TSN: Carlo Calaiacovo rumour about Rick Nash (TOR)

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I can tell you confidently that if he does plan on coming back its either with Columbus (most likely) or with Toronto (which depends on his view of Columbus' chances).

His #1 priority would be to return to Columbus. However, if they aren't in the mix or aren't looking well he would consider Toronto.

(all of this after him feeling better, of course. If he doesn't feel better he won't play.)

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
If he’s healthy and playing similar to last year, I’d love to sign him to a 1-year deal.

Marleau - Matthews - Nylander
Nash - Tavares - Marner
Hyman - Kadri - Kapanen
Johnsson - Lindholm - Brown

That’s ... pretty nuts.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
That's not even a rumour. That's a guy who used to play as a depth defenceman, speculating about something absurd. If Rick Nash comes back, he's not playing in the minors. He's signing an NHL deal to play in the NHL, if he's healthy and wants to do so. Maybe you get a very brief "conditioning stint" but even that seems farfetched.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Not sure if he'd actually help, assuming Nylander comes back and Hyman gets out of the top six then is Nash good enough anymore to actually replace any players in the Leafs top six?

Wasn't very good in the playoffs for Boston imo.
Why the top 6? Nash has to be an upgrade on at least one or two of their bottom 6 wingers; plunk him there.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Marleau - Matthews - Kapanen
Nash - Kadri - Nylander
Johnsson - Lindholm - Brown

Wew lad

Where I think he would help allot is the second unit PP.
Nylander, Marleau, Nash, Gardiner, Kapanen/Johnsson.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
My lineup would be different than what most have posted....

Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Matthews-Kapanen
Leivo-Kadri-Nylander
Nash-Lindholm-Brown

Danny1237

Jun 12, 2016
Well it feels to me that he isn't coming back, but I think he played a lot better than people gave him credit for last year, and he is very good defensively for a winger. I could see the Leafs having interest in pairing him with Kadri as part of a shutdown line for a playoff run. I think they will want to look for ways to help keep Kadri engaged so that he can contribute. Right now playing with Brown and Leivo he is asked to do too much at 5 on 5, so giving him a good two way winger, and maybe having Kapanen on the other side later in the year, could make for a solid 3rd line that can do damage, but isn't a focal point offensively.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
My lineup would be different than what most have posted....

Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Marleau-Matthews-Kapanen
Leivo-Kadri-Nylander
Nash-Lindholm-Brown
If he's truly healthy, he has no business on the 4th line.

Also a big fat LOL to Leafs fans saying no thanks.

If that's not the definition of a low risk, high reward deal, I doubt know what is..

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
A) I don't actually think he'll play again.
B) If he does play, a team will make a mistake if they pay for offense.
C) He looks like he can still be an effective player. Heavy on the puck and responsible on the ice.
D) If it's here, I think he's perfect beside Naz.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
If he's truly healthy, he has no business on the 4th line.

Also a big fat LOL to Leafs fans saying no thanks.

If that's not the definition of a low risk, high reward deal, I doubt know what is..

This Leaf fan is all for it, I say stack this roster as much as possible

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Where there's smoke there's fire, and the Leafs LW is their weakest forward position. On a good deal I think it makes sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad