and criticism and there is nothing wrong with it. As long as people aren’t going at each-other with personal attacks, then it’s all good.

This place would be boring if everyone agreed with each-other and were always positive. Lol.

Reactions: leetch99 and Atax

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Here's what I want from my goalies.

I'm not gonna rely on you to carry the team to wins, but I do not want you to lose me games.

Shesty may not be stealing games, but is also not losing us any either where Halak earlier in the season was.

This is why I don't think you need to pay goalies 8+ per year.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
I don't think he's a top 1/4 goalie in the league this year. He's just kind of there. I can't think of one game he stole and I can think of several he's blown. Part of it is because this is a better team than last year though when they NEEDED him to steal games.
He's 10th in SV%. Was 8th before last night. He needs to be better but goaltending around the league is pretty abysmal.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Here's what I want from my goalies.

I'm not gonna rely on you to carry the team to wins, but I do not want you to lose me games.

Shesty may not be stealing games, but is also not losing us any either where Halak earlier in the season was.

This is why I don't think you need to pay goalies 8+ per year.

Then you get the goalies who do lose games for you. Best players deserved to get paid the most, regardless of their position (even though of course i'd rather pay Igor 6M his whole career).

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Binnington won
Kuemper won
Murray won

There are only three goalies that make more than 6.4 per year and only ONE of those guys won a cup
Not sure what that is proving. There are also tons of goalies making under 6 who haven't sniffed the cup. The best goalies make the most money, Igor will get paid, Sorokin will get paid, Ottinger will get paid etc. We aren't going to let Igor go and then sign some average goalie and hope he has a fluke season like Binnington and Murray had. And we will never have the offensive team that allowed the Avs to have an average goalie win the cup.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
The Pettersson goal was a softie by Igor, but the refs and the Rangers d-men lazily going back had a hand in it. The other 2 were not his fault at all, and I thought he made some enormous saves standing tall in the 3rd when Vancouver was pushing. He was also Brodeur-esque as a 3rd Defenseman back there handling the puck. Tough crowd.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Not sure what that is proving. There are also tons of goalies making under 6.4 who haven't sniffed the cup and a cup contender would never think about signing in hopes to win a cup. The best goalies make the most money, Igor will get paid, Sorokin will get paid, Ottinger will get paid etc. We aren't going to let Igor go and hope, oh lets sign some average goalie and hope he has a fluke season like Binnington and Murray had.
The best DONT make the most.

Bobrovsky is shit. He is tops at 12 per

Markstrom is shit. He is 3rd

Price is still listed at 4

Murray at 5

Lehner at 6

Gibson at 7

Ullmark and Shesty round out the top ten.

Tampa is the exception and they have 1 cup with Vasi under his new contract.

Deleted member 23124

I noticed a couple of times that Panny did not go off during a shift change (and he had ample opportunity to do so).

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
The best DONT make the most.

Bobrovsky is shit. He is tops at 12 per

Markstrom is shit. He is 3rd

Price is still listed at 4

Murray at 5

Lehner at 6

Gibson at 7

Ullmark and Shesty round out the top ten.

Tampa is the exception and they have 1 cup with Vasi under his new contract.
Bob WAS the best at one point. Markstrom WAS a top goalie at one point. Price WAS a top goalie at one point.

And those contracts are old, cap going up means salaries go up. I still don't understand your point. We aren't going to let Igor go to sign an average goalie.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Bob WAS the best at one point. Markstrom WAS a top goalie at one point. Price WAS a top goalie at one point.

And those contracts are old, cap going up means salaries go up. I still don't understand your point. We aren't going to let Igor go to sign an average goalie.
I think it will be a mistake to give Shesty 8+ like I thought it was a mistake to give Hank 8.5

Whe it's proven time and again it's not necessary

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

Wasnt Markstrom runner up for the Vezina last year? He isnt the issue with that Flames team.

Fire Gallant. :sarcasm:

Dare I say, Gallant has been good since his head was in the guillotine? He's figured out an effective top 9 and is using the Kids like he should. Dealing with this enigmatic version of Panarin is a tall task but I kinda think he's headed in the right direction too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad