• Benjamin Harpur

• Bradenathon Schneider

• Igargoile Shesterkin

Results are only viewable after voting.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Is the rule that it has to be a breakaway? If so I think it's too strict because you can still have an open lane to the net that would be an automatic goal without a breakaway.
Nope, just no opposition player between them and the goal
1675915490480.png

Should have been a goal:

1675915445840.png

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
You're right about Halak, the praise he was getting was over the top. Shesterkin has not been great but I'd still take him over almost any other goalie in the NHL.

It hurts how much better Sorokin is this year. Shesterkin has no consistency. Great rookie year (albeit short), shit second year, all time great third year, shit fourth year. The guy has the talent but is mentally really really weak. Even last year his feelings got hurt because the crowd in Pittsburgh chanted his name in a mocking tone and he completely shit the bed in games 3 and 4. The guys has million dollar talent and a 5 cent head.

Nope, just no opposition player between them and the goal
View attachment 647456

Should have been a goal:

View attachment 647455

100% by the letter of the law. I wonder if the ref didn't know the rule. This was clear as day.

BleedBlueNYR

Jan 25, 2019
New York
It hurts how much better Sorokin is this year. Shesterkin has no consistency. Great rookie year (albeit short), shit second year, all time great third year, shit fourth year. The guy has the talent but is mentally really really weak. Even last year his feelings got hurt because the crowd in Pittsburgh chanted his name in a mocking tone and he completely shit the bed in games 3 and 4. The guys has million dollar talent and a 5 cent head.
If we're being honest the entire playoff run was a step down from his regular season. It certainly wasn't like the days of Lundqvist single handedly carrying the Rangers deep.

Gallant hates Kravs. I could see him being traded at the deadline.
Good.

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019

100% by the letter of the law. I wonder if the ref didn't know the rule. This was clear as day.
If this year is shit, there’s a LOT of worse than shit goaltending going on. Probably more than 3/4 of the league.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
If this year is shit, there’s a LOT of worse than shit goaltending going on. Probably more than 3/4 of the league.

I don't think he's a top 1/4 goalie in the league this year. He's just kind of there. I can't think of one game he stole and I can think of several he's blown. Part of it is because this is a better team than last year though when they NEEDED him to steal games.

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY

These refs suck!!

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
If we're being honest the entire playoff run was a step down from his regular season. It certainly wasn't like the days of Lundqvist single handedly carrying the Rangers deep.

Good.

The hell? Lmao.

Dude rocked a .929 save percentage in the playoffs and would have been our Conn Smythe winner. Would have been Hank's 3rd highest SV% in the playoffs and the highest one he had with out Torts.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
BTW, the fact that the Rangers are top 3 in the league in goals against with average at best goaltending this season (including Halak in this) is a very good sign but they need last year's Shesterkin or something similar to make noise in the playoffs. They're talented but there are more talented teams out there.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Each of the top 3 lines scored and the Kid line had 2 goals.

Miller had 3 points and should have had 4.

All of this happened and the game still sucked. I'm not sure what the f*** was going on on that 3rd goal against but it looked like the refs completely f***ed that one up but pretty much the entire team was asleep tonight.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
BTW, the fact that the Rangers are top 3 in the league in goals against with average at best goaltending this season (including Halak in this) is a very good sign but they need last year's Shesterkin or something similar to make noise in the playoffs. They're talented but there are more talented teams out there.

I think you just refuted your own point lmao.

Lol they don't have league average goaltending, stop it.

BleedBlueNYR

Jan 25, 2019
New York
Cause of the 8PM start!!
I could not for the life of me understand why everyone was up in arms over that. They were even whining about it on the main board. I'm a simple man I turn on the game when John Giannone tells me to and don't question it.

The joke on here has always been that if we won the Cup in 7 people would be in the PGT complaining that we should have done it in 6...
Great teams wrap it up in 5.

Reactions: McRanger92

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I think you just refuted your own point lmao.

Lol they don't have league average goaltending, stop it.

Goaltending is mediocre, the team actually plays pretty good defense despite what people say. And I will admit Igor's good on high danger chances but gives up softies all the friggin time, it's infuriating. Also Igor is above average but not by a lot and Halak is below average for the most part despite playing better and being on a 6 game winning streak. Georgiev had similar streak last year and was awful.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Shesterkin is 22-8 with a .918 save % and 2.45GA. Those are good numbers. It's hard to duplicate what he did last year. The 3rd goal he allowed was trash though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad