Player Discussion Charles Hudon Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
Man what a game he had. His shot looks NHL elite. His wrister is quick, deceptive, powerful an most of all accurate. Right now his shot looks better than max's!

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Man what a game he had. His shot looks NHL elite. His wrister is quick, deceptive, powerful an most of all accurate. Right now his shot looks better than max's!

He also won a few face offs too I noticed when Pleky was called out. He's got game for sure and if he continues to work on his edge work, he's going to be very hard to contain! His shot is impressive and I love that the Habs have more shooters on the roster... Patch, Weber, Drouin, Galchenyuk, Lehkonen, Hudon. We need more aggressive shooters and the types who have confidence to shoot because their shot is good. This is how we are going to score more goals IMO. We need our shooters to be a bit more selfish (kind of like Ovi)

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I find he’s really effective with his stick when battling for pucks in the corner.

Tourist

Nov 26, 2014
Hudon reminded me of Mike Cammalleri yesterday. A bit small, a bit slow, but very clever and crafty to go along with a hell of a shot. He's pretty feisty and effective in corners as well despite his smaller stature.

One good thing with high iq players, they can still progress after they reach physical maturity. Good on Hudon for showing clear signs of improvement year after year. He needs to keep it up, because the Habs need the skills he possesses.

Draft Dynasty

Oct 28, 2014
I have no doubt in my mind that on the 3rd line + PP times and some games here in there on the 1-2 he would be a 40pts player in the nhl.

To me he's not that far off Drouin. Not the same level offensively but could be better then Drouin defensively.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The smart thing to do would have been to protect Hudon and leave Shaw exposed.

Then they have to take Emelin and Shaw. You get out from under a bad contract. While also not worrying about Hudon being claimed.

Bergevin had the opportunity to leave Shaw exposed at the expansion draft and didn't take it. It's never going to happen, Bergevin overpaid to get him and won't want to lose face so early in the deal. Hudon will carve out a spot on his own. Which begs the question as to who is going to waived. Interesting decisions ahead.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Bergevin had the opportunity to leave Shaw exposed at the expansion draft and didn't take it. It's never going to happen, Bergevin overpaid to get him and won't want to lose face so early in the deal. Hudon will carve out a spot on his own. Which begs the question as to who is going to waived. Interesting decisions ahead.

I don't even know why you guys are talking about this, if Shaw is so bad, why would Vegas take him?

At the end of the day, Emelin was the guy I was hoping would be taken, and he was.

Very happy Hudon is a hab, and obviously the org thinks highly of him to basically hand him a top 9 job on a silver platter.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I don't even know why you guys are talking about this, if Shaw is so bad, why would Vegas take him?

At the end of the day, Emelin was the guy I was hoping would be taken, and he was.

Very happy Hudon is a hab, and obviously the org thinks highly of him to basically hand him a top 9 job on a silver platter.

Like I said in reply to the poster who raised Shaw, he'll never be left unprotected, no matter what. That's why I was talking about it. Otherwise, who gives a rat's ass about Shaw, we're stuck with the guy.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
The smart thing to do would have been to protect Hudon and leave Shaw exposed.

Then they have to take Emelin and Shaw. You get out from under a bad contract. While also not worrying about Hudon being claimed.

Why would you complain about this when it worked out literally exactly the way you say it should have in the end? Lost the bad contract, kept Hudon.

Maybe Bergevin knew who Vegas wanted the whole time. Who knows.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Why would you complain about this when it worked out literally exactly the way you say it should have in the end? Lost the bad contract, kept Hudon.

I'm merely being consistent in my messaging.

That's the plan I would've employed and it would have worked out better for us if they took Shaw instead of Emelin.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
He also won a few face offs too I noticed when Pleky was called out. He's got game for sure and if he continues to work on his edge work, he's going to be very hard to contain! His shot is impressive and I love that the Habs have more shooters on the roster... Patch, Weber, Drouin, Galchenyuk, Lehkonen, Hudon. We need more aggressive shooters and the types who have confidence to shoot because their shot is good. This is how we are going to score more goals IMO. We need our shooters to be a bit more selfish (kind of like Ovi)

When we drafted Hudon....I said he reminds me of Guy Carbonneau. He had the same smarts, size, hands,etc....

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I think they should be patient with Hudon and give him all the opportunity possible. Hudon is a skill forward with good vision. We need more players like him.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013

Well Shaw has a worse contract, so we would probably have been better off had Vegas taken Shaw instead of Emelin.

But at the end of the day, taking a needless risk is dumb thing to do even if it doesn't blow up in your face.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Well Shaw has a worse contract, so we would probably have been better off had Vegas taken Shaw instead of Emelin.

But at the end of the day, taking a needless risk is dumb thing to do even if it doesn't blow up in your face.

The original post didn't specify that getting rid of Shaw's contract would have been the ideal, it references unloading "a bad contract" implying the two (Shaw/Emelin) are considered equal.

None of us know if it was a needless risk. You don't know what Bergevin knew about Vegas' plans.

It's funny, before pre-season started no one really cared about Hudon, hardly anyone here made a peep about him being unprotected. More people cared about leaving Davidson exposed. Now he's played a pre-season game and looked good so Bergevin is a clown for even daring to risk exposing a stud like Hudon. Come on

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
The original post didn't specify that getting rid of Shaw's contract would have been the ideal, it references unloading "a bad contract" implying the two (Shaw/Emelin) are considered equal.

None of us know if it was a needless risk. You don't know what Bergevin knew about Vegas' plans.

It's funny, before pre-season started no one really cared about Hudon, hardly anyone here made a peep about him being unprotected. More people cared about leaving Davidson exposed. Now he's played a pre-season game and looked good so Bergevin is a clown for even daring to risk exposing a stud like Hudon. Come on

The worst is that instead of being happy and rejoice for Hudon and the organization they will do everything in their power to find something negative in this whole situation to brag about. :laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The worst is that instead of being happy and rejoice for Hudon and the organization they will do everything in their power to find something negative in this whole situation to brag about. :laugh:

Who is being negative about Hudon? You have to be kidding me. :laugh:

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013

It doesn't matter what Bergevin thought he knew since Vegas could always change their minds. So yes it was still a risk.

And lots of posters brought up protecting Hudon, TSN even projected him to be protected before the draft
http://www.tsn.ca/tsn-hockey-protected-list-projections-1.767856

If a poster previously claimed they didn't care if Hudon was protected and now are saying Bergevin's a fool for leaving him unprotected then sure call them out. But WTK actually claimed before the draft that we should've protected hudon
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=133471467

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Who is being negative about Hudon? You have to be kidding me. :laugh:

Dude, it's being spun into negativity once again! How Bergevin is a moron for not protecting him and how Therrien didn't like the kid and how we overcooked him and blabla. Give me a break...

The kid is here and he looks good!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Dude, it's being spun into negativity once again! How Bergevin is a moron for not protecting him and how Therrien didn't like the kid and how we overcooked him and blabla. Give me a break...

No, you give me a break. You're clutching at straws. Almost everyone here is issuing positive comments about Hudon. Again with you putting Therrien on a pedestal and you're using that to say that there is negativity about Hudon. That's a totally separate argument.

Props to Julien for giving Hudon a real opportunity. And here's hoping Hudon's performance continues. The only "bla bla" is the one you unfortunately spin for your own self-aggrandizement, by trying to make yourself be a higher authority when you're no better than the rest of us who have been positive about Hudon.

Now, about your comment on who "overcooked" him? Has to be this guy ...

1wabj8.jpg

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Some might do that....but let's not forget that the Medias didn't like to see Hudon unprotected either at the expansion draft.

Many of them were sure that he was going to get pick.
It's not an HF thing...

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
No, you give me a break. You're clutching at straws. Almost everyone here is issuing positive comments about Hudon. Again with you putting Therrien on a pedestal and you're using that to say that there is negativity about Hudon. That's a totally separate argument.

Props to Julien for giving Hudon a real opportunity. And here's hoping Hudon's performance continues. The only "bla bla" is the one you unfortunately spin for your own self-aggrandizement, by trying to make yourself be a higher authority when you're no better than the rest of us who have been positive about Hudon.

Now, about your comment on who "overcooked" him? Has to be this guy ...

1wabj8.jpg

Overcooking someone means to keep him too long in the AHL. :teach:

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Hudon reminded me of Mike Cammalleri yesterday. A bit small, a bit slow, but very clever and crafty to go along with a hell of a shot. He's pretty feisty and effective in corners as well despite his smaller stature.

One good thing with high iq players, they can still progress after they reach physical maturity. Good on Hudon for showing clear signs of improvement year after year. He needs to keep it up, because the Habs need the skills he possesses.

I like that comparison. If we get a cammaleri type player then im very happy.

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
Overcooked?
He looks al dente to me!

Hudon looks that good now because of all the years he got in the AHL.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Overcooking someone means to keep him too long in the AHL.

It could be that he wasn't as ready or ready enough before now. Was just looking for him to get a longer look in past years, not being granted a pass. Nor did I ever suggest he spent too much time in the minors. He's still a young guy.

Only incentive I had for suggesting a longer look in the past was not to get to the current point -- which is to have to make a decision about him in a year when he has to clear waivers.

But, none of that matters anymore. What counts is that he's getting a real opportunity now and he's already getting noticed, with the usual caveats applying to how early in the process we are in. Here's hoping for continued success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad