TSN: Carlo Calaiacovo rumour about Rick Nash (TOR)

Tmart335

Aug 19, 2018
Right.

No chance he'd be an upgrade over Ennis or Leivo.

No chance!

Lol you mean the ennis that scored 22 pts in 73 games last year? The 5'9 , 163 lb ennis? Same Ennis who hasnt scored over 8 goals since 2014?

I mean I'm no huge nash fan, but he is 6'3; scored 22 last year (better than ennis career high) and has over 1000 career games played. I have no idea how you dont see him as an upgrade over ennis lol

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Lol you mean the ennis that scored 22 pts in 73 games last year? The 5'9 , 163 lb ennis? Same Ennis who hasnt scored over 8 goals since 2014?

I mean I'm no huge nash fan, but he is 6'3; scored 22 last year (better than ennis career high) and has over 1000 career games played. I have no idea how you dont see him as an upgrade over ennis lol

Nash is a clear upgrade for the bottom 6.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario

Nash also has a very under-rated defensive game. He’d be a great ft with Kadri.

Reactions: SHANNYPLAN

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough

Your ability to pick up on sarcasm is outstanding.

Reactions: TimeZone and BM14

New Liskeard

Jul 7, 2007
Its clear Nash is not the same player he once was. That being said, if he is healthy he would be an upgrade on the bottom 6 for the Leafs and makes them a better team. Really a no brainer; and would look good on the second power play unit with Marleau and Nylander.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Its clear Nash is not the same player he once was. That being said, if he is healthy he would be an upgrade on the bottom 6 for the Leafs and makes them a better team. Really a no brainer; and would look good on the second power play unit with Marleau and Nylander.
Also, if he’s a late season add, he’ll be well rested for the playoffs.

Reactions: TimeZone

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Yeah, I doubt this profusely. Dude lives in Columbus and had some meetings with Jarmo and JD in the offseason. If he comes back at all (which I'm not certain of) it's more likely than not going to be Columbus. He's not a guy who has ever liked the bright spotlight of a place like Toronto.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Might be the push Kadri needs on that line. Another London guy....

Nash - Kadri - Kapanen would be a tough line to play your 3rd unit against

With Nylander back it makes PP2 a deadly option

Matthews- Tavares - Nylander
Rielly - Marner

Nash - Kadri - Marleau
Gardiner - Ennis

Reactions: Koolboss

Kazcram

May 13, 2012
Shakespeare Ontario
im not too sure he would really be into playing bottom 6 in toronto ? Knowing his spot in say boston and columbus being top 6 he may opt to play there

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Sorry, the replacement on the 2nd PP will be Ennis before its Leivo.
I agree and quite frankly I would rather have Kap there over Ennis too but Babcock has his ways so it is what it is.

I know it appears that I'm not a fan of Nash but quite frankly I would rather spend any extra cap we have on defence and I would much rather players like Brown and Kap get playing time.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I liked him in Boston until he got his bell rung. Always liked him as a player before he came over.

Now I hope he calls it a career and doesn’t live life eating through a straw

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Just saying, but years ago Nash was on OTR when he just signed his extension with NYR. Michael Landsberg told Nash what do you have to say to all the Leafs fans that you just broke their hearts ? Nash said "I'll still be young at 34 years old"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad