Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] Max Domi signs extension (2 years, $5.3M AAV)

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Anderson at normal shooting % is sitting at like 8 points his numbers will drop
His normal shooting sits at 11 and like I showed earlier, more than half of 9+ goal scorer in the NHL right now have unsustainable (4-12% higher than career normal) shooting percentage so he is not an anomaly amongst 2020-2021 top scorers.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Is Domi better at center than wing or is he playing in the middle because the blue jackets have a need there? He looks both decently smart and pretty darn skilled so I expected more from him.

He was moved to wing after about a dozen games, he hasn't done anything right so it seems they're just trying to give him an easier job.

This thread is fun. You don't always see both teams fans flip flop at the same time.

Before the trade:

Habs fans: Domi is a 70+ pt center, what are you adding to Anderson?

Cbj fans: nothing lol Anderson is amazing and we have no desire to trade him so domi++

20 games after the trade:

Habs fans: Domi sucked look at how bad he is on cbj Anderson has been good.

Cbj fans: oh yeah Anderson sucks too look at how he's injured already!

CBJ fans love Josh Anderson, if anything the poor perspective is that several of them are saying he is proof that Torts misuses players now that he has "broken out" in Montreal. What really has happened is that he's the same great all-around player, on a hot shooting streak, with a lot more media exposure in Montreal. Find me two CBJ fans that think he sucks. He was the Jackets 2nd best forward in 2018-19, behind only Panarin.

Who didnt guess that Domi wasnt a Torts style center? Much like Wennberg. They are both get up and down the ice, offensive threats.

Torts tried to institute more of that style with very little camp after years of the defensive strategy. Just as unsurprising as Domi not being a good fit, changing styles with little transition time isnt going well.

You couldn't have picked two more different players. Wennberg is overly cautious defensively, Torts was the one prodding him to get further up into the play. Wennberg is still only getting one shot on net per game in Florida, so don't expect him to be a radically different player down there until that changes.

Ya so I came into here to defend Max, because a few in the Columbus games I've caught, he looked decent.

However, looking at his underlying numbers...just yikes. Max is not performing well this season.

I think Julien's system was boosting his numbers, much like many other current Hab players.

It's not a systems thing really, Max is a nut right now, very much in his own head.

Torts is now trying a Claude Noel "Joy" approach to get guys to loosen up, let's see if that helps.

What would Columbus want for a retained Domi?

I feel like he'd fit on the Leafs. But the money is the issue.

I think Columbus can still pull off a decent player for player trade for Max going elsewhere. So if they're going to be paying half his salary to play in Toronto this year and next, you can bet that would be pretty expensive. 1st + 2nd, maybe more. It would be easier if he was on an expiring deal.

lmao, he literally said he may not get there. His post was a great response to your coming in with “sour milk blah blah blah.”
I mean, yeah, this trade doesn’t look great for C-bus, but that’s a LOT of gloating for a 5 point difference in production. And in a very strange season at that.

no defending the BJs, the trade, Domi and Anderson’s production or lack thereof, but it’s not like one has 3 points and the other has 27.

I think it kind of is that extreme at this point. Anderson does so many more things for you besides scoring. He can change the momentum of a game. He's also a great defensive player. Domi is a crap defensive player.

I guess, but Domi only has 6 more turnovers than Anderson and he has 3 more takeaways, certainly not great but again...not what you’re making it out to be. Both clubs are having their share of struggles. Just not sure why you felt the need to come in here raving is all.

Those stats aren't reliable or at least not meaningful. Anderson's backcheck forces a lot of turnovers that he isn't going to get credited with.

No doubt the Canadian division is weaker defensively and in front of the net, but this thread is about Anderson vs Domi.

Anderson currently sits at 9th in goal scored amongst skaters from Canadian teams, which include arguably the 2 best players in the world.

Domi sits at 10th in goal scored amongst BLUE JACKETS skaters.

It depends here on how much weight you put on goals vs assists, but the edge for Anderson is clear on this one.

It doesn't even depend on goals vs assists. This is Anderson >>> Domi so far. That's as far as current play goes, obviously the trade had other factors, mostly Anderson's contract demands. If he didn't insist on a 7 year deal he'd still be a Blue Jacket, Jarmo was close to meeting his demands just didn't want to risk that term.

There is very little comparison right now, but we have to look at this over a season. Last night, Anderson was hurt and that caused another collective heart attack in Habland. Apparently he has been nursing a few minor issues.

A healthy Anderson is at another level compared to the current version of Domi. Period. Domi biggest enemy is not his toolbelt of abilities, it's between his ears and attitude.

Let's hope both teams "win" by Habs having a healthy Anderson and Domi becoming a 200ft player.

I wouldn't bet on either. :D

I really wonder how valuable these guys were. Obviously we know they were valued similarly to each other but what about compared to, say, a 20th OA pick?

Reactions: Dumais

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
His normal shooting sits at 11 and like I showed earlier, more than half of 9+ goal scorer in the NHL right now have unsustainable (4-12% higher than career normal) shooting percentage so he is not an anomaly amongst 2020-2021 top scorers.

Ya and they will slow down too they always do, every year there is a group of guys that start out like stars and then it stops.
In a short season some guys might pull out a great pace but most guys will go cold
1 assist in his last 6 games..it’s already started

Last edited:

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Ya and they will slow down too they always do, every year there is a group of guys that start out like stars and then it stops.
In a short season some guys might pull out a great pace but most guys will go cold
just asking but is that the same objective assessment for domi?

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
for the record I agree with you and have argued with past player discussions that saying well this played is a 30 goal or 60 point player because he paced this way through 50 games is a farce. there is something to be said about needing to find consistency and grinding through a full slate of games whether it be health, performance, or motivation

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
this aged like milk for columbus. thus far:

Anderson:
18 games played, 9 goals, 12 points

Domi;
20 games played, 3 goals, 7 points

it just doesn't looked like Domi is playing out of it any time soon and anderson has been a gem for the habs

I mean 9 goals is nice and Anderson is far better of a player but a 5 point difference isn't "aging like milk" either.

Domi has sucked here and Anderson has gotten rave reviews and there's a 5 point difference. Yeah I know Anderson brings far more in other areas too, but lets get a grip a little bit.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
I mean 9 goals is nice and Anderson is far better of a player but a 5 point difference isn't "aging like milk" either.

Domi has sucked here and Anderson has gotten rave reviews and there's a 5 point difference. Yeah I know Anderson brings far more in other areas too, but lets get a grip a little bit.
since when is 9 goals in 18 games something to turn your nose up at and again, anderson has looked every bit a straight forward force when on the ice and not scoring. sitting here and sifting through mere point totals is disingenuous to what's actually happening with each player and you know it

if anyone in columbus had 9 goals in 18 games you'd be over the moon about it

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
since when is 9 goals in 18 games something to turn your nose up at and again, anderson has looked every bit a straight forward force when on the ice and not scoring. sitting here and sifting through mere point totals is disingenuous to what's actually happening with each player and you know it

you're literally the one who posted the point totals.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
you're literally the one who posted the point totals.
and you're literally the one nit picking saying it's not as relevant of impact to what anderson is doing vs domi and it couldn't be more opposite

domi has 3 even strength points this season compared to anderson's 11 (8 being goals). this is far from point totals alone

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
and you're literally the one nit picking saying it's not as relevant of impact to what anderson is doing vs domi and it couldn't be more opposite

1. I thought your name looked familiar. You're the one who has the fascination with shitting on the Blue Jackets team/Columbus as a city whenever you have the chance. Fun!

2. I was literally one of the biggest Josh Anderson fans on the CBJ board. I watched him play every game of his CBJ career and over half of his MTL games. I know what he brings. I already said Anderson is the better player and brings more to the table than scoring. It's no secret Anderson is playing way better, but to write off Domi just...because...is weird. You make it seem like this is the player Domi has always been and this version of Anderson is the version he's always been.

Perhaps Domi is playing some of the worst hockey in his career (which he is) and anderson is playing some of the best? (which he is) There's nothing to suggest Domi won't improve or that Anderson won't come somewhat back down to earth with his goal/point totals.

again, the whole "aging like milk" thing is way over dramatic. It's been like 20 games. You can't judge a trade by 20 games even though Montreal has gotten the reward early.

Last edited:

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
1. I thought your name looked familiar. You're the one who has the fascination with shitting on the Blue Jackets team/Columbus as a city whenever you have the chance. Fun!

2. I was literally one of the biggest Josh Anderson fans on the CBJ board. I watched him play every game of his CBJ career and over half of his MTL games. I know what he brings. I already said Anderson is the better player and brings more to the table than scoring. It's no secret Anderson is playing way better, but to write off Domi just...because...is weird. You make it seem like this is the player Domi has always been and this version of Anderson is the version he's always been.

Perhaps Domi is playing some of the worst hockey in his career (which he is) and anderson is playing some of the best? (which he is) There's nothing to suggest Domi won't improve or that Anderson won't come somewhat back down to earth with his goal/point totals.

again, the whole "aging like milk" thing is way over dramatic. It's been 20 games. You can't judge a trade by 20 games even though Montreal has gotten the reward early.
alright rant all you want, it doesn't change the reality of what's happening for each player. we can move on

Gainesvillain

Apr 9, 2013
Anderson has become a real floater out there.
Yeah, no.

I really think Max will only thrive in a hockey-crazed market and needs to play somewhere like Toronto, Boston, Philly, Montreal etc. Also with a coach who will give him some leeway, and high-skill linemates. He would be a great fit for the Leafs.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Yeah, no.

I really think Max will only thrive in a hockey-crazed market and needs to play somewhere like Toronto, Boston, Philly, Montreal etc. Also with a coach who will give him some leeway, and high-skill linemates. He would be a great fit for the Leafs.

Yeah... he was especially floaty the last 2 games against Ottawa.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad