Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] Max Domi signs extension (2 years, $5.3M AAV)

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
It doesn’t matter. Anderson sucks too.
lmao no he doesn't, he enter teh zones from the board, he is too big to be moved and everytime it works.

you clearly didn't watch him this year, he never miss a zone entry, sit please.

and to ADD to your insult, he was the best habs forward since 5-6 games. just stop.

Reactions: majormajor

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Who didnt guess that Domi wasnt a Torts style center? Much like Wennberg. They are both get up and down the ice, offensive threats.

Torts tried to institute more of that style with very little camp after years of the defensive strategy. Just as unsurprising as Domi not being a good fit, changing styles with little transition time isnt going well.

Reactions: ThisIsMyAlibi

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Ya so I came into here to defend Max, because a few in the Columbus games I've caught, he looked decent.

However, looking at his underlying numbers...just yikes. Max is not performing well this season.

I think Julien's system was boosting his numbers, much like many other current Hab players.

Njfj

Feb 14, 2015
Lol watching two fan bases argue who got the better middle six winger...

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Continue to troll... Glad Anderson has played well. Obviously Domi not contributing in the manner hoped but, and I'll say it yet again, the CBJ team as a whole has been awful. Some changes work immediately, others take time. We should just continue to determine this trade value day by day. Oddly, sounds just like the PLD for Laine discussion.

What's funny about you trolling is that you'll find 9 out of 10 CBJ fans (if not more) that wanted to keep Anderson. We knew his value, we knew what he could bring. His start isn't the least bit surprising except to the Habs fans that insisted he was trash - or those people that like to troll.

Enjoy it. Anderson is a good one. Domi just taking longer to get there - maybe he never does, which would be disappointing to say the least - but I'm not judging this one until both have a little time under their belt.
it's trolling to point out this trade bombed? I get you're trying to position it as "Domi taking longer to get there" but the reality is he's a terrible fit and he isn't doing a massive turn around in columbus and certainly not under torts

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
it's trolling to point out this trade bombed? I get you're trying to position it as "Domi taking longer to get there" but the reality is he's a terrible fit and he isn't doing a massive turn around in columbus and certainly not under torts

lmao, he literally said he may not get there. His post was a great response to your coming in with “sour milk blah blah blah.”
I mean, yeah, this trade doesn’t look great for C-bus, but that’s a LOT of gloating for a 5 point difference in production. And in a very strange season at that.

no defending the BJs, the trade, Domi and Anderson’s production or lack thereof, but it’s not like one has 3 points and the other has 27.

Reactions: Xoggz22

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
lmao, he literally said he may not get there. His post was a great response to your coming in with “sour milk blah blah blah.”
I mean, yeah, this trade doesn’t look great for C-bus, but that’s a LOT of gloating for a 5 point difference in production. And in a very strange season at that.

no defending the BJs, the trade, Domi and Anderson’s production or lack thereof, but it’s not like one has 3 points and the other has 27.
I mean there's also the eye test... anderson has looked very impactful up and down the ice and Domi has looked lost and a turnover machine. his underlying numbers are also brutal

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I mean there's also the eye test... anderson has looked very impactful up and down the ice and Domi has looked lost and a turnover machine. his underlying numbers are also brutal

I guess, but Domi only has 6 more turnovers than Anderson and he has 3 more takeaways, certainly not great but again...not what you’re making it out to be. Both clubs are having their share of struggles. Just not sure why you felt the need to come in here raving is all.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
josh anderson tied for 13th in goal scoring in the league

he sucks tho, what a hot take
His shot % is 8% higher than his 6 year average, so it's questionable whether he'll stay that high in the goal scoring race.

upload_2021-2-26_22-19-11.png

Reactions: unitedstars87

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
This thread is fun. You don't always see both teams fans flip flop at the same time.

Before the trade:

Habs fans: Domi is a 70+ pt center, what are you adding to Anderson?

Cbj fans: nothing lol Anderson is amazing and we have no desire to trade him so domi++

20 games after the trade:

Habs fans: Domi sucked look at how bad he is on cbj Anderson has been good.

Cbj fans: oh yeah Anderson sucks too look at how he's injured already!
I feel compelled to point out that the bolded was exactly one (1) guy. Not "CBJ fans" - one guy.

Reactions: Laus723

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Viqsi was saying it throughout the entire ordeal.
Technically there was a little more nuance to it than that, but it's still close enough that I'll take the L for that one for the time being. Altho if Domi does bounce back I reserve the right to claim we've gone into overtime and I haven't actually lost. :D

(In my partial defense, I don't think anyone except the most grumpy of Habs fans really thought Domi was going to be this terrible. And I'm not sure if any of those guys felt any better about Anderson at the time, frankly.)

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
His shot % is 8% higher than his 6 year average, so it's questionable whether he'll stay that high in the goal scoring race.

View attachment 400929
The same could be said about Matthews, Toffoli, Boeser, Brown, Scheifele, Pavelski, Couture, Connor and Van Riemsdyk , Marchand, Gaudreau, Stamkos, Dvorak, Pastarnak, Backstrom, Kreider, Pageau which all have a higher or similar s% than Anderson currently and are ahead or tie with him in goal this season.

Matthews (22 vs 16. 2 career)
Boeser (20 vs 13.6 career)
Brown (29 vs career 9.9 )
Scheifele (25.6 vs career 16.3)
Pavelski (27 vs career 12.6)
Couture (20.8 vs 12.8 career)
Connor (17.5 vs career 15.6)
Van Riemsdyk (25 vs career 12.2)

And I could keep going with a bunch of 9 goal guy shooting in the 20+%.

Point being he is for from being the only one with an abnormally high shooting percentage . Actually his is more sustainable than a lot of other current top scorer.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
The same could be said about Matthews, Toffoli, Boeser, Brown, Scheifele, Pavelski, Couture, Connor and Van Riemsdyk , Marchand, Gaudreau, Stamkos, Dvorak, Pastarnak, Backstrom, Kreider, Pageau which all have a higher or similar s% than Anderson currently and are ahead or tie with him in goal this season.

Matthews (22 vs 16. 2 career)
Boeser (20 vs 13.6 career)
Brown (29 vs career 9.9 )
Scheifele (25.6 vs career 16.3)
Pavelski (27 vs career 12.6)
Couture (20.8 vs 12.8 career)
Connor (17.5 vs career 15.6)
Van Riemsdyk (25 vs career 12.2)

And I could keep going with a bunch of 9 goal guy shooting in the 20+%.

Point being he is for from being the only one with an abnormally high shooting percentage . Actually his is more sustainable than a lot of other current top scorer.
Funny how most of the guys you named play in the Canadian division. Could bad defense and goaltending play a part?...

Reactions: Xoggz22

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
I guess, but Domi only has 6 more turnovers than Anderson and he has 3 more takeaways, certainly not great but again...not what you’re making it out to be. Both clubs are having their share of struggles. Just not sure why you felt the need to come in here raving is all.
since when is what I posted raving? I posted some stat lines saying this aged really bad in trade value. seems you are sensitive to try and overcorrect the narrative or disprove it otherwise. I'm not saying Domi is terrible but I get columbus wasn't happy with anderson's injury history and production recently, it was just more of a boggling decision to take domi in return for him knowing his style of play, columbus's current head coach, and the existing gripes Domi had about his own perceived role in montreal

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015

View attachment 400929
anderson is a power forward though, his goals are the result of him driving the net and getting dirty, which always result in higher shooting percentages. if this was a finesse player just sniping the back of the net at a high rate, sure. but he was finally healthy after a long layoff and looked like a bull. if anything I would be less worried about shooting percentages and more worried about holding up that style of play and tenacity to body his way to the net

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Funny how most of the guys you named play in the Canadian division. Could bad defense and goaltending play a part?...
No doubt the Canadian division is weaker defensively and in front of the net, but this thread is about Anderson vs Domi.

Anderson currently sits at 9th in goal scored amongst skaters from Canadian teams, which include arguably the 2 best players in the world.

Domi sits at 10th in goal scored amongst BLUE JACKETS skaters.

It depends here on how much weight you put on goals vs assists, but the edge for Anderson is clear on this one.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
There is very little comparison right now, but we have to look at this over a season. Last night, Anderson was hurt and that caused another collective heart attack in Habland. Apparently he has been nursing a few minor issues.

A healthy Anderson is at another level compared to the current version of Domi. Period. Domi biggest enemy is not his toolbelt of abilities, it's between his ears and attitude.

Let's hope both teams "win" by Habs having a healthy Anderson and Domi becoming a 200ft player.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
No doubt the Canadian division is weaker defensively and in front of the net, but this thread is about Anderson vs Domi.

Anderson currently sits at 9th in goal scored amongst skaters from Canadian teams, which include arguably the 2 best players in the world.

Domi sits at 10th in goal scored amongst BLUE JACKETS skaters.

It depends here on how much weight you put on goals vs assists, but the edge for Anderson is clear on this one.

Anderson at normal shooting % is sitting at like 8 points his numbers will drop

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad