Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] Max Domi signs extension (2 years, $5.3M AAV)

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
oh for the love of G-d Almighty when will this hopeless f***ing myth finally f***ing die agonizingly in the g-ddamn gutter like it deserves

Anderson, in that year, played more g-ddamned minutes with Ryan f***ing Dzingel than he did Panarin. And Dzingel was a DEADLINE RENTAL. The overwhelming majority of Anderson's minutes were with Nick Foligno and Boone Jenner.

Please, everybody, for the love of G-d cease vomiting out this particular line of bullshit. It's not that hard to check.
Well said.
6EB8B495-83DC-4430-91BB-7925E1661E08.gif

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
A lot of people here saying Domi was traded because MB wanted more term, but it's quite likely Anderson signs short term too, maybe less money.

Habs should try to add another skilled LW.

Cant remember where i read it but Apparently anderson was asking for a long term deal out of CBJ. Can any columbus fans confirm?

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Couldn't the habs pay him that much money to be a 3rd line center/winger?

First 3 C spots are called and Max doesn't want to play as a Wing.

Can’t wait to see Max working with
Torts. I see Torts pushing Max to be his best. Plus, Torts loves to play his best guys a lot of minutes. Max is going to love it there and do great.

I hope for the best for Max. He's a great kid and I like Torts too. Both no BS kinda guys.

No way he ****blocks Suzuki and/or Kotka as a top 6 C for 5 to 7 years. And Danault is as much PR-heavy in Montreal as Drouin is (Bergevin came out to say that was a PR move), just turns out he's a pretty alright 3rd line C.

You think Danault plays C on the Habs because of PR? Look man if you don't know anything about the Habs just read and move on but don't comment. Danault is a consistently Selke voted C who gets 2C numbers while also pivoting one of the top 5-on-5 trios in the league.

He just needs to play wing. Another stupid experiment in MTL playing him as a C.

ermmm... Max don't wanna play Wing.

To me Anderson isn't worth much more than 3rd anyways.

Maybe late 2nd tops.

Just FYI Anderson was highly sought after. According to TSN several teams were jockeying for him. MTL didn't throw in a 3rd for shits and giggles.

Ouch, so that means in 2 years Domi leaves to Toronto, loved the trade yesterday and I love it even more now!

Dunno about that. Max Domi ain't really a Kyle Dubas-type player.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Than maybe you should watch what you say instead of basically calling other poster liars when in fact they were telling the truth.

Let it be man. HabsWhiteKnightLOL's just a fake Habs fan like that Oilers' fan Todd from Leduc. He's always dogging on MTL, like in every situation.

Last edited:

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019

Ya we're overvaluing him.

So 26 yr old one season above 40 points, one season above 20 goals ? What about this season s highlights ?

Not saying he does not fill a need for MTL and I hope MTL wins with him, but I would have expected them to get more for Domi.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Let it be man. HabsWhiteKnightLOL's just a fake Habs fan like that Oilers' fan Todd from Leduc. He's always dogging on MTL, like in every situation.
Thanks for the update. I didn't know but i do know how to fix the problem.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
You think Danault plays C on the Habs because of PR? Look man if you don't know anything about the Habs just read and move on but don't comment. Danault is a consistently Selke voted C who gets 2C numbers while also pivoting one of the top 5-on-5 trios in the league.

Where do I start....

1. I said Danault PR-heavy like Drouin, but that he's a "pretty alright 3C" which to me means he can fill in as 2C if/when needed. Check my post history I guess.

2. I'm a Habs fan who hasn't posted in months before the draft. Had Lehkonen as my avy for 2 years, "Lehkonen is a VQ35DE" instead of Registered User for 3 years.

3. 'Trios' lets out your French. Fries and a diet coke also make a trio lol amirite?

4. PR wise in MTL, Danault >>>>>>> Domi so yes that point stands. Drouin just happens to be the McD's guy, Danault does other stuff.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Yikes, this is a pretty terrible deal for Columbus, walks Domi straight to unrestricted free agency. Awesome for Domi though - if he has a good 2 seasons he’s gonna get PAID! And he still got decent AAV, considering the term is absolutely perfect for him.

I think they are protecting themselves in case his 72 point season in 2019 was an anomaly. Otherwise they could get Turris'd.

Reactions: Viqsi

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I think they are protecting themselves in case his 72 point season in 2019 was an anomaly. Otherwise they could get Turris'd.

That season was the Shaw season. Shaw was the Master of Domi. He unleashed the Domi quite often, to the tune of 72 pts including a ton of dirty apples. It was beautiful stuff.

Then Shaw left. And Domi was like a stray dog looking for a fight.

When he plays with one or two of your absolute monsters up front, he regains form. I'm pret-tty sure. This has win-win potential, not saying it will be but I can see it.

Contracts are a separate issue. You're risking paying Domi a lot if he finds chemistry (looking at you Foligno). We're risking a lot of dead money if Josh's upper body crumbles after year 2 on a 5-6 year contract.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Contracts are a separate issue. You're risking paying Domi a lot if he finds chemistry (looking at you Foligno). We're risking a lot of dead money if Josh's upper body crumbles after year 2 on a 5-6 year contract.

This is exactly the pair Torts will probably start off with IMO.

Reactions: Roadhouse

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
According to people on HF Boards I should believe that they know more about contract concerns, player values and salary cap ramifications in a flat cap world than Jarmo Kekalainen. I have not been a fan of some of Jarmos moves (mainly not trading Panarin when it was obvious to all that he was leaving) but I trust that he knows what he's doing whether I agree with him all the time or not.

Reactions: CarolinaBlueJacket

Yakupov64

Dec 25, 2017
I can see why people dont like the term in regards to free agency. I disagree though.

First, his cap hit this year allows Columbus to still explore the market for addition players for a cup run. Columbus has quietly been a contender for some time now. They somehow surprise seemingly every year. So chances are, they will be a playoff team again this year. In which case, we would probably see domi's stats rise making his cap hit this year look good and possibly even a good cap hit for his final year. Domi also fits their style very well imo. Now, if for some reason he were to struggle, hes still young enough to have quite a bit of value to a team, specifically one making a run in the playoffs. If Blake Coleman returns a late first, you can certainly expect a better return for Domi. Not to mention Columbus could always retain salary or offer him to a team with a bad contract that's a similar cap hit with a draft pick or two. No matter what, Columbus has the financial freedom to work it all out. Imo it doesnt matter whether he struggles this year or lights it up because you'll either get a good player in domi or a good return for him even if hes not good. He was traded for galchenyuk straight up. Probably not saying much now but at the time of that trade I think most people still thought both players could turn out to be stars. Domi will either be a good player for CBJ, or he will return an excellent value.

The irony in this is kind of funny. Montreal didnt want to commit alot of money long term and neither does CBJ. I think the dealbreaker will be if and when CBJ decide to trade him to someone else. If he struggles and they trade him this year to a contender, it will be a good return. But if they hold onto him or cant trade him then his value will go down and maybe with the cap hit, most teams will show no interest. Even if that is the case then you're only committed to domi for one more year in which 6 million would fall off the following year. 6 million gives you a choice of some pretty nice shiny new toys in the following years free agency, which btw should feature some pretty big names.

All in all, domi's age and value shouldn't change dramatically if he struggles but will change dramatically if he does well. Sorta of a high risk, high reward type thing but jarmo figured out a way to make the risk even less. That combined with only giving up Anderson to get him makes this a very good trade and intelligent signing in my opinion

Last edited:

PKWeber

Mar 1, 2017
Montreal
Asset A is younger, plays a more valuable position on the 2nd line, has better offensive production, was not injured last year. And you prefer asset B ?

Pretty sure MTL is overvaluing a 26 year who never produced more than 47 points.

One year in age doesn't make a difference and it remains to be seen if Domi is a C. I personally think he's better on the wing. Besides the Habs are a better team with Anderson and CBJ are a better team with Domi.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad