TSN: Carlo Calaiacovo rumour about Rick Nash (TOR)

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Not sure if he'd actually help, assuming Nylander comes back and Hyman gets out of the top six then is Nash good enough anymore to actually replace any players in the Leafs top six?

Wasn't very good in the playoffs for Boston imo.
WTF hyman is not moving off the Tavares/ Marner line! As if they would take out of the top six. More players should play like him.

Reactions: Confucius and BM14

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
He still must be concussed if he wants to go to Toronto..
Jokes aside he brings size and speed could use him with naz.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Yep, because there certainly aren't any other top quality teams out there he's been connected to. Just the Leafs.

Incidentally, what city is he recuperating in right now - y'know, the one he referred to as "the city that I love" in a recent Athletic article?
Yeah, I always liked him as a Bluejacket. Still pulling for the Leafs though!

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
This is what was said: (McKenzie )The title is a bit missleading : He lives in Columbus. That may be first and foremost what his interest may be - if he’s able, at some point this season, to come back. But he mentions that there might be four or five other teams that he would look favorably on playing on."

McKenzie said Nash may also have a suitor in the Toronto Maple Leafs, as head coach Mike Babcock is a huge fan going back to their time together in the Olympics.
Via
Report: If Rick Nash Decides To Play, the Blue Jackets May Be "First And Foremost" As An Option

Reactions: Classic Devil

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Well apparently his concussion symptoms still aren't gone months later, so who knows how long he'd last if he even tries to come back

I'd take him on a third line with Kadri if he feels better. He doesn't have to play every game. I thought he played really well in the playoffs in his role.

Babcock trusts him a lot. As long as he's not playing with Matthews or Tavares, I am okay with it.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
I'd love if they could add Nash for a cup run this year. He doesn't have the offense he once did, but he is still responsible defensively, and a veteran that would be great to have in the room.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
https://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050/first-up-with-landsberg-and-colaiacovo

Asked Bob Mackenzie if it's true about the rumour that "Rick Nash will return to TOR, train with the Marlies, and then play for the Leafs on their stretch drive".

Bob didn't shoot down the rumour, but said that Rick Nash will have to feel healthy and recover from his concussion first.

Who should Nash play with ?

Tavares, Matthews, or Kadri?

Wow the Leafs are deadly...

He would play with Kadri (barring any injuries to Marleau or Hyman)

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Is Nash a top4 Defensman?

No, but replacing a guy like Bozak with a guy a superstar like Tavares is the equivalent of adding a top four D.

The Leafs got rid of four big liabilities on D this offseason. Bozak, JvR, Komarov and Polak.

All that remains is lowering Hainsey's minutes. They'll be fine.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
No, but replacing a guy like Bozak with a guy a superstar like Tavares is the equivalent of adding a top four D.

The Leafs got rid of four big liabilities on D this offseason. Bozak, JvR, Komarov and Polak.

All that remains is lowering Hainsey's minutes. They'll be fine.
Please - refer to him as pajama boy.

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
Got to be able to stop pucks from going in, not only score...
7-6 wins only. That said, andersen is doing Andersen things and having a slow start. The defence ĺooks better when he looks better, that isn't a secret. Nash would be really decent as a depth option, good defence, and possibly a net front presence on the 2nd pp unit. For a million or 1.5 for a year, I'd do it.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Got to be able to stop pucks from going in, not only score...

Have you seen the D Pittsburgh won back to back Cups with?

They just bludgeoned other teams with their offense and Murray made timely saves. The Leafs are capable of doing that. They will have Nylander before Dec 1st at worst as well.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
The Leafs would be better off sticking with hungry young players. Marleau fills the grizzled old vet quota.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
How is Gagner gonna be reduced to 750k? I don't think you understand how retention in trade works.

Gagners cap it is $3.15M

Traded to a team with cap space, 50% retained.

Gagners cap hit is $1.575M

Traded to Leafs, 50% retained

Gagners cap hit $0.787M

So close enough... read my post, I said traded twice.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
7-6 wins only. That said, andersen is doing Andersen things and having a slow start. The defence ĺooks better when he looks better, that isn't a secret. Nash would be really decent as a depth option, good defence, and possibly a net front presence on the 2nd pp unit. For a million or 1.5 for a year, I'd do it.
We also have a 7-4 win. So there goes that theory.

Reactions: BM14

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
I heard that Dale Hawerchuck is considering coming out of retirement to play for his home city....

member 290103

Sweet. More help at forward. Looking forward to the Leaf implosion in round...2 I expect.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Wouldn't Nash have to go through waivers if he joins the Leafs after Jan 1?
I may be wrong, haven't had a chance to check but I think only if he signs a contract when he trains with the Marlies

If he simply just trains, works out, PTOs maybe even , I think no waivers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad