Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] Max Domi signs extension (2 years, $5.3M AAV)

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Really?
If that happens it means you gave away Anderson for a 3rd.

You are leaving out the part where Domi scores 100-140 points+ for CBJ over the next two seasons. Domi should be motivated to work his butt off for his UFA deal. This gives him a chance to prove he is a real #2 C in the NHL. Can he make it? Very good deal for CBJ.

Reactions: Viqsi

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Ouch, so that means in 2 years Domi leaves to Toronto, loved the trade yesterday and I love it even more now! Hope habs can lock up Anderson longterm.

how is TO going to afford him - unless you think he'll play for league minimum?

wahsnairb

Jun 9, 2010
Good money, bad that it takes him straight to UFA...

doesn’t make the trade any less brutal for Montreal, though.

Reactions: BK201

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Still don't particularly like the contract, but it makes sense that is bridges for some of the young players to develop and provides them with a 2C.

Gives Texier, Bemstrom, Foudy etc longer to develop.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
For Domi this is a good contract IMO. I know CBJ fans probably wanted a longer duration but after last season he wouldn’t sell himself low.

I expect Josh A to sign a similar contract.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019
Is that the same guy that scored 27 goals the season before.
No problem bro.;)

Playing with Panarin? The same Panarin that gave like 4-5 Rangers career years in his first season with the Rags?

No problem, bro

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Playing with Panarin? The same Panarin that gave like 4-5 Rangers career years in his first season with the Rags?

No problem, bro

Problem with your reply is that he rarely played with Panarin when he scored 27, so not sure what your point is? I believe Panarin was in on only 3 of his goals that year.

Infact one of Anderson's better qualiies (and there are many) is that he more or less produces on his own, he doesn't need a Panarin to propup his goal scoring. The fact he is going to get to play with Suzuki is an added bonus and he should be able to easily replicate or better those numbers. (if healthy)

Last edited:
Reactions: majormajor

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Is that the same
Hey bro, you must've missed the 19-20 season where CBJ traded a player who had 4 points, 1 goal and 3 assists for a 3rd round pick.

That alone isn't a bad deal.

Thanks bro
Is that the same player who scored 27 goals the previous seasons and is a very nice power forward ?

If so, thanks a lot.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
So is he just blowing smoke Bergevin's way? Cause he's about to get anywhere from 3 to 6 years, Chiarot to Petry range on our cap structure. He told our media he's ready to play his style again.

As for TSN;

"My shoulder is 100 per cent stable. I've spoken to a lot of guys who had torn labrums in the past, and they've said that shoulder feels stronger than the other one."

Anderson added he thinks he would have been ready to play in the second round of the playoffs had the Blue Jackets advanced.

Not saying anything about his situation with Montreal, just explaining why Jarmo traded him. He didn't want to pay Anderson what Anderson was asking for, and Anderson wouldn't budge.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Not saying anything about his situation with Montreal, just explaining why Jarmo traded him. He didn't want to pay Anderson what Anderson was asking for, and Anderson wouldn't budge.

You said "especially with the injury risk" so was that your take or Jarmo?

That take assumes negative things are more likely to happen with Andy's shoulders than positive ones, so just wondering if that's you or Jarmo thinking that. I provided the latest from Andy and his recovery, which Dreger on 4 Sep on 690 Lunch (towards end of clip on tsn.ca) had a ton of time to heal which means "he should be more than good to go".

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Little bit disappointing it's only two years, but it was probably unrealistic to think Domi would sign for longer. He wants to explore the UFA market when he has the opportunity.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
You said "especially with the injury risk" so was that your take or Jarmo?

That take assumes negative things are more likely to happen with Andy's shoulders than positive ones, so just wondering if that's you or Jarmo thinking that. I provided the latest from Andy and his recovery, which Dreger on 4 Sep on 690 Lunch (towards end of clip on tsn.ca) had a ton of time to heal which means "he should be more than good to go".

Jarmo didn't specifically cite concerns about Anderson's injury, and by all accounts, Anderson is ready to go. But I can't imagine that didn't play a role to some degree.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
This deal makes a lot more sense for Montreal when you hear that this is what it took to sign Domi....

Yes, it's "lower" risk because you don't know what kind of player Max Domi is really going to be, but it removes basically all of the upside to the fact that he is so young.

Pietrangelo

Oct 26, 2015
You are leaving out the part where Domi scores 100-140 points+ for CBJ over the next two seasons. Domi should be motivated to work his butt off for his UFA deal. This gives him a chance to prove he is a real #2 C in the NHL. Can he make it? Very good deal for CBJ.
Domi should have been motivated to work his butt off for this current deal and we saw how that worked out for him. What makes you think he’ll get 140+ points over the next 2 seasons? Lol. I’d be surprised if he breaks 90 points over the next 2 seasons

Reactions: Magic Stick

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Domi should have been motivated to work his butt off for this current deal and we saw how that worked out for him. What makes you think he’ll get 140+ points over the next 2 seasons? Lol. I’d be surprised if he breaks 90 points over the next 2 seasons

Which Domi turns up, first year Montreal Domi or second year Domi? That's why it was a smart deal by Jarmo. He gets two years of Domi. If Domi sucks too bad. If he is great, great. This time the excuses are starting to run out for Domi, and he has the UFA contract as motivation.

JacketLife

Aug 2, 2020
We’re living in a Covid world, and anyone saying this contract is only about Domi being able to leave in two years doesn’t understand that. We’re going to see A LOT of shorter deals because no one wants a long term deal based on the flat cap.

And the Jackets would be right to not want to do long term on a player who has some issues. They’ve been burned by some pretty bad long term deals.

And I’m sick of this “So he can leave Columbus” bit. It’s old and overplayed. TWO players. It sucked Panarin and Duchene both wanted out the same year, but each had a total of ONE team they did want to play for.
Bob doesn’t count. He left because the Jackets wouldn’t show him the money. Rightfully so.

Anyway, welcome aboard Domi. Glad you were a lot easier to sign than Andy. 5.3 is lower than I was expecting so I’m pretty happy with it. We replaced Wennberg with a massive upgrade for only .4 more cap space.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad