Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] Max Domi signs extension (2 years, $5.3M AAV)

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
1. I said Danault can fill in as 2C if/when needed.

2. I'm a Habs fan who hasn't posted in months before the draft.

3. 'Trios' lets out your French. Fries and a diet coke also make a trio lol amirite?

First off Danault's a solid 2C but a terrific 3C. If you got Danault at #3 you're rocking.
Secondly, don't recognize you. I've been on for ages but seldom post or in bursts.
And lastly yeah trio is mostly a French Canadian hockey term but I like how it fits. I don't quite care for line because it reminds me how Russian teams have "lines" consisting of a quintet of players working together.

p.s. Not Quebecois, French is my 2nd language, English my 3rd. I'm what they call a visible minority. Oh and I also get along in German and Spanish.

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
I don't think it's that bad of a deal but lol at his agent coming out and saying how the two year term proves his heartfelt commitment to the Blue Jackets.

"Signing this contract for the exact minimum number of years he's forced to stay here shows how badly my client wants to be a Blue Jacket!"

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
One year in age doesn't make a difference and it remains to be seen if Domi is a C. I personally think he's better on the wing. Besides the Habs are a better team with Anderson and CBJ are a better team with Domi.

I completely agree with your last point : both teams are better after the trade. My point was only that I think MTL should have gotten a better return esp. given Andrson's last year.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Did you watch the game?
He was totally fine and nearly scored, for 2m bucks what more do you want?
4 pt game and 100% face-offs?

Like f, be reasonable.
In this case, Domi was also “quite good”, he set Cam Atkinson up with two nice passes, not his fault Cam can’t finish

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
In this case, Domi was also “quite good”, he set Cam Atkinson up with two nice passes, not his fault Cam can’t finish
I'll take your word for it and not be needlessly argumentative. Since I didnt watch domi nor made any comments on his play, just that Wennberg was playing just fine yesterday.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Not the best start for Max :/

(just 3 games in, I know I know).

It's fair to say he's had a slow start. I didn't notice him much in this game. Moneypuck has him with just 0.1 xGF, finishing near 10% xGF%.

I'm wondering if he is missing the roar of the fans. He wasn't good in the summer playoffs either.

Reactions: Just Linda

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
He’s playing with two very unproductive wingers, hard to just blame Domi

Jenner and Atkinson have been fine away from Domi. Lines have been jumbled plenty so I don't think it's really a linemate quality issue, just a lack of jump and a lack of chemistry.

I can see it now, Torts loving Domi's game while CBJ fans scream at his 1g 4a after 20 games.

If Domi keeps playing like this Torts is not going to love him. I'm not a big Torts guy but it's not like his likes and dislikes are totally arbitrary.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I can see it now, Torts loving Domi's game while CBJ fans scream at his 1g 4a after 20 games.

Domi is not the kinda player who would get loved by an old school coach like Torts despite low scoring totals. You're mistaking him for his daddy.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Jenner and Atkinson have been fine away from Domi. Lines have been jumbled plenty so I don't think it's really a linemate quality issue, just a lack of jump and a lack of chemistry.
Cam hasn’t been fine away from him, if we’re talking this season. Jenner did score a goal but it was totally on a Nashville defenseman

YanniPodz

Jan 17, 2021
Its just puck luck at this point. Atkinson hasn't been very good and Jenners only goal is a breakaway. no one on that line is playing well.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Really dislike Domi in his second season with mtl esp in then playoffs. What a fad he was.
Unfortunately it seems the same bad Domi is showing up for the jackets

Reactions: Maliki2

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
One minute Domi is a 4th line 45 pt C and the next minute he's a 2nd line 70 point C.
Never change HF.
LMAO!

How many times do I have to quote your posts from September when it was suggested that Domi for Anderson was a proposed trade.

upload_2021-1-18_16-28-14.png

upload_2021-1-18_16-28-40.png

And this is only 2 of your posts. Please keep your "Never change HF" comments to yourself unless you're prepared to take a DEEP look in the mirror. Good lord.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Get ready for a lot of frustration with Max. He tries, too hard it seems. Makes tentative high risks low success plays. CJ put him on the Habs 4th line for a reason lol

I don't think he's trying too hard right now. Looks like he's maybe tentative and over thinking things. I'm also wondering if he needs some fans in the seats to get the fire going.

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
We had some comments from a few Habs fans when he signed that the Jackets lost the trade because they only got two years out of him, while the Habs got Anderson signed for seven. I said at the time that you don't want to sign either guy for very long term. Domi isn't a consistent contributor, and so far he's struggled. Whether they even want to keep him in two years will depend on how he plays between now and then. They might want him gone. I think Anderson is worth every penny of his AAV, and he's dearly missed, but the back half of that deal could kill the Habs when they're trying to contend. His playstyle does not lend itself to longevity.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
We had some comments from a few Habs fans when he signed that the Jackets lost the trade because they only got two years out of him, while the Habs got Anderson signed for seven. I said at the time that you don't want to sign either guy for very long term. Domi isn't a consistent contributor, and so far he's struggled. Whether they even want to keep him in two years will depend on how he plays between now and then. They might want him gone. I think Anderson is worth every penny of his AAV, and he's dearly missed, but the back half of that deal could kill the Habs when they're trying to contend. His playstyle does not lend itself to longevity.

We need to give this trade some time to breathe. I don’t think an Anderson quick start and a struggling start for Domi is indicative of much. Neither player has been consistent through their career.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I remember being blown away by Domi as a rookie.
For whatever reason, seems like's never lived up to it.
If he had his father's bravery, he'd be a 55-70 point guy every year.
Instead, there are games you don't even here his name called.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad