Player Discussion Charles Hudon Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

get25

Oct 17, 2015
Just can't believe Bergevin left Hudon unprotected for LV.......
I think Habs management kept Hudon under the radar.

So when came time to pick players, LV would not have draft him because he was waiver eligible.
So they picked Emelin and got a third.

You think they could have got a third for Hudon?

Also, who should have been left unprotected instead of Hudon: Lehkonen, Drouin, Max, Gallagher, Gallchenyuk, Danault or Shaw.
Anyone would have been picked.
Some will say Shaw but MB is the one who traded for him.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I like Hudon, he works hard and has a high IQ. He's got a chance. I think he might have revitalized Plekanec, because that was Plekanecs best game in a year lol.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Me I am 100 percent sure there was a deal made for Vegas to take Emelin.

The only possible deal they had in place for them to select Emelin was that they would take one of their many defensemen a few days later (Schlemko for a 5th). And if that is the case, that was great work by MB.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Glad Hudon is finally getting a chance. I wonder how much ice time he'd be getting under MT. Julien seems to be more open to seeing what he can do. Plus, they don't really have a choice, they can't afford not to find out. Hudon will never find his way to Laval.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
The only possible deal they had in place for them to select Emelin was that they would take one of their many defensemen a few days later (Schlemko for a 5th). And if that is the case, that was great work by MB.

Everyone knew Vegas was stockpiling D. I think MB felt that if Emelin was out there, Vegas would take him. He also traded Beaulieu because he knew he'd have been taken instead.

Whether there was a deal or it was a gamble, either way it worked.

MB and CJ clearly value Hudon or he wouldn't be just handed the top 9 role he's being given right now.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Worst part is that Vegas' head scout was with the Habs' org before heading there. So if there was any team he had good info on, it was Montreal.

Habs probably dodged a bullet with this one, but they are clearly not letting that go to waste this time around.

get25

Oct 17, 2015
I like Hudon, he works hard and has a high IQ. He's got a chance. I think he might have revitalized Plekanec, because that was Plekanecs best game in a year lol.
In PO: Lehkonen - Plekanec - Gallagher was good.

It may be Lehkonen who is helping Plek the most.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Glad Hudon is finally getting a chance. I wonder how much ice time he'd be getting under MT. Julien seems to be more open to seeing what he can do. Plus, they don't really have a choice, they can't afford not to find out. Hudon will never find his way to Laval.

Why do you feel the need to bring Therrien into this? You think he was making all the decisions or what? Hudon was nowhere as good during the last camp.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

There was a post here yesterday (or perhaps a linked tweet?) where someone said that Bergevin made some back door deal with Vegas to not select Hudon. Sorry, but I can't recall the thread.

I personally like Hudon very much and have him included in virtually every lineup I posted since the end of the season.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Why do you feel the need to bring Therrien into this? You think he was making all the decisions or what? Hudon was nowhere as good during the last camp.

Why do you feel that I can't bring up MT? Is he related to you? Hudon seemed to have a short leash under MT, whether you like it or not. I'm rightly pointing out that Julien appears to be giving Hudon a real opportunity. That is all. Take your MT love somewhere else please. Thanks.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
There was a post here yesterday (or perhaps a linked tweet?) where someone said that Bergevin made some back door deal with Vegas to not select Hudon. Sorry, but I can't recall the thread.

I personally like Hudon very much and have him included in virtually every lineup I posted since the end of the season.

I don't know if anyone else had brought it up but I had a post about this. I heard from one of the AC panels that the Habs made a backdoor deal for Vegas not to select Hudon. No particulars were given, however.

Jul 1, 2014
Canada

About every team talked with Vegas before the expansion draft. Bergevin knew what Vegas wanted.

If Hudon was in danger Bergevin would have traded him before the draft. Like Beaulieu.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I don't know if anyone else had brought it up but I had a post about this. I heard from one of the AC panels that the Habs made a backdoor deal for Vegas not to select Hudon. No particulars were given, however.

It's highly likely it was your post I'm recalling then. Thanks for clarifying.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007

knowing MB is probably one of the most proactive GMs, or in the top tier (of being active) , its definitely not out of the realm of possibilities. I think anyone with half a brain would have done monkey business with LV. there was an opportunity for all teams , I don't know how glorious his role was but I don't think he ignored that there was an opportunity to improve his team.

muzion

Oct 5, 2007
St-Hubert, Québec

I watched that episode of l'Antichambre and it was pure speculation, because this person thought Hudon was too good to have not been taken.

Had there been a backroom deal, the Schlemko trade would have happened much earlier.

Until proven otherwise, Bergevin gambled and it worked. Good for us, as we got cap space for this year, but frankly it was dumb.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I'm a big Hudon fan but I'm not 100% on him being an impact player. That being said...why are people saying 'he's a lock to make the team' as if there was really an doubt that he wouldn't?

I mean really...why would they risk exposing one of the best goal scorers in the AHL to waivers? Even if he was mediocre in preseason, they would be stupid not too give him a real shot, right? hahaha. I just feel like I'm alone in thinking this while people are talking about him being a 'lock' like there was actually a chance he'd be sent down. He would've had to have been beyond horrible to not get a real shot imo.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The smart thing to do would have been to protect Hudon and leave Shaw exposed.

Then they have to take Emelin and Shaw. You get out from under a bad contract. While also not worrying about Hudon being claimed.

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
Amazing! So happy for him. He is gaining more confidence every day, on and off the ice, and it's a pleasure to watch. He is just starting to crack his shell.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
The smart thing to do would have been to protect Hudon and leave Shaw exposed.

Then they have to take Emelin and Shaw. You get out from under a bad contract. While also not worrying about Hudon being claimed.

But then Bergevin would be admitting the huge contract he just gave to Shaw was a mistake. Oh well, all worked out fine anyways.

Happy to see Hudon having a good start to camp

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
All he does is produce. He has a slow first few steps considering his size but when he has the puck you can easily confuse him for Drouin.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Me I am 100 percent sure there was a deal made for Vegas to take Emelin.

What's really funny to me is how some people said "there is no way" Vegas would ever consider taking Hudon. Knowing the Habs system and the players we exposed, that's the guy I would of taken! He's young, under team control for several years, and his AHL stats are pretty darn good. Would of been a great pick for them!

I'm not so sure Vegas and the Habs worked out a deal. They focused at taking NHL players with the intention of getting future draft picks by trading them later. It worked out in a few cases but not so much in other cases.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hudon had a great game last night for us. That pass from Mete was pretty good too! I think we need to wait till the NHL rosters are a bit more complete to see what Hudon can do in those games. He looks good though! I'm starting to really like that Hudon / Pleky / Lehkonen line!

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I told y’all I was worried as hell VGK would take Hudon and for good reason. Thank god McPhee decided to overplay his defense hand. We got lucky we didn’t lose him — they were also scouting him, so there was a decent chance they were eyeing him at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad