Confirmed Signing with Link: [CBJ] Max Domi signs extension (2 years, $5.3M AAV)

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
A lot of people here saying Domi was traded because MB wanted more term, but it's quite likely Anderson signs short term too, maybe less money.

Habs should try to add another skilled LW.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
This is a riot . A two year deal that walks domi to unrestricted free agency and fans that hate the Habs can spin it that it’s a great deal . Yesterday it was gonna be 6x6 but today it great not to have to commit to much . I’m predicting 5x5 for Anderson and can’t wait to hear the spin doctors on that . Bring on the Gordon Howe hattricks

Reactions: TT1 and malcb33

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
A lot of people here saying Domi was traded because MB wanted more term, but it's quite likely Anderson signs short term too, maybe less money.

I see it as Domi was traded because he was a bit of a headache with his demands, plus he really didn't fit in with the team after the emergence of Suzuki and KK at center. And Montreal wanted to get bigger.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
???
Anderson had more interest in the market
Domi will be gone in 2 years
Domi will be hated by cbj in 2 years anyway
Anderson will be cheaper $$$
And probably sign longer.
Thatss bad asset management?

Asset A is younger, plays a more valuable position on the 2nd line, has better offensive production, was not injured last year. And you prefer asset B ?

Pretty sure MTL is overvaluing a 26 year who never produced more than 47 points.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I see it as Domi was traded because he was a bit of a headache with his demands, plus he really didn't fit in with the team after the emergence of Suzuki and KK at center. And Montreal wanted to get bigger.

Exactly. We all knew this going in, not sure why people are trying to change the storyline now.

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
This is a riot . A two year deal that walks domi to unrestricted free agency and fans that hate the Habs can spin it that it’s a great deal . Yesterday it was gonna be 6x6 but today it great not to have to commit to much . I’m predicting 5x5 for Anderson and can’t wait to hear the spin doctors on that . Bring on the Gordon Howe hattricks

Oh get over yourself. I like Montreal better without Domi. Domi is a good short term punt for Columbus. I wouldn't trust him with a long term contract just yet. Is he the real thing or a journeyman? His time in Columbus should be telling. I'm expecting more of the same, ups and downs and a bit of sideshow to go with it, then UFA.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Give Anderson 20 games first .
The league has already given him 250+ games, can't score 0.5 PPG, what more do you expect ? Maybe the scouts are hoping Suzuki will help him produce more but he needs to reach 60 points a year with low PIM, high PPG impact and +/- to make the trade worth it. Domi was the best offensive C the Habs had, as sad as it is to say.

Getting of topic I know, regarding the contract my point was it is a great deal for CBJ and for Domi, should also incentivize him properly

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019

Andy is on record saying he wants long term and also said he wants a long term contract with the Habs. I think it was posted on tsn.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
The league has already given him 250+ games, can't score 0.5 PPG, what more do you expect ? Maybe the scouts are hoping Suzuki will help him produce more but he needs to reach 60 points a year with low PIM, high PPG impact and +/- to make the trade worth it. Domi was the best offensive C the Habs had, as sad as it is to say.

Getting of topic I know, regarding the contract my point was it is a great deal for CBJ and for Domi, should also incentivize him properly
He a goal scorer not a point getter. He has more goals than assist. Habs need goal scorers.Good deal for the Habs.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Asset A is younger, plays a more valuable position on the 2nd line, has better offensive production, was not injured last year. And you prefer asset B ?

Pretty sure MTL is overvaluing a 26 year who never produced more than 47 points.
One minute Domi is a 4th line 45 pt C and the next minute he's a 2nd line 70 point C.
Never change HF.

Reactions: malcb33

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Oh get over yourself. I like Montreal better without Domi. Domi is a good short term punt for Columbus. I wouldn't trust him with a long term contract just yet. Is he the real thing or a journeyman? His time in Columbus should be telling. I'm expecting more of the same, ups and downs and a bit of sideshow to go with it, then UFA.
They should have at least been able to get 1-2 extra years Out of it .

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012

Incentivize him to test free agency

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Nobody ever said that Domi was a 4th liner. Stop making things up
They didn't? Maybe you should go check out some of the Domi/ Laine trades. In it was nobody wanted our 4th line C. So yes some claimed that Domi was a 4th line C. So stop making accusations when you have no clue what your talking about.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Those are clearly people that want to get quoted. If anybody in this board think Domi is a 4th liner . Maybe they should go watch curling instead.
Than maybe you should watch what you say instead of basically calling other poster liars when in fact they were telling the truth.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Playing with Panarin? The same Panarin that gave like 4-5 Rangers career years in his first season with the Rags?

No problem, bro
oh for the love of G-d Almighty when will this hopeless f***ing myth finally f***ing die agonizingly in the g-ddamn gutter like it deserves

Anderson, in that year, played more g-ddamned minutes with Ryan f***ing Dzingel than he did Panarin. And Dzingel was a DEADLINE RENTAL. The overwhelming majority of Anderson's minutes were with Nick Foligno and Boone Jenner.

Please, everybody, for the love of G-d cease vomiting out this particular line of bullshit. It's not that hard to check.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
oh for the love of G-d Almighty when will this hopeless f***ing myth finally f***ing die agonizingly in the g-ddamn gutter like it deserves

Anderson, in that year, played more g-ddamned minutes with Ryan f***ing Dzingel than he did Panarin. And Dzingel was a DEADLINE RENTAL. The overwhelming majority of Anderson's minutes were with Nick Foligno and Boone Jenner.

Please, everybody, for the love of G-d cease vomiting out this particular line of bullshit. It's not that hard to check.
Thank you for stating the truth.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

Ya we're overvaluing him.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Why does everything have to be that someone is great or someone sucks? The truth is that both have high potential but neither have fully realized it and both have had issues with their management and ups and downs on the ice. The question is, will one or both ever realize what I think is their full potential is or will they languish for whatever reason? It seems that some here think that this can be determined before either ever play a game for their new team...

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Why does everything have to be that someone is great or someone sucks? The truth is that both have high potential but neither have fully realized it and both have had issues with their management and ups and downs on the ice. The question is, will one or both ever realize what I think is their full potential is or will they languish for whatever reason? It seems that some here think that this can be determined before either ever play a game for their new team...
You're too rational for the kids on these Boards...

:thumbu:

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
I like the trade for both teams, Anderson will be a 40-50 point guy MAX, but very effective likely on a line with Drouin-Suzki. I expect he'll get a 4-5 year deal in the coming days for around that 5M range.

I liked the deal for the Jackets below this contact. IMO you could have had Domi for 5 years at 6M/6.5M. 25-30 age range is perfect. 2 years is the worse, if even if he just plays decent, a 50 point C, 27 years old UFA, will command top dollars, and he plays great, that figure goes even higher.

If the Jackets weren't sold on Domi, they just have played hard ball got a 1 year deal revisit next summer with a still RFA Domi.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Torts will be sick of him after 40 games
Quite possibly.
I've always found it interesting when people who struggle to control their emotions have serious issues with other people who struggle to control their emotions.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Yikes, this is a pretty terrible deal for Columbus, walks Domi straight to unrestricted free agency. Awesome for Domi though - if he has a good 2 seasons he’s gonna get PAID! And he still got decent AAV, considering the term is absolutely perfect for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad