• Ronald Lindgren

• Benjamin Harpur

• Bradenathon Schneider

• Igargoile Shesterkin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
Fire Gallant. :sarcasm:
I'll play along. What has he specifically done where you really thought his strategy and planning made a difference? This new 1st and 4th line he's put together? That leading to wins? Yikes. Best thing he did was put the kids together, the line he broke up in game 6 by benching Kakko so he could play a plug and also play an injured Strome.

This team is better than most. Any coach should be able to have success.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
I'll play along. What has he specifically done where you really thought his strategy and planning made a difference? This new 1st and 4th line he's put together? That leading to wins? Yikes. Best thing he did was put the kids together, the line he broke up in game 6 by benching Kakko so he could play a plug and also play an injured Strome.

He hasn't done anything different. A number of our better players just stopped playing like reheated dog shit.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Gallant is not perfect, no coach ever is. But they are winning with the kids starting to strive. Not really all his fault if Panarin , Trouba , and some other vets have been struggling a little .

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
They have some issues to overcome but I think you can already see some of Tocchet coming through with that team. They didn’t give up. They keep fighting back. I think he will elevate the compete level on that club.
They have good pieces on that roster. Very good pieces in fact. If Tocchet can get them to play and Demko bounces back, they can absolutely make the playoffs in the future (especially in the weak West).

That said, they are still a long way from becoming a contender and the thing is, I don't see how they are going to become one soon either. They have too many bad contracts, not enough prospects etc.

Reactions: Lion Hound

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
Gallant is not perfect, no coach ever is. But they are winning with the kids starting to strive. Not really all his fault if Panarin , Trouba , and some other vets have been struggling a little .
To some extent. It is partially his fault if Trouba was hurt and he was playing him anyway. It is definitely his fault if Panarin makes a terrible play in a terrible moment and doesn't face the tiniest consequence.

Reactions: CLW

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Binnington won
Kuemper won
Murray won

There are only three goalies that make more than 7.75 per year and only ONE of those guys won a cup
Any average or even below goalie can pull a nice run once in a while - even a season long one. But such performances can’t be counted on - these goalies won’t give your team a consistent chance year in and year out. More likely because of inconsistencies in performance from these goalies they are even more likely to ruin good team’s chances to go on SC run.

Reactions: haveandare

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
If this year is shit, there’s a LOT of worse than shit goaltending going on. Probably more than 3/4 of the league.
Agreed. In a year where scoring is UP, and PP pctg's league wide are UP it stands to reason that he and many others' performance based #'s are down.
If he simply doesn't allow those softies, he'd be right near the top.

My belief is, he hasn't been playing ENOUGH. I get it, they don't want to burn him out, so we cannot have our cake and eat it too. We will see come PO time, how that pans out.

Reactions: Cuckoo4Kakko

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
K'Andre Miller is the first Rangers first round pick since the letter to record a three point game.

Think about the territory that covers and get depressed.
That’s absurd. Tbh though, it’s really hard to have a 3pts night without pp production.

I’d be curious to see how many vets have had 3pts nights just on even strength

Reactions: Cuckoo4Kakko

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Dare I say, Gallant has been good since his head was in the guillotine? He's figured out an effective top 9 and is using the Kids like he should. Dealing with this enigmatic version of Panarin is a tall task but I kinda think he's headed in the right direction too.

No, gallant is still awful and deserves to be fired.

He does deserve some credit in not benching the kids lately. But he probably will at one point bc thats who he is.

He really needs to figure out the other 3 lines. Goodrow and vesey are just misplaced. Krav needs to play. Gaut should probably be in somewhere too. Keep blais benched bc he is useless.

Leshshsysysysudhb is awful. Harpur is awful. I know hajek sucks but it might be time to give him a game or two.

And he still hasnt tried fixing the PP units.

So no, we are still winning in spite of him. We are winning because we have good talent and we are a good team. We are not winning bc of his decisions.

Atax

Apr 7, 2011
18-4-3 in their last 25.
Had to do a double take. That's pretty impressive. They havent been pretty, but whatever. I just wish we didnt roll out one of the worst 4th lines in the NHL (with better players sitting) and Harpur.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Not every win needs to be pretty or exciting, more than ok to win some games in not the best fashion. the Canucks have been way better under Tocchet and we basically suffocated them unless the 3rd pair and 4th line were on the ice.

they still outplayed them and deserved their win, it really wasn't that bad

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Vesey with the most 5v5 TOI among forwards for the 2nd time in the last 3 games (also against Vegas).
I thought he had a good game but surprised to see that
I was one of 3 thus far to vote for him. Yes, there were other candidates but chose him because he was all over the ice, every shift. His name was called more often than anyone's. Had a dew chances, made a few good passes and played a solid d game. What more can you ask. They need to put him with Kreider and Tro. Until something better reveals itself.

Reactions: skipmowerman

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
That’s absurd. Tbh though, it’s really hard to have a 3pts night without pp production.

I’d be curious to see how many vets have had 3pts nights just on even strength
How many players on this team have had a 3 point night this season? Zib the other night, Fox once or twice, Panarin once or twice, maybe Trochek early on . We don’t score very much .

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Not every win needs to be pretty or exciting, more than ok to win some games in not the best fashion. the Canucks have been way better under Tocchet and we basically suffocated them unless the 3rd pair and 4th line were on the ice.

they still outplayed them and deserved their win, it really wasn't that bad

It was an ugly and boring game that looked worse than it probably was.

That said if Vancouver's 3rd goal doesn't happen this thread probably takes on a different tone.

Looks like barring any crazy surges that we will be playing NJ in round 1.

Drury needs to prioritize speed and strengthen that fourth line.

I'd bring back Motte and I'd look to see if you could turn Blais and a 3rd into Sam Lafferty (another year left at 1.15M)

Motte - Lafferty - Goodrow/Vesey

That would give teams fits as a 4th line. Add another piece for the top 6 and see where you can find upgrades for the bottom pair.

I don't think this is set in stone tbh.

I can see BOTH teams falling off the rest of the way allowing someone behind them to get hot and jump them. NJ was ass in January (defensively they've been pretty ass for over 2 months now) and made it through the month with a good record on sheer luck and goaltending (neither of which are likely to continue.) They're going to hit a snag if that doesn't change and their defensive regression is pretty alarming.

Rangers may very well get murdered for the rest of the season if they continue to run like likes of Harpur and Leshitshow out there on a nightly basis. The rest of the schedule is pretty tough and the longer Drury waits to remedy those issues, the more likely it is that we end up eating shit.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The Pettersson goal was a softie by Igor, but the refs and the Rangers d-men lazily going back had a hand in it. The other 2 were not his fault at all, and I thought he made some enormous saves standing tall in the 3rd when Vancouver was pushing. He was also Brodeur-esque as a 3rd Defenseman back there handling the puck. Tough crowd.

One bad goal per game is unacceptable.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3