Player Discussion Canucks sign D Tyler Myers to 5-Year, $30m Deal ($6m AAV) | Part 2

hcg

Oct 12, 2018
Bieksa with Hamhuis was a revelation. Nobody here could have expected Bieksa to be a top pairing shut down Dman on a Cup contender no less. But outside of his partnership with Hamhuis, was there someone Bieksa played well with as in Jovo with Lachance/Malik well?
He was a shutdown guy with Mitchell too.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Well he's been good so far, let's see how long it lasts. It hasn't exactly been a track race out there in the games so far. I'm still not sure we wouldn't have been better off keeping Hutton and socking that money away for a run at Barrie or similar next year.

Actually bad to have Hughes doing so well, because he's a direct contrast to Myers playing "well". Is he playing $6M well? That's still heavily debatable.

To be fair, we still could take a swing at Barrie. I'd much prefer the "problem" of making Myers and Barrie work compared to losing out on both. Assuming, of course, Myers maintains this level of play.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Would like to see Tryamkin over here playing on the third pairing.
He has size, skating and skill. Bit of a mean streak too. Him and Stecher would be interesting to see

Tryamkin doesnt have a mean streak at all, hes a gentle giant lol

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Looks like an excellent acquisition, him and Edler were the two best signings for Benning this offseason. Also, lol at the outrage for Gardiner. He's been absolutely terrible so far.

Reactions: bh53

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Looks like an excellent acquisition, him and Edler were the two best signings for Benning this offseason. Also, lol at the outrage for Gardiner. He's been absolutely terrible so far.

So far so good. But the season is young and he was signed to a 5 year contract.

Reactions: Blue and Green

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Barrie has been brutal for the Laughs so far this year.

Has he? I've heard the opposite.

In regards to Myers he's been waaaaaay better than expected. I don't think he's worth 6M per season, and he's had a few brutal gaffes already but so far he's proven me wrong. We'll see how things unfold moving forward.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
myers is really really strong when he wants to use it. i guess i should have expected that but from his reputation you’d think he was shawn bradley.

now if only we could send both edler and myers to pronger school...

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
I think it's reassuring for the Canucks forwards knowing there's a 6'8 grown man at the back when things get hairy.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
He's been good. I have to laugh at his skating backwards though. He looks sometimes like his form is that of a peewee house player but he is deceptively fast despite that. He is also surprisingly fast on the transition despite looking kind or clunky. I guess it is the long legs.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
He’s really stabilized the top 4, eats up a lot of minutes and is surprisingly good in transition

pretty happy with his play so far, cant complain especially if he ends the year with 30-40 pts

Last edited:

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
He was a #4 guy at least (even before he was a Canuck). Unlike that faux one that was carried by Campbell.

To be fair that was something that posters debated here. Some thought/think he's a bottom pairing Dman.

elwin316

Jun 4, 2009
To be fair that was something that posters debated here. Some thought/think he's a bottom pairing Dman.

To expand on your point, let's not forget that 22.3% of posters here preferred Hutton straight up over Myers, ignoring contracts!

Myers or Hutton, This Year

Myers has his flaws, but that poll result is embarrassing. If that question was posted as a poll on the main board it would have been laughed at.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad