Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] Max Domi signs extension (2 years, $5.3M AAV)

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
My buddy watched his game on Saturday I think it was (whenever their last game was before today) he's a habs fan and said Domi looked not too bad. He said Domi set up 3 teammates who couldn't finish

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I like Max and in his 1st year in montreal he was as productive as any C in Mtl for the last decade. He played with his buddy Drouin and Shaw - which was significant because Andrew kept that line awake. He was also highly motivated playing in a pressure cooker hockey market. Last year wasn't terrible - he still would've finished with around 50 pts, but the team was decimated by injuries - especially his line and Julien didn't like his two-way game. The pandemic hurt him a lot. He was worried his TD1 would be affected by the virulence of Covid (perfectly normal) and he showed up late for camp and never got motivated playing in empty arenas. He said as much during interviews. Was it an excuse? Maybe. He was surpassed by Kotkaniemi who came back from Finland, bigger, stronger and ready.

I hope he turns it around, there were whispers he was pouting in Mtl during his second season and in the bubble. He didn't get on with Julien and I worry he won't with Torts who's even more aggressive and structured in his game planning. I still expect him to. But he does need line mates who can score off his passes - and he has to be able to freewheel off the rush. If he plays with scrubs, he won't be putting up many points in CB. He's not someone who regularly drives a line

Demon Wolf

Feb 22, 2013
I remember being blown away by Domi as a rookie.
For whatever reason, seems like's never lived up to it.
If he had his father's bravery, he'd be a 55-70 point guy every year.
Instead, there are games you don't even here his name called.

His first season in Montreal was terrific. At his best, he is a great mix of speed, skill and tenacity.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
this aged like milk for columbus. thus far:

Anderson:
18 games played, 9 goals, 12 points

Domi;
20 games played, 3 goals, 7 points

it just doesn't looked like Domi is playing out of it any time soon and anderson has been a gem for the habs

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019

Anderson:

Domi;

it just doesn't looked like Domi is playing out of it any time soon and anderson has been a gem for the habs
Kinda of a weird take just after Anderson has been injured yet AGAIN. He's been great for us, but there is big question marks surrounding his health. At this rate, I don't know if he will make it to his thirties.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
LMAO!

How many times do I have to quote your posts from September when it was suggested that Domi for Anderson was a proposed trade.

View attachment 385505

View attachment 385506

And this is only 2 of your posts. Please keep your "Never change HF" comments to yourself unless you're prepared to take a DEEP look in the mirror. Good lord.
How did I miss this gem lmao

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Kinda of a weird take just after Anderson has been injured yet AGAIN. He's been great for us, but there is big question marks surrounding his health. At this rate, I don't know if he will make it to his thirties.
as opposed to domi playing 11/12 min a game and being invisible/ a turnover machine?

also, anderson had a freak incident with a slewfoot tonight, surely had nothing to do with being injury prone but it doesn't sound serious

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area

Anderson:

Domi;

Anderson hasn’t scored in like 6 games

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
LMAO!

How many times do I have to quote your posts from September when it was suggested that Domi for Anderson was a proposed trade.

View attachment 385505

View attachment 385506

And this is only 2 of your posts. Please keep your "Never change HF" comments to yourself unless you're prepared to take a DEEP look in the mirror. Good lord.

This is amazing

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
what's the defense for Domi with 1 goal and 2 pts in his last 7 games and overall less impact than anderson?
Domi is also abysmal ES (3 even strength points to be exact)

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio

Anderson:

Domi;

Continue to troll... Glad Anderson has played well. Obviously Domi not contributing in the manner hoped but, and I'll say it yet again, the CBJ team as a whole has been awful. Some changes work immediately, others take time. We should just continue to determine this trade value day by day. Oddly, sounds just like the PLD for Laine discussion.

What's funny about you trolling is that you'll find 9 out of 10 CBJ fans (if not more) that wanted to keep Anderson. We knew his value, we knew what he could bring. His start isn't the least bit surprising except to the Habs fans that insisted he was trash - or those people that like to troll.

Enjoy it. Anderson is a good one. Domi just taking longer to get there - maybe he never does, which would be disappointing to say the least - but I'm not judging this one until both have a little time under their belt.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
what's the defense for Domi with 1 goal and 2 pts in his last 7 games and overall less impact than anderson?
Domi is also abysmal ES (3 even strength points to be exact)
No defense. He hasn't played well like most of the CBJ team. He's clearly not playing but trying to think. His effort is there but his grasp of the CBJ concept has not gone well.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Completely unnecessary. Anderson has far outperformed Domi at this point. He could go goalless in 15 straight and has still made a greater impact thus for. Domi hasn't adjusted. Neither side should be taking the win/loss for this deal. But, alas, it's certainly reasonable to have these debates on a fan board.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Is Domi better at center than wing or is he playing in the middle because the blue jackets have a need there? He looks both decently smart and pretty darn skilled so I expected more from him.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
It doesn’t matter. Anderson sucks too.

You've clearly not been watching. The entire Habs team has been struggling hard and Anderson has been our best, most spirited forward through the slump. Most nights he's the only one who seems to give a damn out there.

Spargon

May 31, 2019
This thread is fun. You don't always see both teams fans flip flop at the same time.

Before the trade:

Habs fans: Domi is a 70+ pt center, what are you adding to Anderson?

Cbj fans: nothing lol Anderson is amazing and we have no desire to trade him so domi++

20 games after the trade:

Habs fans: Domi sucked look at how bad he is on cbj Anderson has been good.

Cbj fans: oh yeah Anderson sucks too look at how he's injured already!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->