TSN: Carlo Calaiacovo rumour about Rick Nash (TOR)

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Sorry this is how rumours get created

A non source asks a source a question and we read into

Nash needs to get healthy regardless of where he plays

It just happened the leafs were mentioned

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Marleau Matthews Nylander
Hyman Tavares Marner
Nash Kadri Kapanen
Johnsson Lindholm Brown

Sign me up for that forward group going into the playoffs. :nod:

member 300185

No one hopefully. Nash is not a great player anymore and is certainly not the type of player the Leafs should be looking at.
Was he ever a star? He hasn't been a PPG player for 10 years. Only scored 40 or more 2 times with 42 being the highest. He has a whole career field with 30 and 20 goal seasons. I say no thanks.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Was he ever a star? He hasn't been a PPG player for 10 years. Only scored 40 or more 2 times with 42 being the highest. He has a whole career field with 30 and 20 goal seasons. I say no thanks.
I mean I'm not going to trash on the type of player he used to be. That being said bringing in Nash relegate Kappy, Brownie or Hyman to the 4th line. To be honest I think all of those players are better than Nash is right now in various ways.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Nash is basically a good 2-way 3rd liner at this point. Which is why I thought it was so funny that the Bruins gave up so much for him.

I'd stick him with Kadri.
What exactly is “Bruins gave up so much for him” , they gave quantities but certainly not quality.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
What exactly is “Bruins gave up so much for him” , they gave quantities but certainly not quality.

They basically gave up a 1st and 2 2nds for him. The pick, Lindgren(2nd round pick), and Spooner, who probably has the trade value of a 2nd round pick or so (maybe more).

That's quantity and quality, considering how valuable top 60 picks are these days.

Reactions: kevrondl

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
They basically gave up a 1st and 2 2nds for him. The pick, Lindgren(2nd round pick), and Spooner, who probably has the trade value of a 2nd round pick or so (maybe more).

That's quantity and quality, considering how valuable top 60 picks are these days.
Spooner will never get a second rounder, never! Lindgren will probably develope into a 4-6 dman, Bruins have lots of those, so in reality the Bruins didn’t give up much to get not much.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014

Yeah there were lots of people who were questioning that trade even some Bruins fans. I certainly don't believe the return was worth it.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
If Nash weren't getting paid like a mega star most of his career there would have been more acceptance. I think if he took a really low deal, where he could slot in on a third line, he would actually be better. He's still good defensively and a monster when he takes the puck to the net. If he weren't going against top pairs every night, I think he could make a lot of defenses look silly.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Roster depth

You do realize that Sam Gagner was more productive than Nash over the last two seasons, don't you... Add to this the fact that Nash is older and comes from a concussion, he can probably add some depth to the Marlies...

Reactions: Dustin

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Sign Nash, Two 50% retention trades to get Gagner for $750k :

Marleau-Matthews-Kapanen
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Leivo/Johnsson-Kadri-Nylander
Nash-Gagner-Brown 4th line lol

Defense : Rielly, whoever else.

No matter how many teams are involved, only 50% of the cap hit can be retained, so at best Gagner comes at 1.575m.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
https://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050/first-up-with-landsberg-and-colaiacovo

Asked Bob Mackenzie if it's true about the rumour that "Rick Nash will return to TOR, train with the Marlies, and then play for the Leafs on their stretch drive".

Bob didn't shoot down the rumour, but said that Rick Nash will have to feel healthy and recover from his concussion first.

Who should Nash play with ?

Tavares, Matthews, or Kadri?

Wow the Leafs are deadly...
You wanna provide a timestamp?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Sign Nash, Two 50% retention trades to get Gagner for $750k :

Marleau-Matthews-Kapanen
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Leivo/Johnsson-Kadri-Nylander
Nash-Gagner-Brown 4th line lol

Defense : Rielly, whoever else.
How is Gagner gonna be reduced to 750k? I don't think you understand how retention in trade works.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
So the Leafs are gonna get another player that has never won anything?

Awesome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad