Carter Hart to wear mask honoring Emery, features Holtby assault

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
I hate the Caps but this is a bit over the top. There’s a way to pay tribute to Emery without disrespecting a player from another team. And I bet 99% of all the people that’ll say I’m soft for saying this would lose their &@&! if a player from their team was being disrespected like this. Can you imagine the outrage from Philly if a goalie from Jersey paid “tribute” to Scott Stevens by showing him laying out a concussed Lindros?

This.

This is how I view a lot of things when it comes to fan bases.

If youre cool with this helmet? Dont complain when an opponent makes fun of an incident or injury to one of your guys.

If youre cool with your player just attacking another player for no reason and then not letting up? Dont complain when a player rag dolls one of your stars and doesnt let up.

Dont be a hypocrite. Next time a player initiates and then rag dolls one of your non-fighters ... dont complain about it. But you will. We all do it, we all know it and we all deny we do it. lol.

----------

Saddest part - this is one of the biggest moments in Emery's career? A guy with mental health problems and you want to show case his lowest mental health moment on the ice? Is it really celebrating the guys career ... seems it highlighting his lack of character, mental issues and zero good play.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Goalie fights and goalie goals are things to celebrate. Usually something memorable in sports has someone on the losing end. I’m sure devils still celebrate Scott Stevens ending eric Lindros’s career. Ugly scene but it was part of the sport at the time.
The Stevens hit on Lindros was 20 years ago, and occurred during game play.

The Emery beating was what, 5 years ago? And as I said earlier he skated the length of the rink to fight a goalie who wanted no part of it. And he did it very early in melee. It's not like he was waiting around. He immediately seized the opportunity to put a beating on someone.

Under current rules he would've been suspended for fighting an unwilling combatant.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I hate the Caps but this is a bit over the top. There’s a way to pay tribute to Emery without disrespecting a player from another team. And I bet 99% of all the people that’ll say I’m soft for saying this would lose their &@&! if a player from their team was being disrespected like this. Can you imagine the outrage from Philly if a goalie from Jersey paid “tribute” to Scott Stevens by showing him laying out a concussed Lindros?

Exactly what I was going to say. Not like I care that much, but I think it's in bad taste to put that on the mask. Honor the guy all you want, but it doesn't have to be at another guys expense. I liked Emery overall, but my opinion of him dropped after his attack on Holtby. Wouldn't call it one of his finest moments.

NextYear67

Averaging over a like per post
Mar 2, 2018
GTA
giphy.gif

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
Almost every player does something in bad taste:

Mario Lemieux - attacking an NHL referee
Sidney Crosby - punching a player in the balls

Players make mistakes , no big deal...

Exactly what I was going to say. Not like I care that much, but I think it's in bad taste to put that on the mask. Honor the guy all you want, but it doesn't have to be at another guys expense. I liked Emery overall, but my opinion of him dropped after his attack on Holtby. Wouldn't call it one of his finest moments.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
The Emery beating was what, 5 years ago? And as I said earlier he skated the length of the rink to fight a goalie who wanted no part of it. And he did it very early in melee. It's not like he was waiting around. He immediately seized the opportunity to put a beating on someone.
And then he had the gall to say that he (Emery) "had no choice" lmao.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Ok with the mask even if the moment is a poor choice.

Hated watching that fight. Holtby didn't do shit on the play so why attack him? Animosity and beat downs after questionable but mostly clean hits annoy me less than this. If someone who was not involved in the 'offending' play doesn't want to fight you respect that and keep the gloves on .If they messed with your team in some way, then fair game. Otherwise you can push, shove, face wash, etc. but keep the damn gloves on and def no damned rabbit punches.

iame

Jul 15, 2011
Finland
This sounds like Hart wants to stir up some shit. And we will be getting back to this topic every time a capitals player touches him.

Reactions: Neil Racki

pooch

May 30, 2017
Ok with the mask even if the moment is a poor choice.

Hated watching that fight. Holtby didn't do **** on the play so why attack him? Animosity and beat downs after questionable but mostly clean hits annoy me less than this. If someone who was not involved in the 'offending' play doesn't want to fight you respect that and keep the gloves on .If they messed with your team in some way, then fair game. Otherwise you can push, shove, face wash, etc. but keep the damn gloves on and def no damned rabbit punches.
I seem to recall he pointed at the scoreboard or something which made Emery mad. I could be wrong about that.

Reactions: romba and AzHawk

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I'll always remember Emery as a goalie for the Senators.

I remember going by their board after they lost to the Ducks in the SCF in 07, a poster said something along the lines of "thats the last game I want to see a boxer play goal for us".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad