• Igargoile Shesterkin

Results are only viewable after voting.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
I don't think this is set in stone tbh.

I can see BOTH teams falling off the rest of the way allowing someone behind them to get hot and jump them. NJ was ass in January (defensively they've been pretty ass for over 2 months now) and made it through the month with a good record on sheer luck and goaltending (neither of which are likely to continue.) They're going to hit a snag if that doesn't change and their defensive regression is pretty alarming.

Rangers may very well get murdered for the rest of the season if they continue to run like likes of Harpur and Leshitshow out there on a nightly basis. The rest of the schedule is pretty tough and the longer Drury waits to remedy those issues, the more likely it is that we end up eating shit.
Of course it's not set in stone, and with 30 games remaining, either WSH or PITT could possibly win 20+ of them just to punish each and every one of us. But that is highly unlikely that BOTH NJD and NYR will be overtaken. We are 4 points behind NJD and they have a game in hand, so of fcking course that game in hand will be a win, so it's more like 6 points. We are 6 up on WSH with 2 games in hand.
How many times have two teams with with this size of a lead on the teams below them bottomed out? Would like to know, maybe it has happened in the past.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
It was an ugly and boring game that looked worse than it probably was.

That said if Vancouver's 3rd goal doesn't happen this thread probably takes on a different tone.

I don't think this is set in stone tbh.

I can see BOTH teams falling off the rest of the way allowing someone behind them to get hot and jump them. NJ was ass in January (defensively they've been pretty ass for over 2 months now) and made it through the month with a good record on sheer luck and goaltending (neither of which are likely to continue.) They're going to hit a snag if that doesn't change and their defensive regression is pretty alarming.

Rangers may very well get murdered for the rest of the season if they continue to run like likes of Harpur and Leshitshow out there on a nightly basis. The rest of the schedule is pretty tough and the longer Drury waits to remedy those issues, the more likely it is that we end up eating shit.
I thought the 2nd goal was the worst of the bunch

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Maybe not exactly one but it's almost every game. And it IS every game with Halak.

Halak is a backup on a 7 game winning streak I have no issues with his play and Igor hasnt been a god like last year but he is still a top 5 goalie. We're 3rd in the league in Goals against. Just a weird complaint with the Rangers on a nice streak here.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Of course it's not set in stone, and with 30 games remaining, either WSH or PITT could possibly win 20+ of them just to punish each and every one of us. But that is highly unlikely that BOTH NJD and NYR will be overtaken. We are 4 points behind NJD and they have a game in hand, so of fcking course that game in hand will be a win, so it's more like 6 points. We are 6 up on WSH with 2 games in hand.
How many times have two teams with with this size of a lead on the teams below them bottomed out? Would like to know, maybe it has happened in the past.

Not bottoming out, but all it takes is a 4-5 game losing streak and for someone behind you to get hot and then bam, the landscape has changed.

Remember last year when you were freaking out that the Penguins were going to pass the Rangers when they went on a heater (and they made it pretty close)? They had more ground to make up than they do right now.

Washington is less of a threat because they have less runway to work with (and I don't think they're very good either.) Anyway I think its NJ who has the better chance of falling off as their defense has really regressed and now Hughes is out week to week. Both NJ and NYR have relatively difficult schedules ahead of them too (Pittsburgh's is pretty much a cake walk.)

We're tempting fate every time we run Harpur and Leshitshow out there.

I thought the 2nd goal was the worst of the bunch

Anytime a shot changes directions and speeds like that it's really hard to put it on the goalie. Thats the goal I had the least problem with. Lindgren was a dumb ass on that shift (and all game really.)

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Not bottoming out, but all it takes is a 4-5 game losing streak and for someone behind you to get hot and then bam, the landscape has changed.

Remember last year when you were freaking out that the Penguins were going to pass the Rangers when they went on a heater (and they made it pretty close)? They had more ground to make up than they do right now.

Washington is less of a threat because they have less runway to work with (and I don't think they're very good either.) Anyway I think its NJ who has the better chance of falling off as their defense has really regressed and now Hughes is out week to week. Both NJ and NYR have relatively difficult schedules ahead of them too (Pittsburgh's is pretty much a cake walk.)

We're tempting fate every time we run Harpur and Leshitshow out there.

Anytime a shot changes directions and speeds like that it's really hard to put it on the goalie. Thats the goal I had the least problem with. Lindgren was a dumb ass on that shift (and all game really.)
My bad I meant the Quinn Hughes one where we were baby shit soft on him

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Would be 25-0 if we had our PP, Panarin and Shesterkin going

People joke but really, how many teams in the league have a better and deeper squad than the Rangers?

The league is so cap constipated that most teams have 6-8 maybe 10 mediocre to poor players where we moan and bitch about 2 or 3. We are "farting" out wins and draws even without the PP working properly, mostly because our depth is too much for the poorer teams to overcome.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
People joke but really, how many teams in the league have a better and deeper squad than the Rangers?

The league is so cap constipated that most teams have 6-8 maybe 10 mediocre to poor players where we moan and bitch about 2 or 3. We are "farting" out wins and draws even without the PP working properly, mostly because our depth is too much for the poorer teams to overcome.
It's an abundance of riches. We have our best Even Strengh as PP2. All 23 and under. We have all the talent we need at forward, getting them to produce is a system/execution issue.

Defense is missing a Chychrun

This team is yet to realize it's potential, firing on all cylinders.

btw Shesty, arguably our best player when he's on...

At home - 23GP | 13-7-3 | 2.64GAA | .908sv%

On Road - 14GP | 9-1-4 | 2.19GAA | .930sv%

His newborn needs to grow up already

Last edited:

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
It's an abundance of riches. We have our best Even Strengh as PP2. All 23 and under. We have all the talent we need at forward, getting them to produce is a system/execution issue.

This is why I'm inclined to go for "depth and mass" for this post-season. Build on the strength of depth and ensure that when the inevitable injuries take place the team can still roll out quality depth.

If we go for a quality piece I'd add that to the D (Chychrun) rather than yet another expensive winger - YAEW (Meier).

Reactions: McRanger92

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Just over here thinking about how teams will try to match their best players to the Mika & Kreider lines while the Kids get to feast on bottom 6 and bottom pairing players. Best "3rd" Line since Zucc-Brass-Pouliot

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

Having a rangy D like Chychrun would be great but would he even get top 4 minutes? It would also complicate the cap for next year even with retention.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Having a rangy D like Chychrun would be great but would he even get top 4 minutes? It would also complicate the cap for next year even with retention.
yes. He'd be with Fox or Trouba.

Chychrun Fox
KAM Trouba
Lindgren Schneider

that'd be my d-group.

Fox.... to Chychrun, HE SCORES... would be Sam's new line

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Halak is a backup on a 7 game winning streak I have no issues with his play and Igor hasnt been a god like last year but he is still a top 5 goalie. We're 3rd in the league in Goals against. Just a weird complaint with the Rangers on a nice streak here.
"Goaltending is an art form that deserves nothing less than perfection." --SnowblindNYR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad